Innovative Marine Aquariums

RSM Ecoxotic Stunner strip install

ToXIc

although RSM advertise their lighting to be efficient enough honestly its not..

my coral colors were washed out and rather pathetic compared to the lighting of other members...

so i researched and also with the help of forum members (here) i decided on ecoxotic stunner stripes..

any hoo off to the pics...

1st layout..

0e4ef4d0.jpg

didnt really pan out.. not enough coverage...

final setup..

193f65c0.jpg

44ec8b5c.jpg

eb787187.jpg

with just the stunner stripes on the tank looks great!!! unfortunately my point n shoot camera is having a conniption #### when trying to take a pic of it..

• 5 weeks later...
3 strips of blue...

That's exactly what I had in mind. How do you run them ? All day long ? Do you extend their timing so they come up before the main light and go off after ?

Yeah i have been wanting to do this with my RSM.. my corals colors are really good but I want a little more 'pop'. What did this cost you to do? and what is your timing schedule with these lights?

timing schedule..

2hrs before stocks lights and 1.5 hrs after..

not cheap... each stunner is $50 and the power supply is $20.. but you only need one power supply for 6 strips..

Thanks for the info.. So you are only leaving them on for around 3.5 hours each day right? (1.5hrs in the morning, 2 at night) they are not running in conjunction with the normal RSM lights? I'm just wondering if you need to slowly light acclimate your corals.

toxic.. quick question.. I am getting mine today. You have your LEDS running across the bulbs; Can you still open the chamber to your bulbs? I know you only need to change out the bulbs every9 months or so, but I dont want it to be to messy. Any other advice before I install mine tonight?

thanks!

i installed with the clips so i can always get to the bulbs if needed...

the clips work great...

they come with clips?

thanks for the quick response too.. i am pumped to set this up.. my RSM has been up for over a year and i have good colors and growth but I want more!

they come with clips?

thanks for the quick response too.. i am pumped to set this up.. my RSM has been up for over a year and i have good colors and growth but I want more!

yup...

there are 3 ways included to mount them

1: 3M tape

2: metal clips

3: eye holes on either side of the strip to screw them down..

Maybe an ignorant question, but, are you not worried about the heat from the bulbs in any way hurting the stunners? I mean the led's run much cooler, is it okay to lay them across such a heat source?

sooo... I installed and the colors are insane. But it is REALLLY blue. feels a little like overkill to me.

Have you noticed any issues by having too much blue?

sooo... I installed and the colors are insane. But it is REALLLY blue. feels a little like overkill to me.

Have you noticed any issues by having too much blue?

??? By themselves or with the RSM lights on also?

• 1 month later...

so this weekend i replaced a stunner strip that went out due to some water damage..

in the process i fount that the clips were rusted out

11e954fd.jpg

so i took the entire hood apart

562c00ae.jpg

and cleaned it out, drilled holes and used zip ties.. since the hood was apart i replaced the fans and realysed there was a 3rd spot for a fan to cool the transformer and ballast to i wired one of the old ones in..

b2adafc5.jpg

all mounted back together

1c82fcb9.jpg

7ae9c82d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived