• countless stomatella (mostly black)
  • dwarf ceriths
  • mini brittle stars
  • Mexican turbo snail
  • 1 red crab (Uca sp)

Corals:

LPS

• Green Pearl Bubble coral (Physogyra)
  • rainbow colored Acan (Acanthastrea echinata)
  • Green Blasto
  • Purple green Favia
  • blue candycane coral

After nine years into saltwater I decided I needed to build a tank that would give me bragging rights among reefers. Something I learned over the years is that a mature reef takes time and there are no short cuts if you want to have a successful reef. SO after crappy tank over crappy tank I decided to sell everything not essential to keep my livestock alive and got myself an ADA 60-F and an idea. For the first time in my life I dedicated countless hours (spread within 3 months) to create this:

2350e8f5.jpg

08d2ed8a.jpg

Iphone pics :angry:

I know it doesn't look that good but I will get good pics after my kessil arrives and I borrow a camera.

The stand it's a DIY 3 tier reinforced bookshelf, this will host and hide the equipment, sump and display some of my hobby related books.

nano_reefer10

Love the tank, would it be possible to get a closer picture of the overflow? I can't decide on how I want to do my overflow for my rimless, but I think your tank may have just made up my mind.

did you drill your tank in order to get a sump going?

Yes, one hole inside an overflow box made by Glazer and the other with a split locline as a return.

Love the tank, would it be possible to get a closer picture of the overflow? I can't decide on how I want to do my overflow for my rimless, but I think your tank may have just made up my mind.

Sure I'll try tomorrow, here are a few taken by Glazer

P1010382.jpg

P1010381.jpg

P1010387.jpg

I have to say Glazer does amazing acrylic jobs very clean lines.

Looking great! Where exactly do you drill the tank? on the bottom of the overflow and tank?

Yes, there was no other way to do it, at least for the look that I was aiming for. I decided to go with a clear overflow detached from the walls because it gives me the opportunity to clean the tank walls all around and after a while between magnetic plugs and purple algae the overflow will disappear eventually.

Short video, still waiting to borrow a camera

th_25b6abee.jpg

Tank is looking awesome Angel.... good choice, the clear on the overflow really looks nice with the tank.

Not knowing what you were doing I had it envisioned as being a center overflow kind of thing. Like this better. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the sump set up when you get a chance.

Steve

Tank is looking awesome Angel.... good choice, the clear on the overflow really looks nice with the tank.

Not knowing what you were doing I had it envisioned as being a center overflow kind of thing. Like this better. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the sump set up when you get a chance.

Steve

Thx, Steve

I need to borrow a camera to take good pics of the display, the DIY stand and sump but ill take a couple of pics with my iphone.

Looking for fish suggestions, the tank it's roughly 10 gallons net.

I was considering neon gobies or similar but what else would you guys recommend?

New additions; 2 ORA A. ocellaris, LFS couldn't tell me the name of the mutation but they're pretty nonetheless. You can't appreciate it from the pics but they are marbled or spotted if you want to call it that.

9067fca4.jpg

th_ff7fac7b.jpg

9067fca4-1.jpg

How much were those clowns? There really nice looking. I love your tank so far, ada 60-f is my dream tank, but just to far out of my price range!

The overflow looks very sharp too.

Great looking tank. Where did you get it from?

oops i didn't noticed your question, I got it from Aqua forest aquarium on Fillmore St in SF.

how do you rate the kessil lamp the color look great but compere to 33 watts of led cree 3 watts who packs more punch for the buck do you think that 1 kessil and 2 24watt t5ho is good for sps for my 30x24x13 tank

Is this really only 8.5 gallons? Looks like way more. Great job!

Based on my calculations yes, but that is net volume because the equip and rockwork takes a ton of volume it's a 5.5 sump and 8.6 gal tank.

th_e08bac7a.jpg

me messing with a lonely star

Archived