3x acans

various zoas

gsp

pink trachy

candy cane

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that if the light is moved toward the center of the tank instead of being close to the back, that you get a better light spread. So, i pieced together two hoods to make one bigger one so i could keep the stock look but get better light. its also hinged to make it easier to feed (not having to take the hood completely off is awsome). I also painted the back, wasn't sure how it would turn out and i'm still not sure if i like it or not.

[attac

hment=80923:IMG_1544.JPG]

I absolutely hate the scaping as well as this base rock, so it will be coming out and replaced with live rock. i just wanted to get something in there for the yasha and pistol that are in there.

WOW looks great.....love the lighting! im not sure what im doing with my lighting yet.........

love the painted background. i got the orange trim fluval edge.....wish i had the black but got a supergood deal on the orange from a local reef fourm so it seemed like a good idea. im not sure if the black background would look good on the orange it might look like halloween.....

WOW looks great.....love the lighting! im not sure what im doing with my lighting yet.........

love the painted background. i got the orange trim fluval edge.....wish i had the black but got a supergood deal on the orange from a local reef fourm so it seemed like a good idea. im not sure if the black background would look good on the orange it might look like halloween.....

it will be hard to find another color to go with the orange. try putting a piece of black paper on it to see what it looks like. that way if it looks bad its an easy fix.

great idea :)

also what is you lighting? i love that system it looks amazing, will you be able to keep simple corals?

great idea :)

also what is you lighting? i love that system it looks amazing, will you be able to keep simple corals?

its the maxspect G1-60w bought it through a group buy here. maxspect claims it is equal to a 70w MH .

I'm Amazed how the Light fit inside the box. When you first told me I didn't even had a clue how big was the light unit. Looks very clean and it gives you a nice coverage over the whole tank. Keep it up

could you post a link to that i cant find it anywere online.

-mike-

here is one option, i know lck-led.com used to sell them but its not on thier site anymore so i found this one.

http://www.fish-street.com/maxspect_progra...category_id=118

also here is a link to the group buy, might get info from there as well. not sure if they will be doing another or not. worth a shot

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...0&start=260

hope that helps

need an idea or two on where to look for quality live rock. all of the stuff at my LFS looks like crapolah, and i hate it.

I hear sealifeinc has great rock. I would likely give them a try if I were in the market again. My next tank though will be made with dry base rock sculpted and seeded.

I hear sealifeinc has great rock. I would likely give them a try if I were in the market again. My next tank though will be made with dry base rock sculpted and seeded.

thanks, i'll check it out

also thanks for the light links.

you had to remove the LED's from the fixture and custom fit them into the lighting hood of the fluval edge?

also what model would i need to order from that web link you listed?

thanks

-mike-

i've read good reviews on macro rocks

i think its www.macrorocks.com

all that shows up on thier site is the dry rock, the live rock page is blank. I looked at sealife inc. and that rock looks pretty good. probably will go that route

re-sacped and a few pics of whats to come. sorry bout the pics, still learning this photography stuff.

moar pix

i need goby ideas, need to be small. already have yasha/pistol pair, but want a couple more gobies. looked at trimmas and neons , but i wonder if there are any that I may not know about. would the flaming prawn be ok with the yasha , I would like to get one but only if it will not be too stressed. thanks

animalmaster6

I love the acans.

Goby possibilities

- Flaming Prawn

- Masked Gobies

(To tell you the truth any goby under 2 inches that isn't a shrimp goby would be perfect in your tank) :)

I love the acans.

Goby possibilities

- Flaming Prawn

- Masked Gobies

(To tell you the truth any goby under 2 inches that isn't a shrimp goby would be perfect in your tank) :)

funny you mention the masked gobies I just finished reading the updates on hypes lagoon, and was looking at his. I dont want to come off as a "copy cat" so i may pass on those, but we will see. thanks.

oh does the scaping look better this time around??

I like it. What rock did you end up getting?

niether yet, but i am going with sealife. this is just some base rock that was in my sump for the 40b.

got bored . :D

Archived