Innovative Marine Aquariums

cant ID

treborzelev

treborzelev

aptasia are more stringy, wiry lookin' so I don't see any.

Well thats what i mean (plus my peppermint would eat them)...what are these worm like feeders...

FlowerMama

I don't know, never had one of those. I have had little ball tip anemones, they have a little dot at the end of each tentacle. I don't believe I see them in your pic.

River_styx

Peppermint shrimp aren't guaranteed to eat aiptasia. You can try cutting back feedings to help make them more inclined to do so.

hypostatic

Looks like majano anemone.

Those guys do not look like members of the anemonia genus that I've seen. Majanos are not transparent like that.

To me those first guys look more like Curlique Anemones

treborzelev

Peppermint shrimp aren't guaranteed to eat aiptasia. You can try cutting back feedings to help make them more inclined to do so.

Well I didnt have a chance to cut back my feedings, I think the peppermint may have been attacked while molting...any other recommendations to replace a peppermint shrimp? Although the one i had did in fact eat aptasia and maybe a few other things while he was at it.

Those guys do not look like members of the anemonia genus that I've seen. Majanos are not transparent like that.

very interesting! thanks im still researching but havent really found an exact match.

Another one! What the H are these three worm things pictured? (Thanks for all the help!)

DSC_0007_zps9c113365.jpg

treborzelev

Hey could anyone help ID these? My peppermint shrimp hasnt eaten them and I would love to know if they are in fact, aptasia...dun dun dunnnn

DSC_0030_zpsbecf9c4a.jpg

DSC_0033_zps65e16dae.jpg

DSC_0031_zps37cab63f.jpg

Looks like majano anemone.

+1

SO! Im leaning towards carribean bubble anemone!! Its florida live rock btw. The second set of pics still no idea!

Well I didnt have a chance to cut back my feedings, I think the peppermint may have been attacked while molting...any other recommendations to replace a peppermint shrimp? Although the one i had did in fact eat aptasia and maybe a few other things while he was at it.

very interesting! thanks im still researching but havent really found an exact match.

Another one! What the H are these three worm things pictured? (Thanks for all the help!)

DSC_0007_zps9c113365.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with juvenile sea cucumbers.. could these be them?

hypostatic

SO! Im leaning towards carribean bubble anemone!! Its florida live rock btw. The second set of pics still no idea!

What species is that?

• 4 weeks later...
Dr.Brain Coral

If they havent sprea you could leave them If you want. but the second they spread KILL THEMMM!!!!!!!

thesmallerthebetter

I have no idea... LFS put the name in my head, cant find any info

updated shot of yellow anemone

DSC_0026_zpsebe65e0e.jpg

while the other pics didnt really look like aptasia, this pic looks too aptasia-like to be comfortable to me.....id nuke em.

Hey could anyone help ID these? My peppermint shrimp hasnt eaten them and I would love to know if they are in fact, aptasia...dun dun dunnnn

DSC_0030_zpsbecf9c4a.jpg

Candelabra anemone, a cousin of the banded aiptasia. Native to rock from the gulf. Non invasive as in it won't multiply like a rabbit, but considered a pest.

• 1 month later...

Candelabra anemone, a cousin of the banded aiptasia. Native to rock from the gulf. Non invasive as in it won't multiply like a rabbit, but considered a pest.

Thanks! Makes sense as this is florida rock. Well he was cool while he lasted havent seen him in about 3 weeks.

Archived