Pod Your Reef

AquaMaxx NemoLight LED Fixture?

Tanker99

I've been using a NemoLight since last year and I love mine!

What setting are you using and how do you set the light. Setting the timer mode is very confusing.

Thanks for the time,

Michael

I have mine set at 80% blue and 30% white.

I had my hubby set it up, i am not certain on the settings. I know ehen the power goes out and goes back on, it turns on automatically but retains your settings.

• 1 month later...

Looks amazing...would you be able to share your timer/intensity settings used on this setup?

I have the 24" AquaMaxx NemoLight over a 38 Gallon Innovative Marine NUVO aquarium.

I started the tank in August 2015 and added the NemoLight September-ish.

Aside from a handful of mushrooms, the rest of the corals came to me as frags from coworkers.

nemolight%20jeff.jpg

NemoLight%20Jeff%202.jpg

Here are some growth shots:

NemoLight%20Jeff%203.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%204.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%208.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%205.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%206.jpg

nemolight%20jeff%209.jpg

Looks amazing...would you be able to share your timer/intensity settings used on this setup?

Hi Jayfacc,

1 hour of just blue in the morning, 8 hours of white and blue (70% white, 100% blue) in the daytime, and 1 hour of blue in the evening. Then moonlights for 12 hours.

I added a second Nemolight less than 30 days ago so I could get complete coverage from front-to-back, not just side-to-side. So far I've been running the second fixture 50% white 100% blue with the same 1 hour dawn, 1 hour dusk setting as the first fixture.

Although not the best photo, here is a more recent look at the tank just so you can see the growth:

tank-shot.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jayfacc,

1 hour of just blue in the morning, 8 hours of white and blue (70% white, 100% blue) in the daytime, and 1 hour of blue in the evening. Then moonlights for 12 hours.

I added a second Nemolight less than 30 days ago so I could get complete coverage from front-to-back, not just side-to-side. So far I've been running the second fixture 50% white 100% blue with the same 1 hour dawn, 1 hour dusk setting as the first fixture.

Hi Marine Depot,

Great growth! Did you mean 1 hour just blue morning/evening, 10 hours of (70% white, 100% blue), and 12 hours moonlights?

Also, did you happen to get any PAR readings?

From your experience with this light, do you think it will support a BTA? I just placed the 54w model over the IM Fusion 30l and looks amazing, but not sure the actual PAR it's putting out. Unfortunately I do not have a meter to test it myself.

• Like 1

Hi Marine Depot,

Great growth! Did you mean 1 hour just blue morning/evening, 10 hours of (70% white, 100% blue), and 12 hours moonlights?

From your experience with this light, do you think it will support a BTA? I just placed the 54w model over the IM Fusion 30l and looks amazing, but not sure the actual PAR it's putting out. Unfortunately I do not have a meter to test it myself.

Hi Jayfacc,
Did you mean 1 hour just blue morning/evening, 10 hours of (70% white, 100% blue), and 12 hours moonlights?
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
No, I have not taken any PAR measurements under these lights.
From your experience with this light, do you think it will support a BTA?
I cannot speak from experience as I have not kept a BTA under a NemoLight. My only experience caring for an anemone was a Pink-Tip Condy under metal halide lighting and that was many years ago. Robert (from our videos) feels you could in a shallow tank, say, 15" in depth or less with the BTA within 12" of the light.
Hope that helps! Feel free to reply if you have more questions.
Happy holidays,
Jeff @ Marine Depot

Hi Jayfacc,
Did you mean 1 hour just blue morning/evening, 10 hours of (70% white, 100% blue), and 12 hours moonlights?
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
No, I have not taken any PAR measurements under these lights.
From your experience with this light, do you think it will support a BTA?
I cannot speak from experience as I have not kept a BTA under a NemoLight. My only experience caring for an anemone was a Pink-Tip Condy under metal halide lighting and that was many years ago. Robert (from our videos) feels you could in a shallow tank, say, 15" in depth or less with the BTA within 12" of the light.
Hope that helps! Feel free to reply if you have more questions.
Happy holidays,
Jeff @ Marine Depot

Thanks Jeff!

The IM Fusion 30l is only 13" high so I decided to pull the trigger. Flame BTA looks great under the NemoLight!

post-82299-0-77712600-1482331602_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff!

The IM Fusion 30l is only 13" high so I decided to pull the trigger. Flame BTA looks great under the NemoLight!

Awesome! Programming the lights is deceptively easy and the instructions are pretty solid but if you have questions, of course just give me a holler. I'll be lurking around here somewhere... ;)

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Hi Jayfacc,

Although not the best photo, here is a more recent look at the tank just so you can see the growth:

tank-shot.jpg

Thank you for posting light settings with this light. I'm a new reefer and its been a guessing game to know how high or low I need to place the lights. This at least gives me a goal to slowly work towards.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting light settings with this light. I'm a new reefer and its been a guessing game to know how high or low I need to place the lights. This at least gives me a goal to slowly work towards.

My pleasure! I'd only used metal halide for reef aquarium lighting prior to this, so I am happy to share what's been working for me. I previously kept a freshwater planted tank under LEDs, so that gave me some confidence to try LED over my home reef aquarium when I first set it up a year or so ago. That ... and I was excited to be a beta tester for a new product. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
SelectedByNature

My pleasure! I'd only used metal halide for reef aquarium lighting prior to this, so I am happy to share what's been working for me. I previously kept a freshwater planted tank under LEDs, so that gave me some confidence to try LED over my home reef aquarium when I first set it up a year or so ago. That ... and I was excited to be a beta tester for a new product. ;)

I have a nemolight and the settings still elude me.

Basically I've reset them several times to start over when I I check my tank later at night and the light should be off but it's still on.

Not knowing how long it'll be on for on what is going on I have to cut the power then start over the next day.

I have the user manual and follow it appropriately I'm just unsure what happens. I try lowering the photo period (not extending it) and yet ovwr 12 hours later the light is still running at what appears to not be a ramp down sequence.

Minus this taxing ordeal I love the light....

You have to set the light up at the hr you want it to start. So if you want the light on at 11am, then you need to set it at 11am.

I would go through the manual step by step and watch videos.

If not, put it on a light timer

Great tip Clown79, thank you!

In addition to that, you can press and hold the "Channel" button for 3 seconds to reset the fixture to the default programming: which is 100% intensity for the blue/white channels, 12 hour photoperiod and 1 hour sunset/sunrise. From there, you can follow the instructions/video and just make sure to do it step by step.

• 1 year later...
paratiddies

I’m thinking about picking one of these up for a simple 5 gallon build, does anyone know if this light would work on a standard AGA rimmed tank?

I’m not asking about the power of the LED’s, just wanting to know if the brackets would work on a rimmed tank

Marine Depot
15 hours ago, paratiddies said:

I’m thinking about picking one of these up for a simple 5 gallon build, does anyone know if this light would work on a standard AGA rimmed tank?

I’m not asking about the power of the LED’s, just wanting to know if the brackets would work on a rimmed tank

I'm being presumptuous but I assume you are asking about a Nano NemoLight which can fit tanks up to 3/4" thick. My guess is it wouldn't fit, but I'm not 100% certain.

AquaMaxx-NemoLight-AquaMarine-Nano-LED-F

paratiddies
2 hours ago, Marine Depot said:

I'm being presumptuous but I assume you are asking about a Nano NemoLight which can fit tanks up to 3/4" thick. My guess is it wouldn't fit, but I'm not 100% certain.

AquaMaxx-NemoLight-AquaMarine-Nano-LED-F

Thanks for the reply, I should’ve been more specific but yes I was wondering about the NemoLight

Since I’m looking for something foolproof that can coast for a few days while we’re out of town I think I’ll just go with a par bulb/plug in timer. More control over the lights would be nice, but I’m a little afraid that a short power outage could screw up the photo period and fry the tank after reading thru this thread - we live in an older neighborhood and for whatever reason we get power outages way too often

Marine Depot
Just now, paratiddies said:

Thanks for the reply, I should’ve been more specific but yes I was wondering about the NemoLight

Since I’m looking for something foolproof that can coast for a few days while we’re out of town I think I’ll just go with a par bulb/plug in timer. More control over the lights would be nice, but I’m a little afraid that a short power outage could screw up the photo period and fry the tank after reading thru this thread - we live in an older neighborhood and for whatever reason we get power outages way too often

PAR38 lamps were all the rage not long ago. I always liked that look myself. I have a couple of NemoLights. It is true a power outage causes the timer to turn off.