Coral Vue Hydros

AquaMaxx NemoLight LED Fixture?

Tanker99

Marine Depot

Light has been ordered and on the way! Excited to get my new reef started!

Excellent! How exciting! Thank you for shopping with us!

Let us know if you need any help programming the light once you receive it. It's so simple it almost seems complicated. lol

We know AquaMaxx is working on an instructional video as well.

• Like 1

The NemoLights are not made for high-light corals as it uses lower wattage LED chips (compared to high-output lights like the Kessil, Hydras, Razors or Radions). However, since the aquarium is very small, it may work out okay. The Stylophora and Pocillopra will likely be okay as they are lower-light SPS. The acropora would be questionable.

"Compared to high output lights like the Kessil, Hydras, Razors or Radions" Don't forget Nano Box's.

• Like 1
AUSSIE NANO

For fairly shallow tanks (under 12" tall), they should be fine.

Also will have higher CRI chips. You will get far nicer colour rendering than the expensive high output LED units from Kessil, Eco Tech or AI etc...... These guys use Cree white chips with CRI>70 instead of high CRI>90 chips. They do this for as much lumen per watt as they can get and also thermal binning is higher.

Marine Depot

"Compared to high output lights like the Kessil, Hydras, Razors or Radions" Don't forget Nano Box's.

We were only referring to LED lights we currently carry. We love Dave's creations. Perhaps we'll carry them one day!

• Like 2
devaji108

I'll keep you posted and I'll for sure call when I get into programming it.

soooo hows the light? we want real world feedback :D haha

• Like 1

It's awesome! The instructions for programming are super easy to understand and the timer works great. The lights are beautiful and the light looks so clean. Already got some zoas under it and they are loving the light.

soooo hows the light? we want real world feedback :D haha

• Like 1
Reefkid88

We were only referring to LED lights we currently carry. We love Dave's creations. Perhaps we'll carry them one day!

Do you guys have or be able to get any part numbers for this light for both the 24" and the "nano" fixture ?!

It's awesome! The instructions for programming are super easy to understand and the timer works great. The lights are beautiful and the light looks so clean. Already got some zoas under it and they are loving the light.

Got any pics you could post of the light ?!

whiteblaze11

I just bought one for my fluval m40. I just have a questions about when growing the corals, should i have a lot more whites showing during the day or as much blues too? Im new to this so any input is nice.

post-52180-0-02500400-1462756188.jpg

• Like 1
Reefkid88

I just bought one for my fluval m40. I just have a questions about when growing the corals, should i have a lot more whites showing during the day or as much blues too? Im new to this so any input is nice.

It really boils down to whatever you like.

Marine Depot

Do you guys have or be able to get any part numbers for this light for both the 24" and the "nano" fixture ?!

Not sure exactly what you mean by part number. Our item # for the 24" model is UJ94548 and UJ94547 for the AquaMarine Nano.

Marine Depot

Most hobbyists will run the blue lights for 12 hours per day and the white lights for 10 hours a day. The blue lights will come on first followed by the white lights an hour later. When the white light is on, the blue light is on as well. You'll have another hour of only blue in the evening.

Marine Depot

Sorry,my.lovely phone autocorrected me,i meant par numbers lol.

We do not, but Reefbuilders posted some in a recent review: https://reefbuilders.com/2016/04/05/aquamaxx-nemolight-led-review-pt-2-how-it-looks-over-corals/

"We tested the light intensity of the NemoLight in water using the new and improved Apogee MQ-500 PAR meter as well. In real world conditions, the NemoLight mounted four inches above the water surface was able to deliver 100-120 umols of PAR at a depth of eight inches of water, so 12 inches total. At a depth of 12 inches underwater the NemoLight was still producing measurements in the neighborhood of 80 umols of PAR.

These are very respectable light intensity measurements for the NemoLight which should be more than enough to sustain and grow moderate light corals in most tanks, and even some of the higher light coral species in a shallow tank. You won’t be breaking any coral color or growth records with the NemoLight, but neither will beginner reefers get into trouble with massive algae outbreaks by starting out with a light that is too bright for their experience level."

Reefkid88

We do not, but Reefbuilders posted some in a recent review: https://reefbuilders.com/2016/04/05/aquamaxx-nemolight-led-review-pt-2-how-it-looks-over-corals/

"We tested the light intensity of the NemoLight in water using the new and improved Apogee MQ-500 PAR meter as well. In real world conditions, the NemoLight mounted four inches above the water surface was able to deliver 100-120 umols of PAR at a depth of eight inches of water, so 12 inches total. At a depth of 12 inches underwater the NemoLight was still producing measurements in the neighborhood of 80 umols of PAR.

These are very respectable light intensity measurements for the NemoLight which should be more than enough to sustain and grow moderate light corals in most tanks, and even some of the higher light coral species in a shallow tank. You wont be breaking any coral color or growth records with the NemoLight, but neither will beginner reefers get into trouble with massive algae outbreaks by starting out with a light that is too bright for their experience level."

Wow,thats pretty impressive. Thank you for the link.

• Like 1

These are very respectable light intensity measurements for the NemoLight which should be more than enough to sustain and grow moderate light corals in most tanks, and even some of the higher light coral species in a shallow tank. You won’t be breaking any coral color or growth records with the NemoLight, but neither will beginner reefers get into trouble with massive algae outbreaks by starting out with a light that is too bright for their experience level."

Was hoping you could help me out with the 12 hour setting. For some reason it seems my blues never turn off even after setting the moonlight options to 0%.. Any suggestions?

• Like 1
Marine Depot

Was hoping you could help me out with the 12 hour setting. For some reason it seems my blues never turn off even after setting the moonlight options to 0%.. Any suggestions?

1. Unplug your light fixture from the quick disconnect (not the wall outlet). This will reset your times but not your programmed light intensities.

2. Once plugged back on, check to ensure that the light intensity remains where you prefer. This would be the time to make changes to the light intensity if you wish to. (Optional)

3. Now that you have the desired intensity, click the “12 Hr.” button once. You will hear a short beep. It is important to note that your 12 hr. cycle will begin the moment you hit the “12 Hr.” button.

4. To program the intensity of your moonlight, press and hold the “12 Hr.” button until you hear a long beep. It will automatically turn your moonlights to its lowest setting. You may choose to go higher than that if you wish by clicking the “+” button or lower by pressing the “-“ button. You can dial it down all the way to 0% if you desire. Once you have reached your desired intensity, press the “Thunderstorm” button to confirm and save the program.

Hope that helps and I apologize for taking so long to reply!

1. Unplug your light fixture from the quick disconnect (not the wall outlet). This will reset your times but not your programmed light intensities.

2. Once plugged back on, check to ensure that the light intensity remains where you prefer. This would be the time to make changes to the light intensity if you wish to. (Optional)

3. Now that you have the desired intensity, click the “12 Hr.” button once. You will hear a short beep. It is important to note that your 12 hr. cycle will begin the moment you hit the “12 Hr.” button.

4. To program the intensity of your moonlight, press and hold the “12 Hr.” button until you hear a long beep. It will automatically turn your moonlights to its lowest setting. You may choose to go higher than that if you wish by clicking the “+” button or lower by pressing the “-“ button. You can dial it down all the way to 0% if you desire. Once you have reached your desired intensity, press the “Thunderstorm” button to confirm and save the program.

Hope that helps and I apologize for taking so long to reply!

No worries, thanks for the info. Unfortunately even after setting the moonlight option to 0% it still stays illuminated all night.. Personally I don't like this as it constantly uses electricity and never turns off. Even after I turn off the fixture it will come back on within the next hour. I'm gonna see what I can do to maybe reset it all and try again, but the only problem is that it's time consuming...

Marine Depot

No worries, thanks for the info. Unfortunately even after setting the moonlight option to 0% it still stays illuminated all night.. Personally I don't like this as it constantly uses electricity and never turns off. Even after I turn off the fixture it will come back on within the next hour. I'm gonna see what I can do to maybe reset it all and try again, but the only problem is that it's time consuming...

Sorry for your trouble! I would definitely encourage you to contact our support team so we can help you get the light setup to your liking.

1-800-566-FISH (3474)

CSR.jpg

• Like 1

I had a similar issue with mine and was finally able to figure it out after talking with the support team at MD. From the way it sounds you have 1 of 2 things happening.

1) as MD already suggested make sure that your moonlight intensities are set to 0. Im only mentioning this again because I want to make sure that you toggled through the channels to both the blue and white channel and set them both down to 0. After you hold down the 12H button, you have to press the channel button to get to each channels settings.

2) if that is not the culprit, then the only other thing it could be is a lengthy setting on the sunrise/sunset setting. Hold down the thunderstorm button until you get the long beep. Then press the minus button as many times as it takes until you hear the long beep. This will ensure that you have it set to 0. If you want it set to a certain number of hours, start by doing what I just said to get to a baseline of 0 and then hit the plus button to go up to your desired number of hours.

Either of these 2 things can be done at any time. It does not have to be done at the time you want your light to turn on. Only the time setting for starting your 12H cycle needs to be done at that specific time. All other settings can be manipulated at any time of the day or at any point in the lights cycle.

• Like 2

Sorry for your trouble! I would definitely encourage you to contact our support team so we can help you get the light setup to your liking.

1-800-566-FISH (3474)

I had a similar issue with mine and was finally able to figure it out after talking with the support team at MD. From the way it sounds you have 1 of 2 things happening.

1) as MD already suggested make sure that your moonlight intensities are set to 0. Im only mentioning this again because I want to make sure that you toggled through the channels to both the blue and white channel and set them both down to 0. After you hold down the 12H button, you have to press the channel button to get to each channels settings.

2) if that is not the culprit, then the only other thing it could be is a lengthy setting on the sunrise/sunset setting. Hold down the thunderstorm button until you get the long beep. Then press the minus button as many times as it takes until you hear the long beep. This will ensure that you have it set to 0. If you want it set to a certain number of hours, start by doing what I just said to get to a baseline of 0 and then hit the plus button to go up to your desired number of hours.

Either of these 2 things can be done at any time. It does not have to be done at the time you want your light to turn on. Only the time setting for starting your 12H cycle needs to be done at that specific time. All other settings can be manipulated at any time of the day or at any point in the lights cycle.

Thanks you guys for the help. I'm gonna try adjusting the settings again and wait for the day to come to an end to see the results. If the problem continues I'll call MD!

• Like 1
Marine Depot

What size would you recommend for a mr aqua 12? Would the mounts on the 36" be too wide since the tank is 35"?

The minimum width is actually about 34”, so it would work just fine on a 35” aquarium. :naughtydance:

• Like 1

hey MD and others how have this light,

thinking about picking one up.

question one member was having trouble turning his blue moon lights off.

so can you completely turn them off on the 12hr cycle?