Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Fission skimmer BC29 in chamber 1

JCBioCube29

I have the Biocube 29, I currently have the Nano fission skimmer in chamber 3 (kind of working) but i get to many bubbles. Does any one know if it fits in chamber 1 of the BC29. I would like to know before i make all the changes.

I have the Biocube 29, I currently have the Nano fission skimmer in chamber 3 (kind of working) but i get to many bubbles. Does any one know if it fits in chamber 1 of the BC29. I would like to know before i make all the changes.

I really haven't heard of anyone having any luck with that skimmer. Good luck though.

I have read all the bad things about it, i got it free so I will give it a try (hopefully in chamber one. but chances are I will scrap it. Thanks

I got it to fit in chmber 1 of my BC29 and I even got it to fizz and i have NO NO bubbles in my tank. I do not have anything in my tank (no bio load = no skim) will try to post pictures. Later today i will post a new topic with pics of my set up.

IMG_0851.jpg

I will keep you up to date. It was very difficult to get it into chamber one. Use one of the elbows provided. I am currently using one 1/2 bubble reducer pad in the skimmer so far it looks good and I have the pump set to max. I hope this helps

Where did you have the skimmer before? Can you just have it hang on the side of the BC29?

hang it on the side?? that thing is about the size of a soda can......cant see how it could be effective....

im sure the maker tested it to make sure the product worked....but theyd sell turds straight from the arse if they could find a buyer.....

its cheaper to just do more water changes....or get the tunze nano skimmer

hang it on the side?? that thing is about the size of a soda can......cant see how it could be effective....

im sure the maker tested it to make sure the product worked....but theyd sell turds straight from the arse if they could find a buyer.....

its cheaper to just do more water changes....or get the tunze nano skimmer

It looks much bigger than it actually is in the pictures. It's 10 x 4 x 4 in size, isn't it? If that's the case, the skimmer would take up some good volume in the tank.

I used to have it in chamber 3 ( too amny bubbles) (also the water level is not constant in this chamber you neeed the water level to be very constant in order for this skimmer to work). and yes you can put it directly in the tank.

How good is this skimmer according to all the reviews i read it is not that good. I will be concentrating on water changes more that on an expensive skimmer. I rather have something that works ok than not having anything at all. Once i gett my Live rock hopefully in about two weeks i will see if this little thing can really work or not.

I used to have it in chamber 3 ( too amny bubbles) (also the water level is not constant in this chamber you neeed the water level to be very constant in order for this skimmer to work). and yes you can put it directly in the tank.

How good is this skimmer according to all the reviews i read it is not that good. I will be concentrating on water changes more that on an expensive skimmer. I rather have something that works ok than not having anything at all. Once i gett my Live rock hopefully in about two weeks i will see if this little thing can really work or not.

Does the stock BC29 still close with the Skimmer installed? Doesn't the collection cup have to be over the line of water?

i try not to buy anything i havent really looked at, and ive held the fission in my hand....its puney......a waste of 30 bucks....when all you have to do is more water changes....

there shouldnt be any reason why you cant get it to fit in the bc29.....

a pvc tube, a limewood airstone and a tupperware cup will skim too, :lol:

fuges can work wonders too.....i got a 5 gal tank that has only sponge filters in it....and a butt load of cheato and caulurpa and i dont change the water in it very often.....why?? b/c i want it dirty to grow pods, but the darn thing stays crystal clear!

how dark is your skimmate?

Does the stock BC29 still close with the Skimmer installed? Doesn't the collection cup have to be over the line of water?

Yes the stock bc29 cover will close perfectly. the water level of the skimmer (height) is as per the instruction see picture

My tank has no bio load just water i added about 5 days ago. and yesturday was the first day i connected the skimmer.

IMG_0871.jpg

Yes the stock bc29 cover will close perfectly. the water level of the skimmer (height) is as per the instruction see picture

My tank has no bio load just water i added about 5 days ago. and yesturday was the first day i connected the skimmer.

IMG_0871.jpg

Awesome, thanks! I will get this for my BC29. I've heard bad reviews, but also many moderate reviews saying the skimmer gets the job done. I will not use the skimmer as a water replacement, but I want to have it there. Is it loud at all? Can you hear it above the stock fans? What about when the fans are off?

i wanna see a skimmate shot soon as you collect enough!.....

i still say its too small.....you need one like this...

INDPROT.JPG

Those are sick skimmers........

It is not loud with the fans on you hear the fans with fans off i really do not hear the skimmer at all. I will post pictures if I get any Skim..........

Look at this post it has pics of my set up

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1254468

I went ahead and ordered the skimmer today along with a coralife timers for my BC29. I read some site reviews on the skimmer that tell you how to set up the skimmer so it works more effeciently.

Can you post the sites where it explains how to set the skimer up to make it more efficient? I just got it and want to set it up in chamber #1... going to eliminate the stock filter in that chamber...

Did you guys have to remove the mid section floor in chamber #1 for it to fit? Let's do it !!

Can you post the sites where it explains how to set the skimer up to make it more efficient? I just got it and want to set it up in chamber #1... going to eliminate the stock filter in that chamber...

Did you guys have to remove the mid section floor in chamber #1 for it to fit? Let's do it !!

I did not remove the the mid section in chamber one. Go to the link below for tips on how to set the skimmer

(water line) http://www.current-usa.com/files/Fission%2...l%20Aquapod.pdf.

Please note It will be a bit hard to get it in use only one elbow. I will take a piture and post

Pictures on how i installed it. Mote you will not need the suction cups on the acutal skimmer. I hope this helps you. remeber you will have to play with the hight of the skimmer. Like all reviews said it is very sensative to water heght.

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpgIMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Nice bubbles and fizz.... what pump are you using? I have a MJ606 that I could you for it, variable from 80 to 150gph... will it work? i will have three pumps in the tank once I set this up and not sure if my tank can handle the heat, as it's currently running at 81 with an ICA chiller already running.

Nice job !!

Nice bubbles and fizz.... what pump are you using? I have a MJ606 that I could you for it, variable from 80 to 150gph... will it work? i will have three pumps in the tank once I set this up and not sure if my tank can handle the heat, as it's currently running at 81 with an ICA chiller already running.

Nice job !!

I am using the pump that came with the skimmer . we all hate the heat in tanks

New pic of skimmer. I still have no Bio Load in the tank

IMG_0895.jpg

Looks good, can't get to wait mine. I'm thinking of trying mine inside the tank since it's so small, but if I can get it to fit in chamber 1 with my return nozzle for my chiller, I will go that route.

Archived