inTank Media Baskets

Gorgonian show off thread!

dixie reefer

Thanks 4 the info ziareefer. I got some snow in my fridge but I never used that all that much. Do you mix all those together or feed them individually? And I didn't know RC sells food ????

I have an Eco gorg that needs a new home. :(I ordered some if this hatching food today Except I think the only parts that really hatch are the brine shimps.

Should have told me that before I went to Manhattan Aquariums :(
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

And I didn't know RC sells food ????

Yep, only one they have on the site now is their Herbivore Flake, but they have the FFF which is a powder/crumbly food (all still relatively small particle, like 5-300 micron), and also a pellet food. I happen to be an hour away and went to pick up and order, and John gave me some of the pellet food :)

Awesome, congrats on the new gorgs! Now we just need pictures :D

A quick pic with my phone at night on the way from party. It's a newly setup tank so it is a work in progress. Gorgs are a little pissed due to quite a bit of changes in the past week or so. Pic was taken hrs after all corals were moved from another tank and Q tank.

20131109_151210_zpsdb95173b.jpg

Depends on its size. The only spot I can think of for it is on the far right between lond tonga LR piece and the wall. Idk if I should cramp things to the max without giving corals already in there some room to grow. I might add 10-20 more rics to cover most of the bottom and rockwork and perhaps birds ness between tonga branches. I might also try to fix your poly-frag to back wall. After that, the tank is done for a long time.

You have room for another gorgonian in in there!

Your a :ninja: didn't think youd get the pic up tonight, lol

Looks so much bigger and brighter than the other pic. Still cant believe what you got it for considering the size. It's gonna be amazing once it settles in and has all it's polyps out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is my 14 gallon Biocube Caribbean biotope. I really like the Gorgonians.

4-6-14

post-70934-0-79833600-1398046366_thumb.jpg

One month of growth. Look how much closer the yellow Gorgonian is to the top of the tank.

5-1-14

post-70934-0-26131900-1398992723_thumb.jpg

Its non photosynthetic

Doh! Thanks anyway! I picked up 3 frags of Gorgonian at a local swap. I'll try to get some photos up sometime soon.

Quick pic of my recently upsized (from 29g to 40B) Caribbean gorgonian forest, with a quick build thread yet to come...

temporary-170.jpg

Quick pic of my recently upsized (from 29g to 40B) Caribbean gorgonian forest, with a quick build thread yet to come...

temporary-170.jpg

That looks REALLY nice! All the royal grammas get along? They look awesome in there. :)

That looks REALLY nice! All the royal grammas get along? They look awesome in there. :)

Thanks, and yes, they all get along very well and have been together for a couple of years now - secret is to give them all their own "hidey hole". There is also a pair of cherub angles and a trio of tiny chalk bass (still get spooked easily), and a half dozen new gorgs from KP Aquatics (awesome vendor)...

Where do you all get your photosynthetic gorgs? I've been looking at KP Aquatics as the best possible place since aquascapers shut down.

I have mostly picked mine up from a couple of LFS's over the last few years, but have also dealt with KP Aquatics a couple of times, including just this past week - they really are a great source, and the pics on their website don't really do some of the pieces justice. I ordered four gorgs and three chalk bass, and they threw in two additional gorgs. Can't say enough about how nice they are too... :)

Here is a pic just after I took them out of the bag to size them up and plan on their placement...
temporary-171.jpg

Thanks, and yes, they all get along very well and have been together for a couple of years now - secret is to give them all their own "hidey hole". There is also a pair of cherub angles and a trio of tiny chalk bass (still get spooked easily), and a half dozen new gorgs from KP Aquatics (awesome vendor)...

This setup is awesome! That livestock list!!!! :wub:

I'll check out your build thread :).

This setup is awesome! That livestock list!!!! :wub:

I'll check out your build thread :).

Thanks, and I will try to find time to get that thread started... ;)

I have mostly picked mine up from a couple of LFS's over the last few years, but have also dealt with KP Aquatics a couple of times, including just this past week - they really are a great source, and the pics on their website don't really do some of the pieces justice. I ordered four gorgs and three chalk bass, and they threw in two additional gorgs. Can't say enough about how nice they are too... :)

Here is a pic just after I took them out of the bag to size them up and plan on their placement...

temporary-171.jpg

I love ordering from them. They always send extras, and if not extras they send hermits or snails which I also like to get every once in a while. Guess I will stick with them for the photosynthetic gorgs. I can't get a guarantee that anything my LFS sells is photosynthetic and I want photosynthetic only. I don't want a starving gorg on my hands. I want an orange sea rod and I think a purple plume gorgonian.

Archived