Cultivated Reef

Nano-Paul

supernip

I recently bought some low iron glass from nanopaul so I could make a couple of tanks. Low iron glass is hard to come by and pretty much extremely expensive from the common vendors. However, Nano-Paul gave me a stellar deal, so great I can't even mention it.

He was also extremely patience with me and extremely generous. He packed the glass so obscenely the FedEx guy complained about how heavy it was. Everything came in perfectly. I don't understand why not everyone on nano-reef has a low iron glass tank from nano-paul. His prices allows you to make a superior custom tank for not much more than what most companies are charging.

This is definitely the best deal I've ever gotten. And trust me, I've been waiting a long time for a low iron tank.

Here are some pictures to show his level of service, I will post pictures of my tank build in another thread.

50lb package:

2el4ch1.jpg

packaging that would withstand a car crash, or implies paranoid tendencies:

2ldhqmb.jpg

The glass pieces were wrapped like individual presents, I didn't even want to open them. Christmas came way early for me this year:

43zskk1.jpg

48oninq.jpg

Glass comparison. Note the flat polish (edge finish), it totally makes the tank:

2j0xqvl.jpg

Notice the green tint from the bottom pane, on his airness. It's much more apparent in person:

2ro6dyv.jpg

Every pieces of glass was perfect. I will post pictures of the tank build in the upcoming days. Nano-Paul comes with my full recommendation. You should all join Nip's supercool low iron custom tank club.

Thanks nip! If all my customers were like you I would never be stressed! Your a standup guy and thanks for WONDERFUL review!! :)

I'm curius, supernip. What are the benefits of this type of glass over regular glass that say AGA uses? Is there a difference when viewing through this type of glass? - like the difference between acrylic and "regular" glass? Is this the same as starfire glass?

Starfire is just a branded low iron content glass. Low iron glass is clearer w/o that greenish tint. Most people don't notice on the thin glass used on nano tanks. It's great if you're a want the best nano or have monster tank using inch thick glass.

I'm curius, supernip. What are the benefits of this type of glass over regular glass that say AGA uses? Is there a difference when viewing through this type of glass? - like the difference between acrylic and "regular" glass? Is this the same as starfire glass?

Starfire and low iron are the same thing. Starfire is just a brand name. Looking through low iron vs. reqular glass is like night and day. Low iron give true representation of colors. With regular glass you get a green tint.

I kind of concur with psidriven. But for me personally, there is a visible difference. I love looking at my technical equipment so I can tell. I haven't stocked the tank yet but the difference is about maybe 20%, about the same as a fresh acrylic tank.

The reason why Im so eager to recommend it to the masses is because it is a hell of a deal. The price increase from regular float glass to low iron is usually astronomical but in my case it was very managable.

I got 2 tanks, with finished edges, thick glass, and shipping for much less than I would have paid for one tank, sans shipping, from a retail tank maker. Much much less.

I was also able to make the tank specifically how I wanted it, so I made sure I got all the silicon work just right. At first I doubted the difference a rimless, low iron tank would make to a reef hobbyist (especially a broke college student like myself) but after seeing the finished product, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I will post pictures of one of the tanks tomorrow. I just finished the leak tests :D

Think of low iron glass as the best of both worlds between normal glass and acrylic. It gives the the clarity of acrylic, but the scratch resistance of glass.

Think of low iron glass as the best of both worlds between normal glass and acrylic. It gives the the clarity of acrylic, but the scratch resistance of glass.

I hear ya and now I want to see a tank made out of this glass in person. I hated my truvu acrylic 10 gallon I bought for $90 and promptly replaced it with a $10 AGA. This glass sounds ideal. I will be on the lookout for those pics nip.

I like his packing style! B)

I make sure nothing will happen to it. I might be a little OCD with that packaging, but it works!! :lol:

Archived