inTank Media Baskets

WTB: Mini carpet anemone species Stichodactyla tapetum

mavericks

LOL, this thread is giving me flash back...speaking of which I need to check out Fish Collection 2morrow

Let me know. I called last week and they said nothing new. Let me know via PM so I can get there before Adin. ;)

Let me know. I called last week and they said nothing new. Let me know via PM so I can get there before Adin. ;)

We'll both go hoard them and then charge Adin 3000%. Or just take beautiful pictures to make him jealous. :D

We'll both go hoard them and then charge Adin 3000%. Or just take beautiful pictures to make him jealous. :D

you people are the REASON i hoard mine. my super powers and army of ninjas unfortunately cannot cover every single LFS at every moment. i need (trading) leverage for when the next shipment hits so cal.

you people are the REASON i hoard mine. my super powers and army of ninjas unfortunately cannot cover every single LFS at every moment. i need (trading) leverage for when the next shipment hits so cal.

Adin, you know we're all good, right? ;) Right after I get mine..... :D

Adin, you know we're all good, right? ;) Right after I get mine..... :D

scott... you are an anemone ninja in training. fish collection is your final training mission!

scott... you are an anemone ninja in training. fish collection is your final training mission!

Come on adin, let's get you past 10,000.

OMG. I read that these things are easy to propagate and so how come i dont see them online or at any LFS? There is obviously demand for these.

OMG. I read that these things are easy to propagate and so how come i dont see them online or at any LFS? There is obviously demand for these.

Hording. ;)

No, really.

I was lucky and was watching the classifieds when MCD got some and put them up for sale. There's a LFS by me that is supposed to be getting a large shipment. But, the owner has been telling me that for a month or two.

Hording. ;)

No, really.

He's right :)

It comes down to a few things:

1. propagation is fairly easy, but the time between cutting and healing enough to sell is long, which creates a low supply at any time.

2. hoarding. those who have them, want more. the easiest way to get more is to trade the ones you have for the ones someone else has. Once you get a few, it's fairly easy to trade for new varieties. It's just finding those first nems that becomes difficult.

3. hoarding. those who are frequently propagating them keep the ones they have for further propagation. while it's bad for the person looking for them currently, in a few years, they'll be more common because the propagators kept them and continued to propagate them. If I sent out mine to everyone who wanted one, only a couple of the minis would ever be propagated. By keeping them, I'm able to make more and more that eventually get shipped to someone else when I run out of room for them, or need a Vortech ;)

These are mainly related to the maxi variety, but the same (except #1) can be said for mini tapetum.

Well I'll look harder then. And buy all I can...when I find them..lol. They're like pre-release xbox360s.

Good luck :) If, when you find some: CUT THEM!

Then send me a PM when you have some for trade :)

Good luck :) If, when you find some: CUT THEM!

Then send me a PM when you have some for trade :)

I have a ton of them, probably 10-15 but how do you get them off the rocks. What is the easiest way?

Archived