Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New 5.5g AGA

imlocke

Looks good, nice little fuge area.

Hopefully by the time it cycles I can prop some of the rics i got today out of my biocube :)

rics1.JPG

I also think I would like 3 sexy shrimp, and a yellow clown goby.

You could do all sexy shrimp and yellow clown goby. I have sexy shrimp in my 2.5 and a yellow clown goby in my 4gal.

So you don't think 3 sexy shrimp and a yellow clown goby would be too much for the tank? :)

I was unsure, I've never seen how big sexy shrimp actually get to know whether or not 3 would make much difference compared to one in there.

thats up to you. They only get 1" big and the do better in a trio. My clown goby is only a 3/4" big. So I think you will be fine with all.

Yea, I thought so too. :)

I can't wait to get it set up. Gotta wait the 48 hours for it to set, then try and find some LR from a reefer around here. :)

Heres some more pictures of my tank where I'm going to leave it setup with the light on top.

IMAGE_070.jpg

IMAGE_072.jpg

IMAGE_073.jpg

IMAGE_074.jpg

Getting my rock on thursday, so I'll be adding the sand and water thursday too obviously. :)

i wonder why dont you use black or blue acrylic ?? i know its little hard to find but its far better~~

I got the plexiglass for free, so that was an easy choice.. :P I'm going to cover off the refugium with some black material, I'm not sure what yet...So it shouldn't really make too much difference. :)

Also Yea, I was leaning pretty hard on the little table with my body weight and it was doing just fine, it's actually surprisingly sturdy. Thanks for the concern though. :)

Looks excellent. I like the modifications you made over my design, specifically the extra structural support for the center divider by giving it feet and the nice top with slots for wires - should cut down on evaporation big time.

I've covered the front view of the refugium with a piece of plexiglass painted black and attached with small pieces of black electrical tape at the top & bottom. Had to spray paint it on sides in order to eliminate light shining through.

Keep us posted with more pics, I'll update my thread too with new pics in the next few days.

For those interested here is my original thread with pics of mine:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132714

Put a center support for good measure?

If I notice the board sinking at all, which I'm fairly sure it won't it's a very sturdy piece of wood, I'll be sure to slide something under the center, don't worry ;)

If I notice the board sinking at all, which I'm fairly sure it won't it's a very sturdy piece of wood, I'll be sure to slide something under the center, don't worry ;)

Well the water and rock is in the tank, and theres not even a small amount of bowing in the stand. :happy:

I will take some pictures, unfortunately they'll be low quality, also...should i have put sand in the fuge also? i dont think so im just not sure

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a nassarius snail and a blue legged hermit in the tank, as well as a two headed hammer, but the hammer doesn't seem to open very much and I'm unsure why...hammer.jpg the tips are a bit thicker than they were yesterday, but there is another head on the other side that barely puffs up at all, though I think it did a little more today than before..so I'm hoping it starts doing better. I've tried it in a few tanks, but it hasn't seemed to be liking any..Any ideas?

I have a ric I'm thinking of adding to the tank, but I"m not really sure how to get it to attach to the little shelf in the front right of the tank, any help?

Ok well it seems there might be too much flow in thee tank to keep ricordeas in it, so I put the ricordea back in my biocube and switched them with my tubs blues which are looking amazing under the lighting i have on the pico.

post-30366-1194563553_thumb.jpg

Archived