10 replies to this topic

darthvictor

darthvictor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 05 Aug 2011
  • Toronto, Canada

It was fine all along for about a month and eat well (once a week with shrimp)

Then yesterday I see the one at the top in the pic has a hole in there, this morning I look at them the other one also starting to do that too!!

Anyone know what is happening? this is my first Acan :(

Posted Image

Edited by darthvictor, 26 March 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

21093r53

21093r53

College Reefer

• Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • Joined 15 Jul 2011
  • Maryland
hopefully its just taking a dump
25 cube
250wt Radium 20k, 4 x 24w giesemann actinic+, 16 x 6wt 420nm leds
asm g1-x
50wt ebo heater
SP 3000 powered by JBJ ATO
Deltec GFO reactor
Deltec carbon reactor
Aquamedic triple reef doser
RKL, sl1, net

any questions?

Baltimore Area Reef Hobbyists

feedback can be seen here...http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=302303

Cintax

Cintax

Canadian Reefer

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Joined 05 Jul 2011
  • Ontario, Canada
If it will eat, keep feeding it. I think it will recover fine if it's eating.

Degener8

Degener8

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2010
  • Fort Campbell, Kentucky
yeah the holes look to be their mouthes. I have never seen my acans do this even if excreeting. Hope they turn out fine.. I know the GBTA i have will open up sometimes.. so maybe its just that.

All previous tanks retired.... New project planning in progress....

BC29 not so AIO Thread
My Feedback

1oz. of research will save 1/2 this board from wrist and joint issues due to retyping this information multiple times.

darthvictor

darthvictor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 05 Aug 2011
  • Toronto, Canada

yeah the holes look to be their mouthes. I have never seen my acans do this even if excreeting. Hope they turn out fine.. I know the GBTA i have will open up sometimes.. so maybe its just that.

Yea it should be the mouth area, but I have never see it go like this, it is like part of it flesh just gone... I hope it is not something eating the acan inside :(
Posted Image

brandon429

brandon429

• Members
  • 5,312 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2002
  • Tx
thats physical injury caused by a crab picking at it at night trying to get at the food in the polyp
just keep target feeding, possibly remove whatever crabs are doing that (sexy shrimp have done it too, any forager with claws) and it will recover.

one very old pico

darthvictor

darthvictor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 05 Aug 2011
  • Toronto, Canada

thats physical injury caused by a crab picking at it at night trying to get at the food in the polyp
just keep target feeding, possibly remove whatever crabs are doing that (sexy shrimp have done it too, any forager with claws) and it will recover.

damn, then it is the emerald crab then! or the Hermit Crab... I guess I will make a clear plastic cover with some small holes to cover it after I target feed it.

Thanks for all the replies :)
Posted Image

Tenor

Tenor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Joined 15 May 2010
I lost quite a few of Acans to Emerald crab. I saw it used both claws to tear my Acan a part and eat it alive...It's happen after the light went off.

Your Acan look normal

Check out my feedback:  http://www.nano-reef...back-for-tenor/

darthvictor

darthvictor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 05 Aug 2011
  • Toronto, Canada

I lost quite a few of Acans to Emerald crab. I saw it used both claws to tear my Acan a part and eat it alive...It's happen after the light went off.

Your Acan look normal

I really think it is the emerald crab did this, now I have made a cover for acan. That crab has to go! I saw it poking and stuff. Now I even wonder if it is the one cause my coco worm lose both of it crown!
Posted Image

Tenor

Tenor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Joined 15 May 2010

I really think it is the emerald crab did this, now I have made a cover for acan. That crab has to go! I saw it poking and stuff. Now I even wonder if it is the one cause my coco worm lose both of it crown!

Cocoworm shed sometime (look like it falling apart) and will grow back to normal and even grow bigger.

Check out my feedback:  http://www.nano-reef...back-for-tenor/

darthvictor

darthvictor

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 05 Aug 2011
  • Toronto, Canada

Cocoworm shed sometime (look like it falling apart) and will grow back to normal and even grow bigger.

well mine actually dropped one first then dropped the other one in one day, it did the shed before which the feather look horrible but it never drop the whole thing all together... it was terrifying. but anyhow it is growing the new one again, I can see the tiny feather growing from the same place.
Posted Image