Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ADA 30C

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

• 2 months later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Very nice reef looks like something you see snorkeling in Cancun or Florida

Thanks. :)

I have only put Caribbean corals in. Everything in the tank is from Aquascapers, ReefGardener and Sea life inc. The only thing I have trouble with is the palys -they bleached after I put them in and just dont seem to want to color back up. I would love to do macros, but it is running on zeo, so it would just kill them off. I am planning to do a second tank, same size, and plumb it together. I will do a mangrove in that tank...apparently zeo wont kill them.

• 5 weeks later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

That's a really clean setup you have there, as someone else mentioned above it does look like something you would see while snorkeling in the Atlantic. What kind of shrimp is that?

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

That's a really clean setup you have there, as someone else mentioned above it does look like something you would see while snorkeling in the Atlantic. What kind of shrimp is that?

Thanks...it is a Pederson's Anemone Shrimp.

• 2 months later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey
  • 2 months later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Looks awesome...super clean. What bulb did you go with?

Thanks...your tanks are amazing. It's the Phoenix 14K. Not too blue. I think it is about time to change it out...I may go to a 10K, but not sure which one.

Thanks...your tanks are amazing. It's the Phoenix 14K. Not too blue. I think it is about time to change it out...I may go to a 10K, but not sure which one.

I really liked the FNI 10k its the perfect color to imitate a shallow reef.

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

I really liked the FNI 10k its the perfect color to imitate a shallow reef.

They are really cheap too, but FNI is out of the 150 MH in 10K right now. I like the crisp white color...not a big fan of the blue for this.

This tank looks close to Rehype's last build! ;)

Same idea, but my execution is not even close...I had decided early in the year to try a Caribbean only tank. Everything is from Aquascapers and KP Aquatics. I would love to do macros like Hype had, but this tank is running on Zeo and it would just kill them off. Now I just need to figure out a way to get all of the equipment out of the tank. And put a second ADA 30C next to it. With a mangrove. And plumb it all together. But I think I need to win the lottery first.

They are really cheap too, but FNI is out of the 150 MH in 10K right now. I like the crisp white color...not a big fan of the blue for this.

Same idea, but my execution is not even close...I had decided early in the year to try a Caribbean only tank. Everything is from Aquascapers and KP Aquatics. I would love to do macros like Hype had, but this tank is running on Zeo and it would just kill them off. Now I just need to figure out a way to get all of the equipment out of the tank. And put a second ADA 30C next to it. With a mangrove. And plumb it all together. But I think I need to win the lottery first.

Yea i know i was trying to get one as well. The aqualine 10k is nice as well....pricey but lasts a long time before its needs replacement.

I disagree i think you nailed it. That idea sounds really cool with the separate ADA as the refugium. You could go with the DO Aqua! 12" which is alot cheaper.

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Yea i know i was trying to get one as well. The aqualine 10k is nice as well....pricey but lasts a long time before its needs replacement.

I disagree i think you nailed it. That idea sounds really cool with the separate ADA as the refugium. You could go with the DO Aqua! 12" which is alot cheaper.

Yeah wow that is spendy. Might try it out though. Thanks :D ....I really am enjoying this tank. Trying to get the hang of getting good photos of it. I just picked up a Canon T3i with a 60mm macro. I use it to take photos of tin types and ambrotypes I shoot...easier than scanning. But it is a little tougher to get good photos of the tank. I like the old school stuff better <_<

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/petersmithinak/media/Rics_zpsc3495ab7.jpg.html'>Rics_zpsc3495ab7.jpg

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/petersmithinak/media/Braided_zps7ac737a8.jpg.html'>Braided_zps7ac737a8.jpg

Archived