Coral Vue Hydros

Happy 15th Birthday Nano-Reef.com!

Christopher Marks

Thank you Chris for 15 years of dedication and for being above the rest with a very well designed and thought out custom forum.

You helped create the foundation for StevieWorld.

Birthday! Happy!

Happy birthday! This forum and community had a great impact on my life in the past few years. No other forums out there come close. This reminded me to check on my premium membership status.

Edit: Renewed premium membership. Now I will be reminded every year on NR birthday to renew.

Hammerstone

Thank you for this site and happy birthday NR!!! There are so many nice people here and I am so lucky I bumped into this wonderful place.

Once again thank you, I appreciate all that NR has to offer!!!

Sincerely,

Mindi Hammerstone❤️??

AZDesertRat

15 years is quite a feat. Congratulations!

I have a request for the 15th Birthday Celebration, why not bring back the member numbers? Some of us have been around 13 or 14 of those 15 years and have low member numbers. I think there is a certain "cool" factor is seeing who has been around and active for all those years.

15 years is quite a feat. Congratulations!

I have a request for the 15th Birthday Celebration, why not bring back the member numbers? Some of us have been around 13 or 14 of those 15 years and have low member numbers. I think there is a certain "cool" factor is seeing who has been around and active for all those years.

Yeah, I'm kinda curious what my number is...

Christopher Marks

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I'm kinda curious what my number is...

Yours is 2409, it's in the URL of your user profile page. The forum used to display it in posts beneath avatars back in the day. The first year or so of users are all out of order though, they became alphabetical during a forum software migration back in 2002 or 2003-ish if I recall. That's why I'm 192 instead of 1 :)

Marc.The.Shark

Happy Birthday N.R. & Chris! Thanks for all the years! This forum has definately been an inspiration & innovator in the hobby. I can remember when I found this place back in ~2004 (lurked & didn't join till 2005) and set up my first 8 gal tank. Everyone on the "other" forums at the time were blasting Nano tanks, saying they weren't sustainable, very susceptible to parameter swings and would crash. Well, I set up my tank anyway with advise from the good people here & had it running without a "crash" for 6 years! Just LR, internal filter, heater & WC's! The naysayers came around tho, and then they looked here again when the LED revolution came about, this forum(and Evil) again paved the way for that innovation when everyone else said it was a bad idea & couldn't work! Look what that's become!! Proud to be here & can't wait for the next big impact/s we bring to the sport! Throwback pic of my 8 gal picture frame tank from ~ 2005. Thanks again....

Jan2006001.jpg

Good work Chris !! I am new here just about a yr plus and this community has been very helpful all along. Thank you !!

And Happy b'bay Nano-reef !!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Chris,

I owe you a special thanks, because as my dreams were falling between the cracks in 2015 you gave me hope and promise by believing in me and reigniting my ignition, for that alone I am grateful!

Mike Guerrero

• 2 weeks later...

Happy belated birthday Nano Reef! I have spent countless hours searching and soaking in information from this site's forums in particular. I decided on my build mostly due to similar set ups on this site, etc. I have learned a wealth of information. I'm a newbie, but thank you so much for providing such an amazing community that really seems to support one another in every way they can. I hope to become a solid part of it that others can learn from as well!

• 4 weeks later...
blizzardscout2

I want to thank you Chris, this forum has been such a wealth of knowledge over the years. It gave me the courage to jump into a nano reef of my own and I don't think I could ever live without one now. Here's to 15 more!

Archived