Innovative Marine Aquariums

I'm Back and I Have A Wedgie

LongPig

Very interesting shaped tank! I like where this is going. Did you drill the tank yourself or no?

No it came drilled. First time I didn't have to do the work.

Where are you keeping the sump?

Space built into the back under the stand between two supports.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow thats an awesome design. Did you have it custom made? Great job on the stand too! :)

No I picked it up on Craigslist. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

New avatar? I like the rockwork!

Yeah new avatar. Thanks. I pulled that rock out of a tub and knew it was the perfect fit.

Yay! Cycle underway.

Should be a short one. Everything I used was live and/or cured.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some corals today and a Greenbanded Goby. It's a tough life when your friend owns the LFS. Color isn't great but all I have is a iphone.

38041B05-84FA-4F8E-9B9A-00FEAB4D8775.jpg

69CA379B-665D-4AE4-8605-AB701848B1E7.jpg

Got some corals today and a Greenbanded Goby. It's a tough life when your friend owns the LFS. Color isn't great but all I have is a iphone.

38041B05-84FA-4F8E-9B9A-00FEAB4D8775.jpg

69CA379B-665D-4AE4-8605-AB701848B1E7.jpg

Did you get those sticks from Mike?

Did you get those sticks from Mike?

I sure did. Can't beat ASR. Lucky to have him around. Got this crazy burgundy people eater from him too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any good tips on how to take decent pictures under LED's with an iPhone? Any good photography apps to help? Is there a cheap camera I can pick up?

Anyone have any good tips on how to take decent pictures under LED's with an iPhone? Any good photography apps to help? Is there a cheap camera I can pick up?

I don't know what your settings are but my pics look better when my blues are set about equal with my whites. Otherwise everything looks neon blue in pics, even if it doesn't look that blue in real life.

I don't know what your settings are but my pics look better when my blues are set about equal with my whites. Otherwise everything looks neon blue in pics, even if it doesn't look that blue in real life.

I tried it. Got a couple of OK pics.

C041849E-3FDF-4AE0-9EB7-EB501B38E421.jpg

9C890FE5-8138-401B-BDF0-C7632EAC3CC4.jpg

CD65753C-7518-4A39-9BEE-400DD529260D.jpg

5553DF0A-8091-45BC-B047-A95FAD8E7C65.jpg

Tom@HaslettMI

Try an app called "Camera+". It still takes some playing around but it has a lot more functionality than the native camera.

Tom

Try an app called "Camera+". It still takes some playing around but it has a lot more functionality than the native camera.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I'll check it out.

Archived