ReefCleaners.org

Almost giving up

RozZy

I feel like thats going 1/2 way with a refugium and 1/2 way with chemical filtration.

If you want chemical filtration I would get a BRS reactor. Use GFO or carbon (Or both if done correctly).

If you have room in your sump, you could do a refugium there. Much easier and cheaper to get the proper lighting if done in-sump.

Why would you use a HOB?

There's not enough space in my sump to make the fuge. I'm thinking of getting a brand new sump/refug when I'm gonna reseal the tank! There's no way to get the sump out unless I remove the 72g aquarium above.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey rozzy. Glad to see your tank is doing better. I also use instant ocean salt. Yes it is very low in calcium. Try adjusting the calcium and alk to match your tank prior to doing your waterchange. The alk is especially important to match. I highly recommend making some diy 2 part it'll save you some $ dosing.

There's not enough space in my sump to make the fuge. I'm thinking of getting a brand new sump/refug when I'm gonna reseal the tank! There's no way to get the sump out unless I remove the 72g aquarium above.

Dude, you're all over the place. SLOW DOWN! What type of lights do you have again?

Dude, you're all over the place. SLOW DOWN! What type of lights do you have again?

I'm not resealing it in a year.

I have reef breeders, had ledtric PAR38's before that which I thought was the problem. But nope.

I'm all over the place because I'm trying every possible solution to get rid of the red slime. But it's just not going away, I've used chemiclean twice now and the red slime just comes back with a vengeance.

I'm already using one of the old bulbs in the sump.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not resealing it in a year.

I have reef breeders, had ledtric PAR38's before that which I thought was the problem. But nope.

I'm all over the place because I'm trying every possible solution to get rid of the red slime. But it's just not going away, I've used chemiclean twice now and the red slime just comes back with a vengeance.

I'm already using one of the old bulbs in the sump.

Are you still using biopellets?

Biopellets will provide a food source for cyanobacteria (carbon).

Archived