-Assorted Zoas

-Green Ricordia

-Montipora Digitata

-Monti Cap

Current FTS (As of 7/30/09)

7-30-09003.jpg

7-30-09010.jpg

Nice little pico. :)

Just some advice, I would maybe buy a heater that you trust more than just some generic one. You wouldn't want that thing cooking your lil pico.

Really nice setup though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank is looking great. I am close to starting a pico...well maybe not close, but I sure do want too soon :)

How has temperature and evaporation been in your tank? Are you finding that it is getting really hot during the days?

• 7 months later...

I have not posted here for a while and decided that I should post some updated pics of my pico.

Sooooo, here we go...

FTS

gallery_2631686_466_1165730.jpg

Side FTS

gallery_2631686_466_151847.jpg

Diagonal FTS

gallery_2631686_466_787178.jpg

Looks really good, way to make overflow area ninja :ninja:

The only problem with the overflow was that I didn't cut enough slots. By the time I had figured it out, I had already glued the divider in and I felt like an idiot :wacko: . I ended up cutting a couple of the slots out which led to shrimp and whatnot falling into the overflow area. Now I have glued some mesh over the slots so hopefully it will stay.

Just went to Mr. Coral and got nine frags for my pico. It looks pretty sweet. I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.

I went to Mr Coral on Saturday and got some new frags and a BBQ Sandwich (which was pretty good). I got some zoas and a ric. I also got my first stony corals. Hopefully I will be able to keep them alive. I also got a tiny fish that is only about an inch long. He is pretty timid so I have not gotten a picture of him yet. Okay, enough of me babbling... On to the pics!

New FTS

gallery_2631686_466_1403045.jpg

New Greens

gallery_2631686_466_722339.jpg

New Zoa Cluster

gallery_2631686_466_253997.jpg

Another zoa Cluster

gallery_2631686_466_561489.jpg

My first Ric

gallery_2631686_466_694554.jpg

Zoas

gallery_2631686_466_657188.jpg

Monti

gallery_2631686_466_951036.jpg

SPS

gallery_2631686_466_309921.jpg

Oops! Forgot to put up a side FTS! I'll have to put that up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

wow, its looking good... I hate seeing 2.5 AIO's it make me want to start one so bad but i'm not sure where the wifey will let me put it!

wow, its looking good... I hate seeing 2.5 AIO's it make me want to start one so bad but i'm not sure where the wifey will let me put it!

They are so small, you might be able to sneak it somewhere before she notices. :D

THis thread has gotten no love. I like what you're doing with the tank, I to have been considering setting up a 2.5 AIO.

THis thread has gotten no love. I like what you're doing with the tank, I to have been considering setting up a 2.5 AIO.

I know what you mean, nobody likes my thread. :(

If you do set up a tank, make sure you cut enough grooves for the overflow. If you do not the water will not flow properly and it will mess you up.

This tank is gorgeous, capsfan. :D

what is your maintenance schedule? Top offs, water changes, etc.

I have a very tight fitting glass lid with a corner cut off to let out power cords, so I have almost no evaporation with this tank. I think I did a small water change a long time ago, but I have only done one and that was near the beginning. I have had no problems with not doing water changes and as long as that keeps up, I most likely won't do them. I do, however, have to scrape coraline whenever it starts to grow and that is a great pain b/c I cannot fit my whole hand in the tank. I recently purchased a nanomag and that makes cleaning the soft stuff a breeze, but coraline is hard to get off.

Thanks.

For the coraline, you could try to glue a razor blade to the end of a stick, like a chopstick, to make your own mini-scraper.

Also, if you keep at the glass with the mag-float the coraline won't have a chance to grow.

Thanks.

For the coraline, you could try to glue a razor blade to the end of a stick, like a chopstick, to make your own mini-scraper.

Also, if you keep at the glass with the mag-float the coraline won't have a chance to grow.

Thanks for the tip.

nice the tank is getting better and better... i have been showing the wifey all the beautiful picos like yours and she is excited to get another tank now too with sexies...

nice the tank is getting better and better... i have been showing the wifey all the beautiful picos like yours and she is excited to get another tank now too with sexies...

Thanks! :D

I think I want a pom pom pico. All your plans are belong to me.

Retro reference, read 'em and weep.

Pom Pom Crab, eh? That sounds interesting. How big are you thinking of making it?

Archived