inTank Media Baskets

niQo's ADA 60F - Oct. 2016 Update!

niQo

trade me tanks, you can have my running tank

I was thinking its a bit ironic: I was going to order a do!aqua 60f, but them you ordered (one of) the last one(s) and by the time I tried to order they were all gone. Then I found my tank used on Canreef. So I guess I should thank you ;)

Looking good. Really love these tanks.

They are nice. Thanks!

• Like 1

I've been painting tonight. Hopefully we will finish tomorrow, then I can finally set up my tank!

Anybody willing to give me a hand lifting my stand up the stairs from the basement? ;)

Very nice.. lmk how that white overflow works out for you.. I've got a removeable box.. if it doesn't become a hassle to maintain, I may build a white one for my current tank build.

Very nice.. lmk how that white overflow works out for you.. I've got a removeable box.. if it doesn't become a hassle to maintain, I may build a white one for my current tank build.

Thanks!

I just like the whiter look way better. I hope it doesn't get dirty too quickly.

Update: tank is in place and salty! Only got 4 gallons in and mixing 4 more. Hoping to get it filled up all the way today.

Pics will follow later I hope!

• Like 1

Awesome. Tank is screaming for a MP10 though. ;):lol:

The koralia is definitely temporary, but I don't think I'll have money for an MP10. Also not sure how safe that is with kids!

At the moment I'm thinking of getting a RW-4

Some questions for you few faithful followers:

- water seems to evaporate very quickly, I'm estimating 0.75 - 1 quart per 12 hours. Is that pretty normal?

- my plumbing continues to leak, just a few drops here and there, Teflon tape is slowing it down, but not stopping it. Any other things to try?

Love this tank! Mine is small its a 5.5 Mini M and I top off about a half quart a day. If my girlfriend leaves the fan running in the living room its a little more due to the air flowing across the surface.

Love this tank! Mine is small its a 5.5 Mini M and I top off about a half quart a day. If my girlfriend leaves the fan running in the living room its a little more due to the air flowing across the surface.

Thanks! That's a lot of evaporation!

Nice set up....I based my custom pico size from that tank but just a bit bigger...

Thanks! I love the dimensions, but bigger would be nice.

I couldn't stand the Maxspect Nano being attached to the glass, so I made my own hanging kit. Is it perfect? No (but very close!). Is it cheap? Heck yeah!

Also cut my Acrylic top, so the return loc-line would fit. I wonder if I should drill a couple of holes in it for gas exchange. Any thoughts on this?

I'm ready for my fish, if only my nitrites were at zero...

14984503499_53b452b7cc_z.jpgIMG_6954 by -niQo-, on Flickr

15171243845_f03a41e031_z.jpgIMG_6948 by -niQo-, on Flickr

15148217966_ea93df5ecc_z.jpgIMG_6941 by -niQo-, on Flickr

• Like 2

You think that's enough light for a 60f? Looks like the sides are barely getting any light. Tank looks amazing though!

Honestly, I don't know. I think it will be fine, as the tank is very shallow and I'm not planning on having lots of SPS, if any. I may have to try to get the light a bit higher and/or get the 120 optic lens for it.

Question: I checked my parameters Friday and they seemed fine. Got myself a small clownfish, the kids love him!

However, this is day four and he is not interested in food whatsoever. I've tried pellets, flake and frozen brine shrimp he may have had one bite of brine, but he spat (part of it?) out. The other food he doesn't even look at. Also he is extremely active pacing back and forth on the front glass. He was going so fast he was creating a wake! I have not seen him sleep yet. He is also looking quite skinny now.

Any thoughts? I never thought I would have trouble feeding a captive bred clownfish!

Thanks for all the helpful advise...

Luckily he's eating now, still quite active, but he seems to be making progress.

Hoping to mount my MP10 tomorrow and maybe put a new FTS up.

Liking your tank so far, very clean!

Keep an eye on the clown...mine starting acting like that before developing a severe case of marine velvet :(. Good sign that he's eating now though

Liking your tank so far, very clean!

Keep an eye on the clown...mine starting acting like that before developing a severe case of marine velvet :(. Good sign that he's eating now though

Sorry about that...

My clown seems to be doing better, he's not as hyperactive and eats whenever I give him food.

Since I put my MP10 in, that's now his favorite spot, he'll swim circles around it :/

New FTS this weekend? I hope so!

Love the shallow tank. Scape looks cool. Following along.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the scape, except that the two island are a different rock type... Hopefully it won't bother me once some corals are placed.