Three of four frogspawn colonies

2webair.jpg

Tentacular

ny78f4.jpg

Male SA Fancy Ocellaris and Candy Cane

nzqakk.jpg

Female SA Fancy Ocellaris

20t3vwm.jpg

There's no way the coralline will come off the back, so I'm going to look around for some nice GSP and glue them down on the back wall. Hopefully they'll cover it quickly.

Not my nicest tank, but it's getting to be half-decent-looking. :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice!

You have the "fancy" clowns, do you know what they are a mix off? Like darwin x orange or something like that?

Matt Carberry, president of Sustainable Aquatics, informed me all about them on RC. He said they had no darwins in their heritage, to his knowledge. Just orange Occys bred to have more black on them. :)

Matt Carberry, president of Sustainable Aquatics, informed me all about them on RC. He said they had no darwins in their heritage, to his knowledge. Just orange Occys bred to have more black on them. :)

Really? I've always read clowns that look like that are orange x black

Awesome clowns either way, I have a pair myself, altho I got them as Mocha Clowns (which are supposed to be black x orange) clownfish varieties are so confusing :wacko:

so you have 3 saltwater tanks?

Yesh. :P

Really? I've always read clowns that look like that are orange x black

Awesome clowns either way, I have a pair myself, altho I got them as Mocha Clowns (which are supposed to be black x orange) clownfish varieties are so confusing :wacko:

These were bred by the aquaculture company Sustainable Aquatics and they named them SA Fancy Ocellaris. :)

you like euphyllia, euphy?

do you think you could get a pic of where the polyp of the frogspawn meets the bone? so i can compare to my frogspawn?

you like euphyllia, euphy?

do you think you could get a pic of where the polyp of the frogspawn meets the bone? so i can compare to my frogspawn?

I wub them. :wub:

Definitely. Remind me tomorrow when the lights come on. I can get pictures from a few different colonies. :)

k thnx

:)

get a blue euphy

I'd rather buy a blue mille for my 29. :mellow:

Aren't the blues and the oranges like $5000 per head? :lol:

nooo...i think LA had a purple one for 40

I'll look around for a cheap Euphyllia that's different from what I already have. :)

I need some browns! :lol:

really nice pair of clowns u got. any fts?

I'll get a FTS tomorrow. Not very frazzle-dazzle.

Ask and you shall receive. :P

These two colonies were once one colony. Then it broke in half when if fell off the rock structure one day.... and it broke in half again two days ago. :lol:

Here's the medium-sized piece...

2z4x27p.jpg

Here's the largest piece...

27wwpip.jpg

In the second picture you can see some of the skeleton where the head connects. It's just as healthy as the heads around it that are thick and puffy where they connect. My point is, each Euphyllia is different and each head on a colony can be different. The frogspawn in your thread looks pretty healthy, so there may be nothing wrong with it.

hey that looks just like my froggy's base :)

In your picture, some of the skeleton is showing through the attaching tissue. :lol:

actually mine has more flesh than yours right now. and no skeleton is showing through :huh:

Then why are you worried about it?

just being sure it's ok.

That's like me posting a picture of my clowns just to see if they are healthy, even though I know they are. :P

why the :(?

Because you made me feel guilty with the "oh whatever you're right... :(" attitude.

Archived