SaltCritters.com

Streetsong's 76g Half-Circle of sps

streetsong

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, mrscritz! I have wanted a half-circle since I saw one in an LFS 5 years ago. I'm glad that I decided to wait until they became "uncool" and bought one for cheap on craigslist.

I'm thinking about transferring my 2 small percula clowns over from my 29 gal. today. Since I added the Chalk Bass on Friday, I don't want to push my bio-load. Is this too much? I figured it would be okay considering how much my foxface eats and poops. That's why I have a skimmer rated at 150 gal!

Well, I ended up transferring a bunch of stuff over from my 29 gal. biocube yesterday. My 29 had a sudden melt-down. I lost about 8 sps frags and large piece of orange monti-cap. I went to the grocery store, came home an hour later, and it was all dead. So I started moving my clam, 2 brains (which will most likely be moved back in a couple of weeks), plate coral, 2 clowns and yellowhead jawfish. Everything seems okay.

post-45694-1317693383_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the 2 brains:

post-45694-1317693645_thumb.jpg

I am fully lit! Just set-up my second AI module and now the tank is fully covered. Huge difference- I just wish my pic didn't look so "yellowish" looks much more blue in real life.

post-45694-1317863774_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the shrimp, mrscritz! My tank is shrimp-free. Chalk bass is a cool fish, I named him "Where's Waldo" Not just "Waldo" but "Where's Waldo."

I just realized that I haven't posted an updated equipment list. Here it is:

Tank: Oceanic 76 gal. half-circle with center overflow.

Lighting: AI Sol Super Blue, 2 modules. 120 watts.

Controller: Digital Aquatics Reef-Keeper Lite w/ pH probe and float-valve for ATO.

Circulation: Main pump: Rio Hyperflow 7, JBJ Oceanstream duo powerhead/wavemaker kit, Echotech Vortech MP10

Sump: 30 gal. custom acrylic wet/dry filter

Protein Skimmer Reef Octopus 300

Other: Two Little Fishies Kalkwasser Reactor, 10 gal. glass tank for ATO

Just put in an order with Vivid Aquariums:

-Pink and Yellow Millepora- 1.75"

-Sunshine Millepora- 2.5"

-Aussie Neon Green Tabling Acro- 1.25"

-Montipora Setosa- 1"

-Pink Stylophora- 5"

-Aussie Blue Tenuis- 2.5"

-Tricolor Acropora- 2.5"

I'm excited. These looked great on their site. I hope they deliver in real-life. I was looking at a quite a few sites before ordering from Vivid. I checked out Diver's Den, Reef Gardener, Phil Your Tank. Vivid just had great looking pieces, reasonably sized and good variety.

I added a Melanurus Wrasse yesterday. Great specimen-very active right after acclimation. He has already become a BFF with my foxface. They have been swimming very closely together, to the point where they touch each other. At first I was concerned about the wrasse being stung by the foxface if he becomes to friendly. So far there is no agrression from either fish. I attached a video that my wife took while I was out of the house yesterday.

My corals arrive tomorrow from Vivid. Nothing else to exciting. Fish are very active right now and everyone is getting along famously. My skimmer is awesome- If your in the market for a great in-sump skimmer and you don't want to spend $$$$, I would highly recommend the reef-octopus. I'll post pics of the new stuff tomorrow.

I'm anxious to see your new coral additions from vivid. Pics are a must if you can tear yourself away from the pico thread. lol The tank look awesome. I'm jealous.... :bowdown:

Rob-Thanks for the compliments. This tank has been a ton of work, but I Iove it! Here is what I got to unpack today! It's like Christmas- but better!

post-45694-1319071873_thumb.jpg

post-45694-1319071894_thumb.jpg

Here's a new FTS with sps from Vivid added yesterday:

post-45694-1319164835_thumb.jpg

SUWEET!!!!!! Looks great. I'm jealous. Makes my new additions look shabby... :angry:

I lost my foxface yesterday. No trace of him in the tank, overflow or sump. Not a small fish, but he has vanished. No sign of illness and he was eating well. I guess it happens, but it doesn't make me any less sad or frustrated. :angry:

I lost my foxface yesterday. No trace of him in the tank, overflow or sump. Not a small fish, but he has vanished. No sign of illness and he was eating well. I guess it happens, but it doesn't make me any less sad or frustrated. :angry:

OH no, Are you sure he's just not playing hide and seek with you??? I sure hope he turns up alive and well...

Archived