Cultivated Reef

Calling all Mr. Aqua Owners!

andrewguilfoy

andrewguilfoy

I'll leave this one open! My Mr. Aqua, Latest FTS to come.. I'll be posting as well soon.

I'm in the middle of a build using a Mr. Aqua 25G 18" cube. I'll update this post when it's up and running.

stand_01.jpg

I'll be joining this club soon enough. I've got a 25G Mr. Aqua cube just like Aegeon. but it doesn't even have water yet. :(

Here's just a little proof that i haz one.

2zr2ako.jpg

sogreedy23

mine's just getting on its feet, had it for about 5 days..7.5g 12in cube(it looks goofy, it has an 18in t5ho unit on it right now mounted diagonally)..may add a 70w viper i have or use this with new uvl-r bulbs

edit:forgot to upload pic!

post-50406-1273084542_thumb.jpg

northstar1357

How are the alignments for the glass? Straight or not straight? also can the 11.4 gallon version hold a CPR medium fuge (3.6 gallons ) or will that be too heavy for that tank?

andrewguilfoy

looks sweet, but I thought you couldn't really keep anything under it? like a fish only light?

andrewguilfoy

Nice. it looks great. I'll definitely have to look into that! so inexpensive too!

How are the alignments for the glass? Straight or not straight? also can the 11.4 gallon version hold a CPR medium fuge (3.6 gallons ) or will that be too heavy for that tank?

personally, I would probably be scared with the 3.6 hanging off the back, you figure 25 or more lbs with sand and lighting.. if you supported the bottom of the fuge you would probably have better luck. The silicon is strong, but the glass on the 11.4 is probably about as thick as an AGA 10 or 15 gallon, and unfourtuneatly glass will be glass..

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'll get pics of my 25 cube up soon. It's been running for a week, and it's getting hungry. Going to start feeding it SPS in the next month hopefully. :P

• 4 months later...
vikingranger05

bump...any updates on your guys tanks... I will be buying my friends 33.6 soon and trying to think how to plumb it? any recommendations? I am willing to attempt to drill it.. i had an acrylic drilled awhile back and i just has a return and overflow but without the overflow box it just had a 90 that came out of the bulkhead with a screen to keep anything from going down... i liked how clean it looked like that.. is there a plus to adding the overflow box?

vikingranger05

whats the benefit of the overflow box? Im going to drill my tank i just don't know if i want the overflow box.. i was just thinking of a little 90 from the bulkhead...

Archived