Setup Process

• Upgrade Electrical Outlets w/ Grounded GFI's
  • Locate Adequate Stand or Build Custom ADA Style Stand
  • Order Equipment
  • Mount Lighting From Wall Above Tank
  • Install Equipment In Aquarium When It Arrives
  • Order Live Rock
  • Cycle & Begin Stocking

The aquarium has been ordered, but is on back order and will not arrive until the end of February from what I understand.

20090123-kaun1ynpbraixquqn398yeeubq.jpg

20090123-cma1jjtx454ej7gh7yqbeg63t9.jpg

In the mean time, I'll be working on upgrading the outlet and finding/building a nice stand to put the tank on.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's a garden mat?

"This aquarium protection mat is design for use when setting aquarium on a aquarium stand. We strongly advise the use of Garden Mat with Cube Garden Aquarium tank."

"The ADA Garden Mat is soft protection material designed for placement under ADA Cube Garden aquariums."

"This aquarium protection mat is design for use when setting aquarium on a aquarium stand. We strongly advise the use of Garden Mat with Cube Garden Aquarium tank."

"The ADA Garden Mat is soft protection material designed for placement under ADA Cube Garden aquariums."

lol, sounds like it would cost too much.

Like compression board?

Looks like it is probably rubber/silicone based:

20090123-qctuwsixyqnt9r7qsr3gad2wb3.jpg

lol, sounds like it would cost too much.

$12.00...not bad at all imo

yaaay! you're going to love, love, LOVE your tank! I love my ADA. =) I have the garden mat too lol

I can't wait to see everything all set up :happy:

i hope you got the regular and not the clear. I dont think you need the reefpack, just the skimmer would have done you good.

edit: oops you did just get the regular. good job

clownfishlover

Has anyone see the Clear vs the Regular one? I know is double the price but since I only plan to buy one tank, do you really see a difference or is it something just on paper.

any thoughts?

Oh yes I think the temperature is very cool, I'll take that over the mat.

i hope you got the regular and not the clear. I dont think you need the reefpack, just the skimmer would have done you good.

edit: oops you did just get the regular. good job

awesome! looks similar to my setup. I think the nano cleaner is useful for removing surface scum, but the set-up would look more svelte with only the skimmer. It'll be fun to see this tank go up.

Can not wait to see this, you should build the stand!

We'll see. I'm going to check a few antique stores Wednesday and see if I can find something cool. If not I'll build one.

Has anyone see the Clear vs the Regular one? I know is double the price but since I only plan to buy one tank, do you really see a difference or is it something just on paper.

any thoughts?

Oh yes I think the temperature is very cool, I'll take that over the mat.

From what I could tell, the 60-P is low iron, while the more expensive one is official starphire brand glass. IMO the low iron is more than adequate for my budget, haha.

Temperature?

awesome! looks similar to my setup. I think the nano cleaner is useful for removing surface scum, but the set-up would look more svelte with only the skimmer. It'll be fun to see this tank go up.

A few others have mentioned that. I'll think about that some more. Does the skimmer alone do well w/ keeping the surface scum down?

cant wait to see this! pics ASAP!

Will do!

GL1113_99.jpg

That's nice, but a little spendy! I'll probably go w/ the new 150w Aqua Medic Spacelight EX w/ a 20k Radium bulb unless I can find a REALLY good deal on that nova II.

ask him to ship one. even comes with a bulb.

Paypal sent and should be here by the end of the week!

Looks like I'm going w/ a Giesemann Nova II 1 x 250W HQI Light Fixture - Silver! :D

nice light. Did you get your tank yet?

Thanks. The tank isn't supposed to be here until the end of Feb I believe :/

Sick man!

Thanks

Archived