Coral Vue Hydros

Stupid Employees - RO/DI refill

StevieT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA, I knew someone would notice that.

The last company here did a lot of deck restoration, so the sink or whatever you call it and block is caked with stain, I got about 1/2" with paint stripper when I first moved it. The rest, meh whatever the biggest use of the "sink" is to make RO/DI

BattleAthletics

HA, I knew someone would notice that.

The last company here did a lot of deck restoration, so the sink or whatever you call it and block is caked with stain, I got about 1/2" with paint stripper when I first moved it. The rest, meh whatever the biggest use of the "sink" is to make RO/DI

If its not a sink, then what is it?

I bet they did big decks, have you ever restored a deck back to pristine condition?

Have you though about big decks recently?

Decks.

Big huge Decks

I used to own a painting company, my employees would sooth old worn big decks all the time. Sometimes I would help until it looks as new as we could get them decks.

Guess it's called a mop or vessel sink.

Those are cool but won't work for this application. This is a slop sink with 3/4" copper lines direct to the faucet.

Beatings will be the only fix here. Lots of beatings

20141211_104639.jpg

If you can shut off the main water supply for a couple minutes you can easily cut the cold water line, add in one of the linked compression fittings and boom don't have to fix stupid, teach common sense, just apply a proper fitting and not have to worry about someone that doesn't know any better nor was never really taught any better doing something that doesn't really seem to be their job anyway...

Those are cool but won't work for this application. This is a slop sink with 3/4" copper lines direct to the faucet.

Beatings will be the only fix here. Lots of beatings

20141211_104639.jpg

Saddle valve on the cold water side problem solved noob. Take it easy on Jeff he packs a mean box.

If they are really that dumb you can always just take off the knob for the hot water and tell them it requires a pass from you to use it :D.

Deleted User 8

If they are really that dumb you can always just take off the knob for the hot water and tell them it requires a pass from you to use it :D.

That would not stop them. They would surely grab something like a nice set of digital calipers and have at the stub.

"Oh, I thought it was a crescent wrench?"

Buzz

BattleAthletics

15812656048_03d422bdff_z.jpg

Have shipping jeff pack this up and send it to the warehouse, twice as punishment and take the loss for shipping, of course to teach him a lesson.

I still have to buy one to replenish inventory. I have a coralife RO are they pretty universal? I'm knee deep in a plumbing project at home to know better.

I got 8 of them for $0.01 each years ago from a petco web error. Used profits to help fund inTank in the beginning. I kept one and never upgraded yet obv don't sell them.

#### coralife. Spectrapure or bust.
  • 1 month later...

This is all fixed up.

Hooked the water supply up to a saddle valve. Hooked up a spare water timer to supply and output. New RO/DI installed

Got the stupid "Y" off the faucet and don't have to worry about hot water being run through filter again.

20150115_154543.jpg

20150115_154534.jpg

20150115_154548.jpg

that time is cool.. where did you get something like that?

I've always had the RO/DI hooked to one. After too many times forgetting to turn it off this was the solution.

They are in most hardware stores in the lawn sprinkler section. Prob easier to find them in the spring and summer or go online. This one with a single outlet control is only like $20.

Made for drip irrigation or garden sprinklers.

Orbit or raindrop would be popular brands

Orbit 62061N-91213 Single-Dial Water Timer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004INGS8S/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ZnfUub1WM2ZD6

You wouldn't set up a wattering schedule and run it on manual. This Rodi fills 5 gallons in about 60 mins.

HecticDialectics

You aren't checking the water daily with a tds meter? Not very reliable water supply.

Also wtf is that ghetto crap? Fill up a few hundred gallon holding tank of water and a float valve and then fill the 5 gallon jugs from it all at one time instead of inviting screw up.

My consulting bill is in the mail.

I salute you.. you have fixed stupid.

No if he fully fixed stupid the 5g would be in the drain sink for when it is working extra good and overflows the jug before the timer shuts off or someone really stupid bumps the dial....

Won't overflow with the timer. And if it did floor drain is near by. That mop sink isn't where I want the jugs to be the waste water from the Rodi would skuzz them up.

Plus the sink is used during the working day and reenter stupid possible problems.

Archived