Coral Vue Hydros

Pre-Order: Maxspect Gyre XF130

Marine Depot

Do you think this will be too big for a 14 biocube? I was deciding between this and a vortech 10 but and decided on the gyre but after looking at the dimensions I'm not so sure. I feel like it might add a huge shadow to whatever side of the tank I put it on.

We suspect it would be too powerful for your 14-gallon BioCube. Maxspect recommends the Gyre XF130 for aquariums 25 gallons and up. We should have a better idea though once hobbyists start sticking them in their tanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IM fusion 30L?

The 30-gallon Innovative Marine Fusion 30L would be suitable for the Maxspect Gyre XF130 since it is rated for aquariums 25-100+ gallons.

The Maxspect Gyre XF130 was shipped to us last Friday; we are just awaiting delivery and anticipate being able to fulfill all MD pre-orders this week. fingerscrossed

Question, can the "dry" side magnet be placed in water? I want to mount it to the back wall of my tank. It is an AIO with a bulkhead wall and the outside magnet would be inside the pump chamber.

The Maxspect Gyre XF130 was shipped to us last Friday; we are just awaiting delivery and anticipate being able to fulfill all MD pre-orders this week. fingerscrossed

excited.gif

Anchorman.gif

Question, can the "dry" side magnet be placed in water? I want to mount it to the back wall of my tank. It is an AIO with a bulkhead wall and the outside magnet would be inside the pump chamber.

The magnet for the XF130 does look to be fully sealed, so it should be fine to submerse if that is indeed the case.

Any idea when these will begin shipping?

We are hoping they arrive today. If they do and depending on the time, we may be able to fulfill all our pre-orders before the end of the day. fingerscrossed

We suspect it would be too powerful for your 14-gallon BioCube. Maxspect recommends the Gyre XF130 for aquariums 25 gallons and up. We should have a better idea though once hobbyists start sticking them in their tanks!

On that note I volunteer to beta test one in my 20 long, I'd give you a nice long written review on it too. I used to write reviews & product info for Cooler Master North America.

jedimasterben

On that note I volunteer to beta test one in my 20 long, I'd give you a nice long written review on it too. I used to write reviews & product info for Cooler Master North America.

There was no beta period for the XF130, only the XF150.

It's a cell phone pic, but it still looks good! So far my impression of the XF-130 is very good! Silent, strong flow, and easy to install out of the box. It has some weight to it; definitely doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. Now I have to figure out the controller.

IMG_0856.jpg

What is your stock looking like?

We have officially sold out of the first shipment and even still have a few backorders pending. We are expecting the next shipment within 2-3 weeks based on the manufacturer feedback.

Archived