Coral Vue Hydros

WTB: Mini carpet anemone species Stichodactyla tapetum

mavericks

I have a ton of them, probably 10-15 but how do you get them off the rocks. What is the easiest way?

point a powerhead at them, move the rock and catch them when they start to move, use your thumb to lightly get under them, smash the rocks to bits, or hit the rock with a hammer (not breaking the rock) repeatedly until they get ticked off and come off.

There's no "easy" way to get them...it's all quite frustrating. This is why the mini's I'm fragging are in tupperware containers with only sand.

How would you tell the difference from this and say a rhodactis?

If you see one in person, it really doesn't look the same. S. tapetum has neat rows of tentacles from the outside to the mouth, and a ring of tentacles around the outside of the oral disk. They have very rounded tentacles on the oral disk, and pointed tentacles on the outer edge row.

But the easiest way is to stick your finger on them. Rhodactis is slimey, tapetum tries to eat you.

Dang! One of mine is missing. It either up and moved to a location I have not found yet, or this explains why adin is "on a break".

Dang! One of mine is missing. It either up and moved to a location I have not found yet, or this explains why adin is "on a break".

In other words, I should lock the doors and windows, get out the shotgun and look for :ninja:

Actually - I cleaned my tank for the first time in a few weeks and found a new one today :)

I have a ton of them, probably 10-15 but how do you get them off the rocks. What is the easiest way?

How much $$ for the rock?

How much $$ for the rock?

:huh:

wowee...serious about this, aren't ya? And I thought I was the only one THAT obsessed (at least out of those of us who are currently NOT taking a break...)

Anyhoo - this IS a mini thread, and no mini thread is complete without multiple gratuitous shots of minis. I'll pick up where latazyo left off...

2 of my mini tapetums:

mini.jpg

blast.gif

where!?

Roozen's has gotten them a couple of times as adhesive anemones. They're not smart enough to know the difference. They don't get adhesives in very often though, and much much less often are they minis.

I hate you guys.... <_<

why.gif

rofl. You guys are gonna drive up the prices on these suckers!

Crap, I've been selling them for the same price they were originally sold for. You can thank MCD for doubling the price on that last sale. Amazing how quick people jumped on them too :blink:

These are the new zoa's.

no...much better than zoas. These things can eat fish...what cool crap can zoas do?

So I have a quick question, will these do well under 72W of PC?? Assuming I can actually find some.

Thanks

Mine seem to be doing fine in my Aquapod 24 with PC lighting.

So I have a quick question, will these do well under 72W of PC?? Assuming I can actually find some.

Thanks

Adin was keeping them in basically no lighting for a while I think. Feed them more with less light, and they'll be fine. might change color a bit.

good luck ;)

my 15 was without light (over ambient) for a good 6 months. during that time i fed HEAVILY and the anemones grew fine.

colors actually intensify under lower light with some morphs.

Archived