inTank Media Baskets

Jackal's 11.4 (Now with getto fan chiller)

Jackal_Knight

Jackal_Knight

Thanks

yeah drilling wasn't to bad, each hole took about 3-4 min. How tight do i tighten the bulkheads?

Your right the stand is way over built. But that gives me peace of mind.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Just hand tighten as best i can and torque maybe a 1/2 turn with a wrench, You can tighten more or less. Overflow bulkheads don't need to be as tight as a closed loop on the tank bottom.

Jackal_Knight

alright thank man for the fast answers.

Im gonna be painting the back of my tank black when i have some time. i have a can of rustoleum flat black left over from anther project can i use that or is there some other paint that is recommended for this purpose?

Jackal_Knight

keep it up! =D

thanks man,

lil update no pics this time nothing big. i painted the back of my tank flat black looks great im very happy with it, and i finished the stand but... some family was over when i wasnt home and my lil cousin wrote on it with a sharpie. i was about to lay a smack down on that little sucka. But i restrained my self and began to wipe it off. 45 mine later its off but there some big scratches so im gonna sand it down and give it another coat see how it come out.

Hey man got a quick question for you. What thickness of glass is used on your tank? I read they use 1/8 to 3/8" glass wondering what that size used. Thanks

Jackal_Knight

Hey man got a quick question for you. What thickness of glass is used on your tank? I read they use 1/8 to 3/8" glass wondering what that size used. Thanks

its 3/16

Jackal_Knight

LOL you should scare your cousin by saying that you going to throw him into the tank and feed the big fish you going to have

lol im gonna feed him to the huge shark im gonna stick here, when i had my peppermint shrimp all the kids would get freaked out by him. i would tell them if they get to close he'll jump out of the tank and bite u!

Thanks man im gonna need some luck...

hu4f.jpg

yup yup some bad luck. but its all fix now looks good again. :lol:

Jackal_Knight

ok i haven't done to much this last week, since i started playing hawken again. i mean who doesn't love mechs gunning each other down. well heres the little that I've finished

• Stand is done... just need the door but ill get to it eventually
  • Back of tank has been painted and tank has been plumed to sump
  • pluming has been leak tested, and overflow was tested for noise
  • finished sump. just using 2 baffles if i get micro bubbles that's my bad
  • Rock has been scaped, cured, and cycled

Now what i need to do

• Hang light
  • build another ATO, since im gonna keep my 3 gallon up
  • Paint top of pluming
  • Add sand, rocks and fill with water and enjoy

so almost done just waiting on that RO/DI i got from BRS, so by next weekend it should be up and running. now for pic(sorry there so shi tty there all phone pic dont feel like buying a camera)

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Jackel_knight/media/2013-05-05_18-29-48_254_zpsaf6f6c2c.jpg.html'>2013-05-05_18-29-48_254_zpsaf6f6c2c.jpg

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Jackel_knight/media/2013-05-05_21-33-26_325_zpsbd2d56b4.jpg.html'>2013-05-05_21-33-26_325_zpsbd2d56b4.jpg

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Jackel_knight/media/2013-05-05_18-29-23_69_zps2d51af2c.jpg.html'>2013-05-05_18-29-23_69_zps2d51af2c.jpg

Jackal_Knight

Nice looking stand!

thanks man, i busted my butt building im just happy i dont look like shit .

dude.. ur slow!! hurry up! lol I WANT TO SEE IT WET... =D (sounds awkward...) hahaha

yeah i know, but cool mech game is distracting. tank should be wet this weekend... hopefully.

lol a lot of things in this hobby should funny, nasty or inappropriate i think there is a whole thread about it.

Jackal_Knight

This is like half an hour after i filled it the glass is still dirty so look past that.

2013-05-13_15-42-24_998_zps1212332b.jpg

This how roomy under my stand is. I have the side panel removable to get the sump in and out.

2013-05-13_15-42-48_659_zps16cfa386.jpg

2013-05-13_15-30-53_952_zps2b7a915c.jpg

2013-05-13_15-41-08_610_zps69e380da.jpg

Jackal_Knight

Awh shit. It looks good. I godda step my game up. BRB.

LoL Thanks man, i was looking at your tank earlier and i just noticed you drilled your overflow higher than mine, i wanted my water level at 1/2 an inch but its at an inch, whats yours at?

What kind of pipe is the black pipe?

the stuff on my return, that's flexible PVC its nice because you can use regular PVC fittings on it. here's where i got it

ArabTanker

LoL Thanks man, i was looking at your tank earlier and i just noticed you drilled your overflow higher than mine, i wanted my water level at 1/2 an inch but its at an inch, whats yours at?

Mine is at about 1/2 inch. Maybe a little higher.

Try lowering the flow rate to the sump.

Jackal_Knight

Mine is at about 1/2 inch. Maybe a little higher.

Try lowering the flow rate to the sump.

Thats a good idea but i dont really want anything restricting my overflow. That and i dont have a shut of on my overflow. At one inch it does not look that bad if it start bugging me or something that will be the first thing i do

jtwisconsin

Nice job so far, and really looking forward to some updates.

I am going to be upgrading my Spec V to a larger tank with a sump later this year, and the top contender so far is the Mr. Aqua 11.4 so I will be watching your progress. :)

Archived