Coral Vue Hydros

new Current-USA all-in-one

calvin

I emerge from the murky depths of the makeshift lounge to make an actual reefing post! :scarry:

I've been looking at downsizing to a nano again after we move in a couple of weeks. Those of us who did beta testing for Current-USA a couple of years ago know Ike who works there. When he sent us our subcurrent surface skimmers recently, he mentioned they'd have some new stuff coming out, so I asked him what they have brewing. He sent me these pics, so I thought I'd pass them along.

It's a rimless/frameless 20" cube with a black false wall, built-in skimmer, ATO, and glass top. I think the black stand with it looks very nice also. You can get it with a "2C compact fluorescent lamp" pictured below (I know nothing about 2C, so please don't ask me :P ), or a new MH pendant, not pictured.

swfish-20071010-150703.jpg

fwfish-20071010-150931.jpg

standblackangle-20071010-151019.jpg

tankback-20071010-151057.jpg

I'm not one who generally likes all-in-ones, but I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these.

supreme_spork
I'm calling the Tang police...lol

why do companies always show tangs in their promotional photos??? you really can't blame people for buying tiny tanks and throwing tangs in them when there are pictures of the same fish *right on the box*!

I've received my tank, and it is a beauty. Although my bulb was broken in three different places, and my glass top was chipped in a few spots (the aquarium store in which I purchased is obtaining a new ones for me). I absolutely love this tank. I picked it up on Saturday. Leak tested & cleaned Sunday morning due to it taking forever to put the stand together. Tank was good and Sunday night added Black sand and salt water to the tank. Monday night I added three peices of Live Rock from my boyfriends sump (he has a 265g tank). I can't wait to be able to turn the lights on and will add pics once it is in and am done cycling the water completely.

These were initial test pictures to add to our forum.

My Solana 34 Gal Rimless Tank

The only thing I can see that needed a little more detail was the light fixture. Yes it's wonderful you have a Metal Halide, but you are not able to have Moon lights. We are currently trying to figure out how we are going to Mod the light fixture so that I can have moon lights on my tank. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Cristina_j

I saw a picture yesterday of a Red Sea Max at a trade show or something of that sorts. They a really nice set up, filled with corals yet TWO yellow tangs !!!! This was no picture, it was all alive.

The graphical deptartment doesn't know better, they see a tang as a recgonizble saltwater fish.....

I'm sure your going to throw 6 discus in there too...... !

TangPolice.jpg

I've received my tank, and it is a beauty. Although my bulb was broken in three different places, and my glass top was chipped in a few spots (the aquarium store in which I purchased is obtaining a new ones for me). I absolutely love this tank. I picked it up on Saturday. Leak tested & cleaned Sunday morning due to it taking forever to put the stand together. Tank was good and Sunday night added Black sand and salt water to the tank. Monday night I added three peices of Live Rock from my boyfriends sump (he has a 265g tank). I can't wait to be able to turn the lights on and will add pics once it is in and am done cycling the water completely.

These were initial test pictures to add to our forum.

My Solana 34 Gal Rimless Tank

The only thing I can see that needed a little more detail was the light fixture. Yes it's wonderful you have a Metal Halide, but you are not able to have Moon lights. We are currently trying to figure out how we are going to Mod the light fixture so that I can have moon lights on my tank. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Cristina_j

Awsome. Can you tell us how much you paid for your whole setup please?

Awsome. Can you tell us how much you paid for your whole setup please?

I paid less than $800 after taxes. I was given a deal by the shop owner as my boyfriend has bought alot and brought alot of business to his store. He was going to list for $850 if he had to set up. But I bought it the day he received the tank and took home still in boxes. Hadn't see the tank other than this thread and checking out nanotuners.com. This tank was extremely easy to set up (other than the stand being a pain in the butt). My boyfriend knows how to do it all since he has the monster tank of house. He made me do this on my own and it is my very first tank. The only thing I got to cheat on was he did a water change on his tank and gave me the water so cycle time won't be as long.

Stevie, don't look at this link if you are concerned about Tangs. This is my boyfriends 265 gal. We have over 20 tangs in this tank, with there being more than 50 fish total and at least 20 inverts.

The Tanginator

Cristina_j

Stevie, don't look at this link if you are concerned about Tangs. This is my boyfriends 265 gal. We have over 20 tangs in this tank, with there being more than 50 fish total and at least 20 inverts.

The Tanginator

Cristina_j

WOW, amazing tank !!! Personally do I care about a tang in a small tank, no. It just the fun joke that goes around and I play into it with my cool picutre that I wasted company time on making. Your tank seems big enough for at least a half tang.

WOW, amazing tank !!! Personally do I care about a tang in a small tank, no. It just the fun joke that goes around and I play into it with my cool picutre that I wasted company time on making. Your tank seems big enough for at least a half tang.

No tangs will be going into this tank, thats what the tanginator is for. I will be housing Mostly SPS and LPS. Some of our more expensive/rare corals will be added, with maybe one or two black Clowns and possibly a couple other fish.

The hole is so his ex-girlfriend could feed the fish when he was out of the country for a few weeks, the canopy is actually on a wench with power controls for when we do our midnight tank remodels, but he was scared she would drop the canopy on top of the tank and water will go everywhere, ..we're going to be adding a door to the canopy to cover the hole. My boyfriend built this canopy and skin to the stand himself. if you were to search the gallery on that site under Wiszmaster you can watch the build. Also in the forums is details of his build.

supreme_spork

where can i get my own tank wench???? :D

srsly, i think your boyfriend needs to build me a custom stand. the tang police demand it as community service. :happydance:

DESERTHEATRACING
where can i get my own tank wench???? :D

srsly, i think your boyfriend needs to build me a custom stand. the tang police demand it as community service. :happydance:

Think I would like the look of a sunpod over that tank better. Very clean setup! Would look stellar in a living room!

supreme_spork
Think I would like the look of a sunpod over that tank better. Very clean setup! Would look stellar in a living room!

but a sunpod means no tank wench. :tears:

This tank does look nice in our formal living room. We've got the Tanginator in front of the sitting area as the focal in the room, and on a small wall between hallways we've placed the Solana. I think i can say we both love his tank, and mine. Mine is a sleek modern design....very contemporary...his is big, bulky but truly amazing to sit and watch. I can't wait until I can add stuff to the tank.

I believe the wench is one that you would use on a car. It is mounted in the garage over the sump in the room he built to house all the equipment. You definately need the wench though to lift the canopy if you were a girl or shorter than 6'3"...I have problems lifting and holding open.

I always love it when people drill a nice big hole in the front of their $400-600 dollar canopy. It looks soooo classy.

Thats for future speaker installation...his fishees like Hard Rock... B)

hehehe

Izzue

• 4 weeks later...

Archived