Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Do these Zoas exist?

cbort

WhiteVelvetStarfish

lol that's a huge rip off. just to have 1 polyp in your tank, you would be looking at over 150 bucks!! lol

I think 50.00/ polyp would be the most i would pay and that is if they were local to me. Would be nice to have a small colony of them!

I have been fragging zoas for a little while and most of my zoas seem to grow atleast 1 polyp a month. After i get 3 polyps growing on a plug i have been cutting the skin in between them making them 3 seperate polyps, and then the process starts over again! Wouldn't take too long and you'd have a couple 1000.00 worth!

I've never really got into the whole zoa craze, but this one tops them all. I'd say they are average looking at best. I wouldnt pay more than $40 for the whole colony those guys show in the pic. But to each their own....

They really have marketed them well though.

give it about a year and they will go down dramatically, that's when i'll be getting them. People are crazy to pay that much. But i did see one go on ebay a few days ago and it went for like 30 bucks with 50 dollar shipping.

that guys got all the hot zoas, and some mean LPS too.

You got that right. I don't know how some people just get everything like that. $ must have something to do with it.

give it about a year and they will go down dramatically, that's when i'll be getting them. People are crazy to pay that much. But i did see one go on ebay a few days ago and it went for like 30 bucks with 50 dollar shipping.

By htat time they will be something new and cool and no one will care about those.

true

it will turn out how eagle eyes and radioactive dragon eyes were.. everyone wanted them and now you find them everywhere for cheap

true

They'll still be sweet though. There will just be something new that has everyone's attention. Look at the PDs. Their price is falling. I've been getting them for less then 5 a polyp

yeah i have seen purple deaths for really cheap lately.. just a few months ago i was telling myself that i would never buy those because they were so expensive

it just goes to show that patience is still the key in this hobby

yeah i have seen purple deaths for really cheap lately.. just a few months ago i was telling myself that i would never buy those because they were so expensive

it just goes to show that patience is still the key in this hobby

Yeah I just got 2 frags of them. One with like 10 polyps for $20 and another with 4 for 20.

The Propagator

You guys DO realize that Gary didn't start off that auction at $100 per polyp right ?

The auction has 7 bids on it and started off at $19.99. not $100 a polyp.

All that is is a friend of mine having a good week. NOT ripping people off. If anything its people ripping them selves off by bidding it up that high in the 1st place.

You guys DO realize that Gary didn't start off that auction at $100 per polyp right ?

The auction has 7 bids on it and started off at $19.99. not $100 a polyp.

All that is is a friend of mine having a good week. NOT ripping people off. If anything its people ripping them selves off by bidding it up that high in the 1st place.

What? Who's Gary?

people are probably think they are getting the whole colony, though it is very nice B)

its there fault anyway he does say one polyp, lucky him he's got like a $1500 zoa colony now, LOL

zoa crazes=fail

In Costa Rica, I saw tidepools full of zoas. I mean like thousands of them....just sitting there. And you think I'm going to pay $500 a polyp? I think not.

zoa crazes=fail

In Costa Rica, I saw tidepools full of zoas. I mean like thousands of them....just sitting there. And you think I'm going to pay $500 a polyp? I think not.

Not all Zoas are created equally. If you saw 1000's of PHs then I understand.

If anything its people ripping them selves off by bidding it up that high in the 1st place.

This is true.

Somebody, somewhere, got the ball rolling on the latest craze though. I'm not knocking him, in fact I congratulate him. If people want to get all retarded (which they obviously do!!), so be it.

Not all Zoas are created equally. If you saw 1000's of PHs then I understand.

Well they did come from somewhare, and I'd be willing to bet that there is more where they came from..

Am I the only one that's not really impressed with these things?

This is true.

Somebody, somewhere, got the ball rolling on the latest craze though. I'm not knocking him, in fact I congratulate him. If people want to get all retarded (which they obviously do!!), so be it.

Well they did come from somewhare, and I'd be willing to bet that there is more where they came from..

Am I the only one that's not really impressed with these things?

I'm not saying their worth it. There cool but not that cool. I'm just saying it's hard to compare zoas when there are so many different colors.

Archived