Cultivated Reef

Biggest Jerk in your tank

metrokat

Big blue knuckle hermit. "Trimmed" my feather dusters, "undressed"all snails regardless of size, never saw a frag that it didnt think looks better upside down

My Klein's Butterfly was the jerk. But he was a ninja jerk. All my LPS and SPS were staying retracted. I was chasing lighting, water quality, etc etc etc.

I never saw him doing anything. He was always on his best behavior when I was looking. But I added a new coral, and I caught him going nuts on it. Ah HA! Little bastage. He must have been nipping on the corals at night. Grrr...

My corals are all much happier now. :)

ReefSafeSolutions

This thread prompted me to FINALLY trade in my stupid coral eating clown fish. Got a new one, really small. Hopefully these two will behave!

Diamond goby. Attacks all of the fish, bite off the top half of male clownfish's fin, and moves all my frags around for no good reasons and piles all the snails up so I have to go in rescue them because they're too stupid to figure out how to unstick themselves from each other. He also piles all the sand on side of the tank. Literally. Two inch sand bed, half of my tank is bare bottom the other half has a 4 inch sandbed I need to clear out weekly.

This is a funny thread lol!!! I already made my jerk story on here but here it is again. My female clown is a CUC serial killer. She also made a huge pit in the sand for her and her mate. I love her even though she's a jerk lol.

I would have to say my flame hawkfish he's not really too big of an asshole but he tries to punk my clown and yellow coris wrasse. They hold there own though. The podcast sounds like an awesome idea I'd be down to call in most days before 4:00pm

• 2 weeks later...

Peppermint shrimp. Grabbed scooter blenny's frozen food, dragged around zoa frags, harassed RBTA, mauled rock flower anemone (suspected).

Edit: The shrimp is out of the tank and the RFA is doing much better now.

My Clown that is the CUC killer has turned into a firefish killer and now I'm down to two clowns and, 2 surviving hermits, and a Cowrie. I might just leave it a clown tank.

I got rid of my butterfly and replaced him with a christmas wrasse. Totally cool. Then a little while later I added a yellow line wrasse. He's a bully, nipping at everybody. The only one that won't take his crap is my watchman goby. ;)

Archived