SaltCritters.com

New nano reefer

Infinitereef

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. Im just waiting for a nitrite spike when i tested the color had a tint of purple lightly though from the api kit shouldnt it be higher? It was between 0-0.25ppm.

I've done three tanks. One spent a long time at each phase (3 or 4 days) before moving to the next with high levels and others didn't. It seemed to be related to the contents. The one that took forever had no sand and a very small amount of rock at first. Less surfaces for bacteria and collect on.

Following your thread. I've got a Nuvo 8 also - it's very popular around here and folks have done some amazing stuff with them.

I've done three tanks. One spent a long time at each phase (3 or 4 days) before moving to the next with high levels and others didn't. It seemed to be related to the contents. The one that took forever had no sand and a very small amount of rock at first. Less surfaces for bacteria and collect on.

Following your thread. I've got a Nuvo 8 also - it's very popular around here and folks have done some amazing stuff with them.

Thanks. now its just a matter of testing and testing so i might get some zoas next weekend and see how they do

Nitrates were high a few days ago and i did that water change and now this is what i ended up with results. Yeah i also thought everything looks good. So im starting my light schedule and going to give it a shot with some frags this weekend maybe. Any recommendations on a cuc? I was thinking 2 turbos 1 astrea 2 hermits?

Some of my favorites; for an 8 gallon tank:

Herbivores: a couple of Trochus snails

Carnivores: a couple of Nassarius snails

Omnivores: a couple of Cerith snails, and a Blue Leg Hermit crab

Some of my favorites; for an 8 gallon tank:

Herbivores: a couple of Trochus snails

Carnivores: a couple of Nassarius snails

Omnivores: a couple of Cerith snails, and a Blue Leg Hermit crab

2 of each is plenty? Im going to have petco order me in a cuc.

Ok today. Im going to be getting a frag or 2 just to see how things go. Ill post some pictures later today. Im gonna get a zoa for sure but not to sure on what else. Maybe an acan.

The palys are doing great! Looks like 2 mature heads and 2 babies behind them

As for the orange bam bams they are taking a little longer. 1 was almost fully opened another was starting to open up and the other 2 are closed yet.

Now im going to see how they do for the next 2 weeks.

Quick update picked up some more zoas from a local supplier.

Orange bam bam

Sunny d

Watermelon

Tubbs blue

Joker zoas

King midas

Theres another one which is really green like a lime green with a brownish skirt? Not to sure.

1AEA76D0-28A6-49AC-8EDB-E5A5C0EE73E9_zps

B1E9CDBC-AC07-4176-A812-9FB78C346663_zps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Infinitereef

The tank looks great, I will be using a par 38 light as well for my nano.

Thanks. The par38 bulb i had wasnt enough for me so i ended up getting the maxspect nano and boy it was so worth it.

Infinitereef

Luckly this will be for my GF so I wont get the itch to upgrade as much :-) Hopefully

Thats awesome. Now i will have this nuvo8 and this m60 im debating on if i should keep the nuvo up and running never really had to maintain 2 tanks at once.

Archived