inTank Media Baskets

Jacob's 5.5

Jacobnano

Current FTS:

DPP_0001.jpg

Well, after many days of random posting I have decided to post some pics/info about my newest tank. The tank is only two or so weeks old but the rock was taken from my 24g and my sand from my pico. Anyway I have four tanks set up and and this is probably the best looking because the others are in re-make mode. Ok well this tank is a 5.5g and I have a coralife 36w PC on it. The filter is a AC70 with a custom intake and stealth 25w (I think) heater. The current inhabitants are a clean up crew and 1 sexy shrimp. For corals I have 2 duncans, some rhodactis shrooms, ricordea, blue clove polyps, xenia, GSP, some zoa that I need identified. The zoa have little green mouths and with purple around that. The purple around the mouth has some light purple splotches that look almost white. Anyway sorry I don\'t have a camera for macro shots so I know my description probably won\'t help but if anyone knows that would be awesome, they came attached to an urchin lol. Well these pics have a bag floating in them because I was acclimating my sexy shrimp. I will update with new pics soon. Anyway here they go...

dscf2512_800x600.jpg

dscf2516_800x600.jpg

dscf2515_800x600.jpg

dscf2513_800x600.jpg

***I forgot to mention I fed the duncans right before I took the pic so that is why they are all sucked in.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I figure I did pretty good for only spending under 20$ (Duncans) and only having it up for 1.5 - 2 weeks. Also, I am looking for some zoa if anyone wants to donate to an aspiring young reefer lol

O yes, I have seen your thread haha :) No matter the name me likey lol. I'll buy some from you lol I don't want to spend 40$ a polyp though, lawn mowing isn't that profitable ;)

Also, I wanted to know how fast cheato grows for everyone. I have had mine for a while and it is just starting to take off. I really can't find out why. Probably just nutrient supply even though there isn't much coming from a fishless 5.5...

Hey also everyone I am setting up another tank, a ten gallon. What lights would fit on it and look acceptable, I don't need to be able to keep SPS but I want to be able to keep corals healthy. Anyway thanks in advance :)

Well I was taking some pics for another thread and snapped a pic of my mushrooms, I think they are rhodactis but if I am wrong an ID would be sweet.

img4309t.jpg

Thanks ;) Now that school is out I can put a lot more time into my tank...yay

lol now i can stare at my tank all day

They are rhodactis mushrooms. But mine seem to look different than other peoples lol. Also thanks, I think it looks pretty good for being 3 weeks old :)

Thanks guys! Ya the ac70 is awesome. I did kinda cheat the rock was from my 24g that I took down haha.

nice tank! you have to let me know what your maintenance is like on that tank. I've always wanted a pico, but I shied away from that challenge.

My maintenance is not much at all. Weekly water changes lol. I top off every day and feed my duncan every day. Thats about it. I don't have any fish and I have a ton of cheato so nitrates are easy to keep down lol.

Archived