Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Please 'O' please tell me how you do it !

Fiesta90150

Fiesta90150

Okay, so i've been following this forum for a while, not been posting much since, well posting takes time :rolleyes:

So i probably could not mention one single tank on here that doesn't look good !! most of which i see are full with corals, intense colors etc and look amazing. I don't think there is another forum that i have found that has as nice tanks as members on here.

And i know every tank is different, that lighting setups will differ and all sorts of factors...

What i would like to know is what equipement do you guys use and maintenance... ?

Size of tank?

In tank circulation,Turn over rate, which powerhead?

Filtration, skimmer, sump, filter socks, TO through the sump...?

Fuge?

Carbon reactors?

GFO reactors?

Water changes?

Salts used?

Just do everything Kat does...........

Seriously though decide on the tank size that you can accommodate both financially and specially. Then find 10 similar systems that appeal to you and learn what they have done. Learn from their mistakes and successes. Each system is a personal and you will eventually do something that is all your own. I look forward to seeing what you decide on doing.

Fiesta90150

well i took down my tank and decided to go shallow, so made a quick shallow tank and then ordered a custom one which i get in two weeks. I know every tank is diff but yeah was jsut wondering. ill check through the threads again

Size of tank?

In tank circulation,Turn over rate, which powerhead?

Filtration, skimmer, sump, filter socks, TO through the sump...?

Fuge?

Carbon reactors?

GFO reactors?

Water changes?

Salts used?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24" x 18" x 12" high, sumped, probably 120ltrs give or take

Return pump is an Eheim 1250 full blast with 20mm return hard pipe, and a spraybar vertically made out of such, with 8 mm holes down it, 3/4 of the tank depth.

Sump = 21" x 12" x 18" high, with roughly 10 inch of water.

Jebao WP-10 in the front left corner, left side if you get me.

Skimz SM163 skimmer ... :)

Rowaphos reactor

No socks, floss, under pants and the likes of that crap, no other crappy chem medias apart from rowa, no fuge, algae scrubbers (did have, another useless idea), no carbon (skimmer does all that stuff)

Water changes = 1 x 15% per month

salt = D+D salt

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck :)

OH, Light is the Aqua Illumination hydra

Fiesta90150

Dosing Potassium Iodide makes a world of difference.

please explain, been in the hobby for a year or so but never heard of it.

I test potassium, and dose it if needed (hasn't yet LOL) one of the largest ingredient in salt mixes.

I test potassium, and dose it if needed (hasn't yet LOL) one of the largest ingredient in salt mixes.

It is the only major ion that people don't talk about. After Sodium, Magnesium and Calcium - it is the next most major ion in the water, about 20ppm behind calcium. It's pretty important :)

please explain, been in the hobby for a year or so but never heard of it.

I have a huge stunner that has always been orange, instead of purple. My LFS dude said he would have said my chemistry was off, but all my other stuff looked OK. He then recommended dosing potassium iodide. Holy crap! Within 2 to 3 weeks of weekly dosing, my stunner color started to change, and my other stuff (hammers, frogspawn) started color up big time. Zoas opened up a lot, as well. I dose this:

gZE7vU2.jpg

Polarcollision

what test kit do you use for potassium? I bought the red sea version, but it's a PITA and takes too long to test regularly. Interviewing other candidates

Re thread question:

24 gallon, stock pump plus wp-25 for circulation

AI hydra LED

Reefkeeper lite

Tunze 9002 skimmer

Tunze ATO

ESV b-ionic 2-part

I keep mostly SPS and zoas

Archived