Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I'm Back and I Have A Wedgie

LongPig

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to have you back. Unique tank and I like the idea of a simple stock list. Yours and crileys tanks are always great.

Hey pat good to see you man.

Fascinating shape for a tank.

Gonna have a lot or light spill but i don't think there's a cost effective way around that anyways.

Following along for the sake of curiosity.

Hello all! I've been debating for a little while now about setting up a new reef and what I would do. Well this tank and stand I found made the decision for me as to whether I would set something up or not. It's a roughly ten gallon rimless wedge with a custom made mahogany stand. It's 22" across the back and 13" high with 15" front panels. Glassholes Super Nano Con Dientes overflow and return installed. I still have to stain the stand and put hinges on it then paint the back of the tank black but you get the drift. Looking forward to a fun build.

930D4705-4C5D-49B2-8159-5B0DCBCC0D60.jpg

60FA8693-7356-4370-B203-3F41FA5B3F3C.jpg

1B799CF6-58B3-4659-B253-566FBB2424C2.jpg

I like the way it appears the snowman on the right is holding a gun.

Interesting tank shape, looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Gonna have a lot or light spill but i don't think there's a cost effective way around that anyways.

Yeah that light spill is unavoidable.

I like the way it appears the snowman on the right is holding a gun.

Interesting tank shape, looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Busting Xmas caps!

Got my custom ATO reservoir and sump built by fellow NR member joeyhatch11. PM him if you want anything built. Great job.

68AE7F6E-6DF1-4C1F-B247-883636CFB716.jpg

9F0106C1-A5B6-4517-B397-F5BF3D839DF8.jpg

Well, a triangle certainly presents some unique limits vs a four-sided tank, but proper lensing and some directional lighting (thinking GU10's + an Ikea fixture - nothing fancy) would easily beat any "standard" fixture. (i.e. no lenses or maybe 90º)

I think it might even be posssible to have zero light-spill.

Shucks...on my tank with these lights, I don't even spill light onto the glass let alone into the room. I rarely have to scrape the glass on that tank. Not so on my tank with a commercial fixture. (These are rectangular tanks, BTW.)

Following along to see how this turns out! :)

-Matt

Equipment list so far:
-Mag 2 return pump
-Tunze 6040 Elecronic for circulation
-Nano Box Duo LED w/moonlight
-Bluefish Light Controller
-Tunze Nano ATO

Archived