ReefCleaners.org

Tank size for sea turtle?

Deleted User 6

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40G Breeder should do the trick ...

Hmmmmm ... I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get them ...

They prefer Zeovits tanks too ... The shells will never look their brightest without it ...

:lol:

Deleted User 6

I want to name him Crush. How long do you have to cycle a sea turtle tank? Do I feed him fish or seaweed?

highonfumes

*shudder* i've seen one in an lfs before. they tried to cover up the tank with cardboard but i lifted the lid and there was a baby sea turtle in a 50 gallon tank :( so i guess the answer is 50 gallons :lol:

The end to your story should have been....and then I beat them with a piece of rebar. What kind of worthless POS brings a sea turtle to an LFS? The ignorance of some people amazes me.

Bill

When I was a little kid, my mom used to keep salt water tanks on and off here in south Florida. We often would pick up a hatchling turtle from the beach and keep it a few weeks or months and then turn it loose. I remember doing it several times.

Those were simpler times.

When I was a kid and my Dad first got into Marine tanks (late 60s) you would see them on the Vendors mailing lists all the time - even listed in a few of the books. I would beg my Dad for one, wisely he told me they would not be good for his 35 gallon! So, bigger than that I guess. I hear they like Jellyfish, too - so you could breed jellies in your frag tank!

highonfumes
Can your mom get me a sea turtle? My tank has zero nitrites.

:lol: *phew* i thought i cast a dark cloud on your thread for a minute there...

Paleoreef103
Can your mom get me a sea turtle? My tank has zero nitrites.

Just remember to run Chemi-Pure. It cures cancer you know.

Haut let's be honest about this one ... you already got the sea turtle in your 10G tank ... embarrassed to admit it?!

I know you don't like reading before purchasing ... but this really takes the cake

This is ridiculous. Who would even think about putting a sea turtle in a tank?? It's obvious you know nothing about them and have done absolutely no research. Sorry, this is just absurd.

Deleted User 6

The fish store said it would be ok for a little while in the 10g. I will let it go back to the wild when it grows up. It can swim home down the east river.

The fish store said it would be ok for a little while in the 10g. I will let it go back to the wild when it grows up. It can swim home down the east river.

I think the Hudson River would be a little bit cleaner ... It'll at least be able to find it's way back ... the other side ... It will have to get past all the dead bodies ... :o

At least the took the care and consideration into letting it free when it grows.

I applaud you!

Deleted User 6

I am doing research. It is not absurd to want a sea turtle. But I don't think they will eat saltines. But maybe sardines. :lol:

This is a joke thread right? All sea turtles are illegal to own, they are an endangered species.

Regardless, the idea of holding an animal that travels thousands of miles around in the ocean in a fish tank is just cruel.

THANK YOU!

This is a joke thread right? All sea turtles are illegal to own, they are an endangered species.

Regardless, the idea of holding an animal that travels thousands of miles around in the ocean in a fish tank is just cruel.

This is why I always suggest getting a long tank. You know.. anything with L behind it should work (ex 20L) don't get anything with a T unless you want the turtle to swim vertically vs horizontally.

Do you have a 20,000 gallon tank?? stop being an ####### and put it in the ocean. It is absurd to have a sea turtle. and in a F***ing ten gallon?!?! I wanna hit you right now

I can get lettuce cheap at the grocery store!

Just save your left overs from when you go out to eat. A little ranch dressing or blue cheese couldn't hurt. You got a skimmer right?

Archived