Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefs2Go order, slightly awry

jedimasterben

I have seen the switch tactic before.

"Sorry, that didn't ship. Order again and you'll get that included free". Basically, "we are going to string you along until you finally give up on the 'forgotten' item after multiple orders". Tis one reason that I'm always wary about ordering online. If an item is "forgotten" to ship, I'd call my mastercard/visa company and say "My order was not correct and I want to challenge the charge".

I sometimes buy things from them and haven't had any problems yet but I definitely do not hold them to Live Aquaria's standard and don't purchase anything expensive from them.

• 4 weeks later...

My sincere advice is don't buy any live algae from them. They dye few macro algae with red colors. The algae will be in green color but they apply red color on them. I received packages twice from them and both the times I can clearly see the algae turning green and loosing it color in the water.

Also don't buy any zoos that are very attractive in their website. You may not always get the same zoos that are pictured in their site,

However, I did find few items that are good with them especially their clean up crew and live foods.

As Tamberav said, they are not as good as live aquaria.

• 4 weeks later...

I have made two orders from them the first order had a couple of zoas, an acan and some daisy poyps and a clownfish+gbta combo deal, i received everything I ordered and was pleased with the quantity of polyps I was given, the daisy polyps were non existent, the clownfish was tiny, had ich and died the next day. The gbta died the next week, I contacted them, supplied photos and was given credit towards my next purchase. I live about 10mins away from them, but they will not give you the 14day guarantee of you do local pick-up, so I spent $70+ to get the free in-state shipping.

My second order did not go as well, they were having a large sale on all their soft corals and figured I'd use my store credit. So I ordered a bunch of different types of zoas from their website and 2 firefish. I had to spend $70+ again to get the free shipping, even though they had a Zoanthid power pack which included free shipping on the entire order and was marked down to $5, but they said it was "out of stock" even though every coral included in the pack was individually "in Stock". I asked them about it and got some bull**** response.

Days later my second order came and a couple of the zoas I ordered were not the same ones pictured. I understand that it is not WYSIWYG but I expect them to be somewhat similar to the ones pictured, but some of them weren't even close. The firefish I ordered were sick and did not make it very long. I decided to not even claim the doa items, because there is no way that I am going to purchase anything from them ever again.

Ordered Spectacular Saltwater Nano 8 Pack - most of the cuc arrived doa except few other snails that I added using free shipping deal. Gorg and rock anemone made it also. Freebie Zoas and shroom did not. Will def never order from reefs2go again (exactly what I wrote to them in my email). Total lock of ethics and customer service.

My pod order has supposedly shipped. I have not received any shipping notification and only found out when I called. The girl, Christine, on the phone said it has been shipped via USPS so I asked for a tracking # and she said it was regular mail. REALLY? I asked again and she said it is USPS, I said they have many levels of service how did you ship it, then she says priority. So where is my tracking #? It has not been updated in the system.

/facepalm

• 1 year later...

Please don't give this scam company your business. I gave them a chance and they treated me terribly and wasted so much of my time. I have never in my life had such a bad experience as with them. Currently using BBB and paypal claims to get my money back for items arriving dead, damaged, not as listed, and missing items from the order. I gave them a chance to send me a makeup order, but the shipping date was pushed back three times without communication to me. They thought a $20 refund was appropriate to a $200 order, so now I have to escalate through paypal.

I have made two orders from them the first order had a couple of zoas, an acan and some daisy poyps and a clownfish+gbta combo deal, i received everything I ordered and was pleased with the quantity of polyps I was given, the daisy polyps were non existent, the clownfish was tiny, had ich and died the next day. The gbta died the next week, I contacted them, supplied photos and was given credit towards my next purchase. I live about 10mins away from them, but they will not give you the 14day guarantee of you do local pick-up, so I spent $70+ to get the free in-state shipping.

My second order did not go as well, they were having a large sale on all their soft corals and figured I'd use my store credit. So I ordered a bunch of different types of zoas from their website and 2 firefish. I had to spend $70+ again to get the free shipping, even though they had a Zoanthid power pack which included free shipping on the entire order and was marked down to $5, but they said it was "out of stock" even though every coral included in the pack was individually "in Stock". I asked them about it and got some bull**** response.

Days later my second order came and a couple of the zoas I ordered were not the same ones pictured. I understand that it is not WYSIWYG but I expect them to be somewhat similar to the ones pictured, but some of them weren't even close. The firefish I ordered were sick and did not make it very long. I decided to not even claim the doa items, because there is no way that I am going to purchase anything from them ever again.

I had the same experience and did not bother trying to get money back for the order I sort of received but still waiting for my refund for the order I canceled.

Please don't give this scam company your business. I gave them a chance and they treated me terribly and wasted so much of my time. I have never in my life had such a bad experience as with them. Currently using BBB and paypal claims to get my money back for items arriving dead, damaged, not as listed, and missing items from the order. I gave them a chance to send me a makeup order, but the shipping date was pushed back three times without communication to me. They thought a $20 refund was appropriate to a $200 order, so now I have to escalate through paypal.

I had the same experience and did not bother trying to get money back for the order I sort of received but still waiting for my refund for the order I canceled.

what's the deal guys? you don't need to keep bringing up old thread after old thread to bash R2G. if you want to start a thread and tell your story, do it. but stop re-hashing old threads.

The problem is that since R2G isn't a sponsor anymore their subsection is gone.

And they didn't get removed for non-payment.

Reminder advertising of who not to buy from.

what's the deal guys? you don't need to keep bringing up old thread after old thread to bash R2G. if you want to start a thread and tell your story, do it. but stop re-hashing old threads.

Why can't we re-hash old threads? That is part of life re-hashing why does it bother you in the least

Why can't we re-hash old threads? That is part of life re-hashing why does it bother you in the least

beacuse doing it once is one thing, or starting your own thread to tell your problems, but to rehash multiple threads to say the exact same thing is pretty ridiculous. if you really feel that way start your own thread in the feedback forum.

beacuse doing it once is one thing, or starting your own thread to tell your problems, but to rehash multiple threads to say the exact same thing is pretty ridiculous. if you really feel that way start your own thread in the feedback forum.

That really does not answer why re-hashing is bad....you just re-hashed what you said the first time :)

Yeah, why does it matter if the thread is resurrected or a new one is started? There will be one in reference to R2G and it's crappy service on the front page regardless, and a re-hashed one may be better for newer members to see ALL of the problems R2G has given people (thus why they are no longer a sponsor and have no more subsection) versus seeing a single experience. If you've been in here, you should automatically move to the first unread post.

eh, agree to disagree. bash away since they aren't a sponsor anymore.

it's not so much that I don't think you should tag along on this (or any) thread, just that once is enough.

eh, agree to disagree. bash away since they aren't a sponsor anymore.

it's not so much that I don't think you should tag along on this (or any) thread, just that once is enough.

Once is enough for one person to complain. If more people have more problems, they should all be able to say "Hey, I had a problem". Which is worse - everyone in ONE thread that happens to be re-hashed over and over where everyone complains, or a brand new thread every time someone has a problem and wants to complain, so there are tons and tons of threads that are not needed? I think a single thread with multiple complaints is great.

Also, c'mon man, you don't NEED to click on the thread to comment. If you don't like the thread or don't want to read it, don't. Move on to a different one.

Once is enough for one person to complain. If more people have more problems, they should all be able to say "Hey, I had a problem". Which is worse - everyone in ONE thread that happens to be re-hashed over and over where everyone complains, or a brand new thread every time someone has a problem and wants to complain, so there are tons and tons of threads that are not needed? I think a single thread with multiple complaints is great.

Also, c'mon man, you don't NEED to click on the thread to comment. If you don't like the thread or don't want to read it, don't. Move on to a different one.

I think you're missing the point tibbs.. the same person was digging up multiple old threads to say the same thing.

I think you're missing the point tibbs.. the same person was digging up multiple old threads to say the same thing.

Aaaaahhhhhh, I see. My apologies to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well as a new member, I personally read the multiple threads and I am glad they were rehashed. I learned a lot. One, I will never order from R2G. I learned people here can be incorrigible and judgemental. I learned the mods don't seem to mind flaming in vendor review forum. One question though what is WYSIWYG? All in all I leaned a lot, laughed a little and think I will fit right in lulz. Good day sirs

Well as a new member, I personally read the multiple threads and I am glad they were rehashed. I learned a lot. One, I will never order from R2G. I learned people here can be incorrigible and judgemental. I learned the mods don't seem to mind flaming in vendor review forum. One question though what is WYSIWYG? All in all I leaned a lot, laughed a little and think I will fit right in lulz. Good day sirs

:welcome:

Wysiwyg - what you see is what you get - usually for coral

R2g isn't all bad, but it seems that when they mess up they don't like to make it right. Also, the moderation here is a bit relaxed but don't think for a second that we don't appreciate or value our vendors.

We're a good group here and I'm sure you'll find this is one of the best forums on the net :)

:welcome:

Wysiwyg - what you see is what you get - usually for coral

R2g isn't all bad, but it seems that when they mess up they don't like to make it right. Also, the moderation here is a bit relaxed but don't think for a second that we don't appreciate or value our vendors.

We're a good group here and I'm sure you'll find this is one of the best forums on the net :)

Thanks... yeah I live it here and I know how to internets lulz lurk moar. I've learned so much here already. Just can't wait to finish my collection and start the I cube cycling so I can show you guys what you taught me. Just need an RO/DI filter and a master test kit and I will start cycling.

Archived