Cultivated Reef

Question about trading

ReefininNY

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought general would be best....

Sometime back I made a deal with another forum member. He insisted I send the stuff first because I lacked any reputation. So I reluctantly sent him a nib MH bulb and a powerhead. After I sent out the stuff we came to the conclusion that we miscommunicated and he wanted a different powerhead. We revamped our deal so he would send me the original powerhead back + some bonus coral with the corals he was originally supposed to send me. I stupidly sent the new powerhead out! I sent my packages insured at his request, sp he would have a tracking # and I asked for him to do the same. After he got the stuff he said he was going to wait until the beginning of the next week so the stuff had ample time to get here before the weekend (seemed logical since there was going to be live coral). After a bit of back and forth he finally says he sent the package out, I asked for the tracking #...... nothing.... A week passes with a few Emails of him assuring me he sent the package out. He finally says it must have gotten lost in the post and he didn't insure it. He then assures me he will make it up by sending the new pump + extra corals out!! Well I was like WooHooo I'm going to get xtra coral!! Well that was a week ago.... No package ever arrived! And now he’s not responding to my messages, and he hasn't logged on here in a week! This whole thing really has me bummed, I'm out a bulb and 2 powerheads with nothing to show. Is there any hope? I don't want to post in the feedback section if this whole thing is really just a run of extreme bad luck! I was really looking forward to this as I’m broke and thought this would be a cool way to get a few frags. Anyone have some advice? Thanks :(

was he in nigeria and the son of a recently deciesed royal prince? I know that guy and he owes me money.. lots of money..

what kind of frags did you want? iff the guy ends up screwing you I may give you a few.. if I have what you want... I am fealing good as after last weeks tank crash, a few things made it, some are doing real well

drop the name.

whats with everyone getting ripped off lately?

Oh joy, oh joy, it's the holidays. People always start pulling more stupid stuff about this time of year when they know money will be tight. It sounds pessimistic, I know, but believe me I work for a bank and every year we have a sudden increase of fraud/robbery/counterfeit issues as we approach Thanksgiving until New Years is over. It's kind of a symptom of how messed up and stressful the holidays have gotten. :angry:

Maybe this Nigerian prince has just been too busy trying to figure out how to cash a random check he recieved from a canadian lottery that he won...

LOL Who was he?

The sad thing is I checked the feedback forum for him and he had good feedback. Come to think of it I think his name was NaBonjo from the royal Nigerian family!! He said all I had do is put check in one saving bank and me get 75 percents of a checks!

No but for real, I was supposed to get a Yuma Ricordia and Zoas of some sort. I didn't really care what it was I just wanted to get a few frags out of the deal.

I really don't want to start anything with the guy.... He said that he had also shipped out a few other things the same day as my stuff. Has anyone had any good or bad dealings with Vertigo? This whole thing has just really left me extremely untrusting, this is for sure the last time I EVER ship first!

well, i can chip you off a green yuma and some zoas, you will have to cover shipping and I am on the left coast... also, anyone near anaheim want to donate me a heater.. I don't ship much but I am sure this will need one what size tank you got? I will toss in a green finger frag

LOL

I hate to say it but I bet Vertigo has a good explanation--somethinh probably came up.

He gave me that "vibe" as some have---but he's been around enough and persistent about how great he is to deal with--so I am sure he wouldn't knowingly set himself up for more hassles.

Congrats on being his sponsor Weetie!!

I hope he's ok--and if he is we should beat the hell out of him verbally. :)

I hope he's ok--and if he is we should beat the hell out of him verbally. :)

Believe me, I'm tempted!!!

VERY tempted!!!

That being said, I happen to know that his wife is having a baby any day and he has been working VERY hard on an addition to their home to prepare for this. That's probably why he hasn't been on since 11/22.

well, i can chip you off a green yuma and some zoas, you will have to cover shipping and I am on the left coast... also, anyone near anaheim want to donate me a heater.. I don't ship much but I am sure this will need one what size tank you got? I will toss in a green finger frag

Wow!! Thats a heck of an offer!! Any idea how much shipping would cost for something like that? I'm actually piss broke right now (darned holidays!!) but if I can swing it and this dude doesn't pull through as least I can get something out of this mess! I have a 2.5g, a 12 AquaPod and a 75g Semi Reef.

I like to give people the bennifit of the doubt, which really has bitten me in the a** a few times! The kick in the face about this is that I told him I had been screwed before and didn't want to ship first!! He said since I don't have a rep here I would need to ship first. Look what good that did me! I can understand if something came up, but why tell me that he shipped it out?

well, figure 2# 12x12x12 box, you need to send it overnight from 92807.. I should have a heater.. does anyone in anaheime want to contribute one?

I am guessing the freight to be under $30, I just sent a pistol to colt overnight in CT it was 3# and IIRC $27.00

Filefish949,

I'll have to think about it and talk to my wife, like I said money is scarce right now so who knows... Plus she's already irritated over this whole thing ro begin with, can't say how many times I heard "why did you send him more??". Anywho, the offer is very nice of you! It makes me feel a little better about the people here!

I am doing some investigating into this right now.

Please, no one else do any transactions with Vertigo until this is straightened out.

I have good reason for saying this.

If anyone else is currently having the same kinds of problems with him, please PM me.

Filefish949,

I'll have to think about it and talk to my wife, like I said money is scarce right now so who knows... Plus she's already irritated over this whole thing ro begin with, can't say how many times I heard "why did you send him more??". Anywho, the offer is very nice of you! It makes me feel a little better about the people here!

Rule #1--SPOUSE IS ON A "NEED TO KNOW" BASIS!!!

(No need for this to be thrown up at you in an arguement sometime when the kids are in college...."Remember that time you sent that stupid ass, half wit Vertigo two powerheads and got stiffed? I'm pickin' the retirement condo.")

yo filefish i have a hang on one i think its like 100w or something like that...

thanks reefur, i meant to say a heat pack for shipping.. it is freaking cold in ny

Archived