ReefCleaners.org

Please help id this little guy.

Difrano

Hi all,

Me and the kids are enjoying the new tank setup, everyday looking for new critters and hithickers. This morning i found a couple of this guys lurking on the glass, they look like some kind of nudibranch but will like to know if they are safe to keep, at this moment I dont plan to have any SPS just softies and maybe some sturdy LPS.

02cadb31-df44-4050-af3f-adbea513c3ce_zps

74df9fe5-6c24-45b0-bb0a-c438afb877f2_zps

1026d0ff-65cc-4e0e-8299-6fe7e3b0bf2d_zps

Thanks

its kind of a rule of thumb that NO nudibranch is "safe" as 99% of them are obligate feeders. either they will eat what you want to keep, or only eat what you arent keeping, thus dying. many of them are also toxic upon death and if hit by a powerhead, isnt exactly good for any small tank.

I also think it looks like a flatworm. Translucent white it probably the hardest color pattern to positively ID. Although flatworms are awesome in their own right, they can be extremely predatory and you're probably better off removing them in case they start eating things you don't want them to.

First picture looks exactly like a Polyclad flatworm, unfortunately. Not a nice guy to have, but luckily there is usually only one per tank :)

(Siphon it out with 1/2 tubing)

Idk that second picture looks like this thing has some meat on him, I'm not sure to a flatworm although it could just be deceiving. I also say just take it out to be sure.

Thank you all for your help

No green all white, It disappeared this morning before I was able to catch him. ill lunch him tomorrow if show up again overnight.​

Yeah a lot of flats like him eat things like bivalves, and other sessiles, so he is pretty much doomed to starvation or eating your livestock. Killing him is humane in this case.

Archived