inTank Media Baskets

MP10 Pricing to Drop?

Steensj2004

Try contacting Jebao for customer support, then try again with Ecotech. I have had nothing but VIP like service from Ecotech...which is something some LFS should consider when stocking items that go faulty on a customer, when they have a policy of sending the customer back to the manufacturer for faulty items. Ive said it before...I would rather pay the extra knowing I'm also getting great customer support.

Good to know.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day at least were getting to have a good discussion, lots of good information that I will pass onto Ecotech. They actually do listen and take feedback. :D

At the end of the day at least were getting to have a good discussion, lots of good information that I will pass onto Ecotech. They actually do listen and take feedback. :D

+2 man, Tim has been awesome to work with the past month. I'll be there to back up your comments

Well I drive a BMW and I still don't see the value of these pumps. I'm sorry, but I really don't.

I still see the wires, and I think it can be made better for the price. I'm not sold.

I drive a porsche, and completely see you're point.

So......what the EFF happened to my thread?! lol. About the price drop.....

I buy Ecotech for several reasons:

1. Product quality: Jebaos cannot compete with the quality of the parts and product, regardless of price difference. Also I use Radions, complete networking out of the box without extra equipment.

2. Customer Support, Bar none, better than most any other in the hobby

3. Control Ability, no other pump even close to the same program options out the box without a controller.

4. Because it's just what I want on my tank. I buy rimless for the ascetics and clean look....why would I then throw a giant ugly power-head inside?

Anyway, setting up a DeepBlue 57 Edge (36x18x20) should I go with

2-Mp10

1-MP10, 1-Mp40

1-MP40

Thinking two MP10s......suggestions?

a 40b is similar dimensions according to your dimensions you gave and I have 2xmp10 and I'm not really all that happy with the flow.. if it were me I'd do either 1mp40 or 1 of each.. or get a gyre 35w..

So......what the EFF happened to my thread?! lol. About the price drop.....

it's kinda what happens when you start a thread about an ecotech product..

Do you have a source? :)

I mean really, if a Jebao of comparable size and capability goes for $50 vs $300 for the MP40. Your telling me they have 6x the manufacturing cost? To me, the main difference I see is the magnetic drive and I don't think it is that drastic of a cost to justify that much of a price difference.

Cut the Jebao in half, add foam pads to each side, put on two drive disks on each side of the driveshaft and put on three or four matching high power magnets and voila! Obviously needs some spit and polish to make it clean looking, but conceptually thats all we are really looking at here.

Anyone that understands the overhead difference in high quality parts, assembled and made in America VS. cheap, low end parts made in a sweat-shop in China doesn't need a source. Also, logical fallacy and over generalization on your part doesn't make your argument more valid....

a 40b is similar dimensions according to your dimensions you gave and I have 2xmp10 and I'm not really all that happy with the flow.. if it were me I'd do either 1mp40 or 1 of each.. or get a gyre 35w..

it's kinda what happens when you start a thread about an ecotech product..

Do you have a good review on the Gyre? I haven't heard to much about it....not sold on it yet, but definitely interested.

Easy to do one MP40 and one 10 as the price difference in a MP10w and a M40 is like 10.00 now :lol:

Do you have a good review on the Gyre? I haven't heard to much about it....not sold on it yet, but definitely interested.

I wish I did, the 35w isn't out yet.. there are a lot of reviews floating around though, they're making a big wave in the hobby.. sorry for the cheesy pun..

I wish I did, the 35w isn't out yet.. there are a lot of reviews floating around though, they're making a big wave in the hobby.. sorry for the cheesy pun..

2 sponsors of NR have them available.

I would also go with 1xMP40 and 1xMP10 if it was my tank, but with the price difference currently and if you plan on going bigger later (we all usually do) get another MP40 and turn it down.

Anyone that understands the overhead difference in high quality parts, assembled and made in America VS. cheap, low end parts made in a sweat-shop in China doesn't need a source. Also, logical fallacy and over generalization on your part doesn't make your argument more valid....

Look, at the end of the day; good value is in the eye (and the wallet) of the buyer. For some there is value, and I've stated that I do believe this is a solid product. But the price point just seems high to me, thats all.

Yes, I am all for good 'ol made in America quality and product support; but for my application its not in good value. I only run Biocube 14, and the price and product capability seem overkill for me. Maybe I'd spend up to $125? Now that I know Ecotech is listening, :), Make a nano pump like the MP10 but for under 20 gallons and make it for under $125 retail.

I'd be a buyer here.

Look, at the end of the day; good value is in the eye (and the wallet) of the buyer. For some there is value, and I've stated that I do believe this is a solid product. But the price point just seems high to me, thats all.

Yes, I am all for good 'ol made in America quality and product support; but for my application its not in good value. I only run Biocube 14, and the price and product capability seem overkill for me. Maybe I'd spend up to $125? Now that I know Ecotech is listening, :), Make a nano pump like the MP10 but for under 20 gallons and make it for under $125 retail.

I'd be a buyer here.

I've voiced my opinion that I think a MP5 needs to exist :) But maybe we should start a Vortech Suggestions or Feedback thread instead of trashing this one :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/356821-ecotech-vortech-discussion-feedback/

I'll have 2 MP10s for sale next week. :) Good prices.

Well?? How much?? :)

I've voiced my opinion that I think a MP5 needs to exist :) But maybe we should start a Vortech Suggestions or Feedback thread instead of trashing this one :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/356821-ecotech-vortech-discussion-feedback/

I second the MP5. It seems like it would make sense. But a competitive price needs to be in place.

Well?? How much?? :)

I second the MP5. It seems like it would make sense. But a competitive price needs to be in place.

I'd buy an MP5 the day it was released. I feel like the nano tank side of things is growing in popularity week by week.

HecticDialectics

. Just means I probably dealt with the companies and products on a larger scale.

I like video games as a hobby but I bet a professional tester or someone who works in the distribution side of things would know more about it... I didn't just work at fish stores..

Were you a delivery truck driver? I can't imagine you worked on the business side of any industry, or you'd appreciate the nuances of consumer decisions based on more than just pure functionality. Nothing at all you've said would make me believe you know anything at all about business, and people's experiences in this thread prove your practical knowledge limited and incorrect. Sorry. Just say it's your opinion lol, no need to qualify it with Bs. You don't like vortech in small tanks. That's fine. Lol
Look, at the end of the day; good value is in the eye (and the wallet) of the buyer. For some there is value, and I've stated that I do believe this is a solid product. But the price point just seems high to me, thats all.Yes, I am all for good 'ol made in America quality and product support; but for my application its not in good value. I only run Biocube 14, and the price and product capability seem overkill for me. Maybe I'd spend up to $125? Now that I know Ecotech is listening, :), Make a nano pump like the MP10 but for under 20 gallons and make it for under $125 retail. I'd be a buyer here.
For sub 20g?I ran an mp10 on a 15g at over 60-65%, I'd have run it higher if I didn't have sand..

Sell out to that wire over a rimless noob! People sure do drive nice cars around here.
3 Ferraris and a Bentley here, no b.s. ;)

For sub 20g? I ran an mp10 on a 15g at over 60-65%, I'd have run it higher if I didn't have sand..

3 Ferraris and a Bentley here, no b.s. ;)

What kind?

They know one coming up? It already happened. ;)

Didn't yours already break? One Gyre on NR and one death. I don't like those odds. Sorry but I had to bring it up. :lol:
jedimasterben

Didn't yours already break? One Gyre on NR and one death. I don't like those odds. Sorry but I had to bring it up. :lol:

Considering that it was a beta model with beta firmware on a beta controller that was at fault and has been fixed in the production models I don't think it's a big deal. ;)

Also,

IMG_0644.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Considering that it was a beta model with beta firmware on a beta controller that was at fault and has been fixed in the production models I don't think it's a big deal. ;)

Also,

IMG_0644.jpg

That isnt the single sided version is it?

Archived