ReefCleaners.org

11 gallons squared underwater mushroom garden...now with sand and scape

nismo_sky32

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nismo_sky32

Do you know how reliable or quiet this pump is? never heard of that brand before. Looks good and reasonable price.

sicce 2.0 also has 3.4" output :(

The viper is made by the same company that make the quantum skimmer which seems to be getting good reviews. I believe it's a European company. I may try it myself if I don't go the dc route. The pump I'm using now has a barbed 3/4 inch return but the top is 1/2 inch. I put a hose clamp on it to avoid it from slipping off

nismo_sky32

My oldest son's last day of high school was yesterday!

11041887_10152846214481711_8429257686143

Pic of my two boy's and myself before he went off to prom. Proud dad right here!

MrNanoReef

I received all the parts for the plumbing from glass holes and ate the candies. Thanks again

and great groupie shot! you stand out the most..that shirt and your ink...lol

any updates on this tank?

• 4 weeks later...
nismo_sky32

Bravo Sir. Great looking tank and family. How are you liking the light spread over the tank?

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I really like the coverage I get on my tank with the light and I really like the color it gives the corals. It's been a crazy past month between my son graduating, my brother getting married and then my son decided to move to California with his job. My tank is an absolutely mess so I'll be busy all weekend cleaning it now that things have settled down

• 1 month later...

It's been way to long since I've been active on the site. Work had me in Kentucky for a few months and I came home to a disaster of a tank. I told then no more than 2 weeks at a time from here on. My brother was able to feed at top off but no cleaning. I decided to completely swap the tank for my tru aqua 14 inch cube. Picked up some new rock to replace the nastiest pieces and I have an eshopps cube sump and new sand coming on Monday. Pics to follow

sell me the cad-lights tank and overflow?

I'm actually still using the overflow, drilled the cube and moved the overflow to the new setup and unfortunately I chipped the corner on the old tank during the swap

Water has cleared up after the swap and the fungia is doing much better now. Looking to add a nice orange to compliment it

post-80649-0-08740200-1439612674_thumb.jpg

post-80649-0-93205500-1439612698_thumb.jpg

post-80649-0-61412300-1439612844_thumb.jpg

Wow awesome man, that is one sexy ass tank.

Thanks. I'm glad it turned out ok. I was bummed to come back home to a mess of a tank. Still have to move around the rock after I get the sand in Monday then I get to hook up the new sump!

Just did some rescaping. Looks better but still too much rock. Seems impossible to get the right layout and amount of rock

I like the new scape, would be cool to have a monti cap grow right in the center on the top rock. May be add a black background to hide the stuff behind it and block out some of that light while making the overflow less visible? would look much better IMO.

I won't lie to you I loved the long tank but I think once you get a good scape on this one it will grow on me.

I'm right there with ya. This one is a pain in the @ss to scape. The other tank was so dirty that I didn't want to deal with it otherwise I would've

20150817_184335_zpsaj2pba8w.jpg

Still need to move the pump into the back chamber and put the skimmer back in but I wanted to get this baby under the tank

Got my sand in the tank. Once it settles and I wipe down the glass I'll have more pics to follow. I moved the pump in the proper chamber. Barely fit but it's in there with no vibration. Cleaning the skimmer than getting that back in. Still up in the air on what to do with the fuge section. Any ideas?

Archived