Pod Your Reef

Live Phytoplankton FS

keydiver

Hi all. I've recently starting culturing phyto on a weekly basis to fuel brine, rotifer, and copepod cultures for both my personal tanks and for lab tanks here at the University of Florida. The species is nannochloripsis occulata, and has been proven to be one of the most nutritious species for fish, corals, and microfauna. For those of you that don't know the benefits of using LIVE phyto instead of a substitute, allow me to list a few.

-Add directly to an aquarium to feed microfauna, corals, and help combat nuisance algae by competing for nutrients.

- Start culturing your own phytoplankton, or use it in cultures for copepods, brine, or rotifers

- Enrich live foods by gut loading them with phyto (High concentrations of HUFA's)

I add it to all my tanks and I personally think everything looks better when it's added on a regular basis, but that's my opinion.

So anyways, I'll be selling 1 liter for $20 shipped or two liters for $30 shipped. This is concentrated stuff, and each culture generally takes 8-9 day to reach maturity. Please PM me with any questions or concerns.

ya no worries, was just letting leveil22 know he hadn't been around. Planning on buying some of this phyto when available. Really good price here!

ya no worries, was just letting leveil22 know he hadn't been around. Planning on buying some of this phyto when available. Really good price here!

Hey Everyone, sorry I've been slow to answer PM's, crazy week at school. As far as the phyto goes, I may need another week or two before shipping out but you guys are first on the list. I'm trying to set up some mass copepod cultures and they require more phyto than I anticipated. I will keep you updated with availability times. Thanks for the interest!

Pics?

Doing a harvest of what's left of the week tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll post up pictures of the finished product so you all have an idea of how dense it is

Key diver is legit. He must be ready busy with school, just give him time and he'll get back to you.

Thanks man, I appreciate the shout out!

Where are you located?

Gainesville FL, but I regularly go back home to Miami, so if you ever wanted phyto without shipping we could meet up off of the turnpike

Gainesville FL, but I regularly go back home to Miami, so if you ever wanted phyto without shipping we could meet up off of the turnpike

sounds good. I live in the palm beach gardens/ west palm area. I will let you know

sounds good. I live in the palm beach gardens/ west palm area. I will let you know

Definitely, PM me for a phone number if you ever want a quick response

Add me to the the list for a 2 liter

Gotcha down, I'll be keeping a list

Inbox is full, I am interested in a 2 liter when you have one available.

I'll clean my inbox out, and I've got you down on the list, I'll keep you updated

Sent PM's to the first three on the list, If I don't get a response within the next day I'll move on down the list. Looks like I'm shipping a batch Monday.

UPDATE: For all of you who are on this list thus far, the prices will remain the same. However, future buyers should take note of the price change $20 for 1 liter or $30 for two liters (The reason being because it's looking like it will cost $15 to ship, therefore I need to make a few bucks at least to recoup my costs and continue providing this service to all you wonderful folks)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll be doing my research, as im new to phytoplankton but was curious to how I should store this? I have a 28g nano so I don't think I'll be using much at a time.

Archived