SaltCritters.com

Dizzle's 10g DIY AIO Contest Tank *NEW PICS*

Dizzle21

Background-

Well for starters this is my first reef tank and in fact my first saltwater tank as well. Im sure it will be a challenge and a learning experience but im willing to take it on. My plan is to build a DIY AIO. I chose to build a AIO because i like the look of a clean and sleek tank, nothen is uglier than seeing heaters,intake tubes,powerheads,cords,etc in your tank!. I wish i would of bought a rimless 10g but due to money and time i bought a 10g aga from wally mart. I cant wait for this contest to start! Goodluck to all and dont start NO DRAMA!! haha :P

Equipment-

--10g AGA-$10*

--24" Current Usa Nova Extreme T5HO 2x24w-$62

--MJ600-$16

--Jager 50w Heater-$21*

--Loc-line,bulkhead,acrylic,silicone $50*

--live sand-$16*

--Instant ocean salt*

--Koralia Nano-$30

--Live Rock-$28

"Thank You SEALIFE INC"

--Thermometer-$10*

* = not deducted from Budget

Budget Burned-$157

Budget left for Goodies-$193

The Tank-

FTS

10greef004.jpg

10greef001.jpg

10greef007.jpg

10greef006.jpg

Picture.jpg

NANOREEF063.jpg

NANOREEF062.jpg

NANOREEF006-1.jpg

NANOREEF016.jpg

NANOREEF017.jpg

NANOREEF015.jpg

NANOREEF006.jpg

Tell me what you think soo far!

Advice and Comment are welcome!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Background-

Well for starters this is my first reef tank and in fact my first saltwater tank as well. Im sure it will be a challenge and a learning experience but im willing to take it on. My plan is to build a DIY AIO. I chose to build a AIO because i like the look of a clean and sleek tank, nothen is uglier than seeing heaters,intake tubes,powerheads,cords,etc in your tank!. I wish i would of bought a rimless 10g but due to money and time i bought a 10g aga from wally mart. I cant wait for this contest to start! Goodluck to all and dont start NO DRAMA!! haha :P

Agreed I hate all the cords and plastic...

Cant wait to see everyones tanks for this contest :D

I like it. That should look good full of SW and stocked up. Good luck with your first SW tank. My first SW was a 10G also so I think you will do great.

Oh snap! I missed the update!! looks awesome dizzle!!

U don't have to charge $10 for the standard 10g :ninja:

Yes i wished i would of done it with a rimless. i saw the kit you bought after i bought my aga and dont remember seeing them at my LFS..soo siliconed my falsewall in... i went a couple days later and bam they had like 3 stacks of them... :angry:

Your shop looks beautiful in the background. Really nice!

Like your tank, too.

Mine is pretty similar, also AIO.

Photos to come tomorrow.

When is the "secret object" published?

Sometime after midnight, right? But EST?

Nice start. What did you paint the wall with? Fusion?

Yes satin black kryon fusion. stuff works great.

Comment on the aquascape!!

its nothen to exciting but i think it looks ok.

EVIL- will it be worth the switch to leds? I want to build a light were i can pretty much keep anything i want and not be limited on what corals i can have.

thing is i have a 10g also BUT its a AIO...SOOOoo my display tank is only...14" long x 10" wide x 12" Deep

So can you help me pretty please on what i need "how many leds,buckpuks,power supplies,"

i want it dimmable to adjust color, and want to be able to have just actinics or daylights on,"dusk/dawn effect"

thanks!

EVIL- will it be worth the switch to leds? I want to build a light were i can pretty much keep anything i want and not be limited on what corals i can have.

thing is i have a 10g also BUT its a AIO...SOOOoo my display tank is only...14" long x 10" wide x 12" Deep

So can you help me pretty please on what i need "how many leds,buckpuks,power supplies,"

i want it dimmable to adjust color, and want to be able to have just actinics or daylights on,"dusk/dawn effect"

thanks!

10 LEDs (5 cool white, 5 royal blue), no optics, 2 1000mA Buckpucks (3023-D-E-1000P), and a 24v power supply (2.2A minimum) will do the trick.

so i can have only blues or only whites with 1 power supply?

oh and ive seen members use a couple UV leds on there arrays whats the purpose of those?

One power supply can run everything. If you want dawn/dusk effects, you will need one power supply for each driver.

so a power supply runs the drivers, each driver runs 6 leds? sorry im not very knowledgeable in electronics.

What about a couple UV LEDS, or red or green. i want my corals to pop will these help?

Archived