Pod Your Reef

Please help me ID its taking over

Evanski9

well i woke up this morning to this. it crushed me. idk what this is and i want it out. if someone can tell me what it is with these bad pics please do. and how to get rid of it. it growing really fast and spreading and i want it gone. p.s. its under and on top of my gsp. the clear anemone lokking kinda but i dont know if its aptasia

post-68079-1314080833_thumb.jpg

Sorry it's a bad picture. I don't have a camera it's just a I phone pic. It's under the gsp you can kinda see it. It's white. In the middle under the rock

It is possible it's a cup coral, or non aptaisia 'nem. I thought I had some of my florida live rock until i found a site that lists the common hitchikers on FLR. Turns out they are harmless.

How is it taking over? Whatever it is

In one 6 hour light cycle it grew from a dime size to a half dollar. Covering the rock and my gsp

well no aiptasia grows that fast that i know of. it might just be coming to life after being pissed of, whatever it is.

That's what it sounds like to me as well.

We need some more info. Where is your Liverock from? Your substrate type? Since the critter has gotten considerably larger, could you describe it better or provide a better pic?

Archived