Pod Your Reef

Drama's 34g cad (media basket install)......sike

Dramad1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a cherub/pygmy angel? Last I researched it, the opinions were mixed regarding a flame angelfish in a tank this size, and most of those dissenters were throwing out the cherub/pygmy as the recommended alternative. I'm looking at the 34g CAD Lights myself and that's a fish I plan on getting. Along with a small, exotic wrasse of some kind. Great videos, by the way!

Never thought of the cherub angel, ill have to look into it. Thanks for the idea. I will try to get some better vids up, as you can see, the last 2 where done with my cell. I need to remember to turn my phone horizontally for another vid.

I had to take my heater off line yesterday night as my tank temps hit 86*, fml. Either a chiller is in order or I need to pick up a cooling fan. Ill probably got with a fan first and if need be think about a chiller. But I may just go with....

I've also been toying with the idea of getting a larger 150-240g tank and throwing all 3 of my tanks in it and getting rid of them so I dont have tank's everywhere. Plus it would only be one tank to maintain instead of 3.

Spiderguardnano

Never thought of the cherub angel, ill have to look into it. Thanks for the idea. I will try to get some better vids up, as you can see, the last 2 where done with my cell. I need to remember to turn my phone horizontally for another vid.

I had to take my heater off line yesterday night as my tank temps hit 86*, fml. Either a chiller is in order or I need to pick up a cooling fan. Ill probably got with a fan first and if need be think about a chiller. But I may just go with....

I've also been toying with the idea of getting a larger 150-240g tank and throwing all 3 of my tanks in it and getting rid of them so I dont have tank's everywhere. Plus it would only be one tank to maintain instead of 3.

One big sapphire tank would be sick drama

that way you could stock it with anything and not worry about space

hit me up and ill help you out also

let me know if you get rid of the nano box :)

Talked with ati and they got me all hooked up with a new ballast as well as two new relays. Got home today to a package from them on my door step. A+++ customer service and big thanks for quickly resolving my issues. Will definitely be a return customer.

One big sapphire tank would be sick drama

that way you could stock it with anything and not worry about space

hit me up and ill help you out also

let me know if you get rid of the nano box :)

Nano Box? Did I miss something? Was that what you had over the tank before the ATI fixture? Are you thinking the ATI fixture is causing your temperature issue?

Nano Box? Did I miss something? Was that what you had over the tank before the ATI fixture? Are you thinking the ATI fixture is causing your temperature issue?

I think he was talking about, if I combine all my tanks into one he would be interested in my nano box(s). I have the duo over my bc29 and the tide over my 4g Microreefs tank.

I've been thinking about it but it all depends if I can find the right set up for the right price. Until then I will let my tanks mature some more.

The heat issues I am having are from the summer heat. My house has been about 86* between 3 and 6pm. Im at work all day so the only way to combat the heat in my house is to run the ac all day. Long story short, I havent been turning on my ac until I get home. I ordered a jabeo 4 in one cooling fan earlier this evening and plan to hook this up and see how the temps look when it gets in the 90-100*. I bought one for my bc29 and my tank temps stay steady at 78* so I'm hoping I get similar results with the fan on this tank, if not a chiller will be on order. The ati light puts out a lil heat but I have it 8" above the water line and have a ceiling fan in the same room as well that runs pretty much 24/7. I believe the tank temps have risen due to the summer heat.

Brs order arrived. Got the 175g mix rscp and the bucket was split up the side and salt everywhere. Nice. Debating on contacting brs.

also, I got some replacement blue bottles as well as a new addition cyno clean. I dont need it but thought it would be good to have around.

Got some reef chili, mesh top and a few vertex nano mags. Happy b day to me. Lol

20140627_160518_zpsrhjlhowb.jpg

20140627_160449_zps5cricflf.jpg

Salt is all over the box and in my carpet, transfered to an old salt bucket.

I only lost maybe a few cups if that and was able to transfer it all to an old rscp bucket so not really sure I need to push the issue. Bucket weighs like 50#'s and the box couldn't really fit any packing peanuts, being so heavy I'm not sure much can be done to avoid possible damage during shipping.

My ati fixture is having issues, only 3-4 months old. I contacted ati and they sent me a new ballast as well as 2 new relays. I swapped them out today along with an addition ballast, so 2 new ballast and 2 new relays and... nope. Ch2 still not firing. Kind of pissed but what can I do. I sent ati another email this evening.

Picked up a new fish pair. Aclimated and chilling in the dark on there first day. I had the light on for pics only. My clown seems to like them so far and are getting along nicely. This will be it for fish on this tank.:)

20140704_130305_zpscond0otd.jpg

20140704_163409_zpszfqsawid.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Random question, how'd you attach your rack switch to the bottom of the shelf?

I bought some lil right angle (L) brackets and attached using a lil nut and bolt to the power strip and then used some 1/2 screws with washers to attach to shelf. I also used some 3m double sided tape o. The rear end of the power strip just to keep it from sagging in the rear.

Only regreat is not making it a lil higher up in the stand to compensate for shorter cords on equip. It is holding up well. Hope this helps

• 5 weeks later...

I really like your setup! It has inspired me again!

I tried contacting CAD Lights, but haven't been successful. Could you please answer a few questions?

I see you had the lights which can be ordered with the tank. You mentioned you were replacing them. How did they perform? I couldn't find any information on their site, but found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-27W-Aquarium-Coral-Reef-Grow-LED-Clamp-Light-Blue-White-Purple-3-Modes-Lamp/2019244522.html

Lastly, does the lacquer cabinet have feet? Mine will be sitting on carpet, but I concerned without feet, the cabinet might be top heavy and cause problems because of the overall 60 height.

As for keeping all those boxes, I too ask myself the same question.

Thanks for those wonderful pics and video!

• 5 weeks later...

I really like your setup! It has inspired me again!

I tried contacting CAD Lights, but haven't been successful. Could you please answer a few questions?

I see you had the lights which can be ordered with the tank. You mentioned you were replacing them. How did they perform? I couldn't find any information on their site, but found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-27W-Aquarium-Coral-Reef-Grow-LED-Clamp-Light-Blue-White-Purple-3-Modes-Lamp/2019244522.html

Lastly, does the lacquer cabinet have feet? Mine will be sitting on carpet, but I concerned without feet, the cabinet might be top heavy and cause problems because of the overall 60 height.

As for keeping all those boxes, I too ask myself the same question.

Thanks for those wonderful pics and video!

They light they offer with the 34g is junk imo. Not worth the 200$ better to spend your money on something better from the get go. The 24" 4 bulb ati fixture covers the tank beautifully imo.

The stand that I got does not come with feet but you can always buy leveling feet at the hardware store and install them yourself for fairly little cost.

now on another note...

I was performing my weekly 5g water change this evening and had an unfortunate incident with the tank tonight. Lil pissed about it to be honest! :(

After cleaning the glass and changing the floss, blowing the rocks off etc, etc... weekly maint..

I went and grabbed my new bucket of freshly mixed water and came back to a pop..

wtf- the acrylic back wall that covers the glass back wall popped off of the drain side. It appears the sheet that covers the back wall is just a hair to long and the silicone was the only thing holding it flat against the glass. As you know silicone does not bond acrylic to glass very well. The silicone failed and now I have a bow in my back wall. The sides of the acrylic back wall are snug with the sides of the tank, but there is a bow in it, this has me believe that the acrylic piece was just a hair to long when they put it in and they just forced it back onto the glass after applying the silicone. Right where the overflow is, I now have a 1" gap. Fml, I dont have the time to deal with this right now. I had a couple plastic clips laying around and I used them to pinch the acrylic and glass back wall together for now.

Hmmmm. What to do... I'm completely bummed out and kinda pissed about it.

20140928_184503_zpsldr1gf8x.jpg

Man, as much as those things cost, that is pretty embarrassing. I bet Cadlights will recoup you pronto; otherwise, this thread is going to look really bad for their brand.

Yeah we will see. Have to figure out what im going to do this week. I haven't bothered to contact cad and not sure if I will.

I have to break this tank down soon anyways to make room for new tank. Plan was.to sell, but now its all jacked up. Doubt cad would do anything reguardless as the tank is about 7 months old. May turn into hospital/quarantine tank for new build.

• 2 weeks later...

Dramad1,

Sorry to hear about your acrylic back wall!! Could this have been your anniversary? Lets see, you got a split bucket of salt for your birthday, so maybe the back wall was another special gift for you as well...lol !

Anyway, I want to thank you for spending the time answering my questions. You answered them all perfectly!

I could never get CAD Lights to respond to two of my e-mails, or return my calls. I went with PicO. My tank is currently in the "cure process". Not sure when I get it, but have faith it will be built with TLC!

Please forgive my warped scene-of-humor!

Good luck, and thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Maintenance day, havent added anything to the tank in months, weekly 5g wc's and regular maintenance.

Random fts

20141026_084919_LLS_zpsp5sknnff.jpg

random phone shots

20141026_085043_LLS_zpsh7cq7wzd.jpg

20141026_085114_LLS_zpsxjezckwq.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not much to report with this tank, still cruising along. The back wall is still held in place with a plastic clamp. The one digital has tripled in size as well as the pavona.

I'm fighting a lil bit of tuff algae, over feed some coral frenzy, oops. I also noticed last night that I have 2 tiny aiptasia's that I need to zap. No idea where they came from I have not added anything to this tank for a long time. Also this tank has its own set of cleaning equip so it could not have transfered over from my other tank. Plan to zap it today.

Here is a pic of the digi, orangish red in color

20150110_072926_zpsyysdtvha.jpg

The pavona, doubled in size

20150110_072955_zpsgwopco81.jpg

And my bandit who is king of the tank, chilling next to the nest that is slowly regaining it color after a bleach out from to much light

20150110_073003_zpsff4ilqxm.jpg

Archived