Coral Vue Hydros

Hole in my Acan!

darthvictor

darthvictor

It was fine all along for about a month and eat well (once a week with shrimp)

Then yesterday I see the one at the top in the pic has a hole in there, this morning I look at them the other one also starting to do that too!!

Anyone know what is happening? this is my first Acan :(

acanproblem.jpg

yeah the holes look to be their mouthes. I have never seen my acans do this even if excreeting. Hope they turn out fine.. I know the GBTA i have will open up sometimes.. so maybe its just that.

darthvictor
yeah the holes look to be their mouthes. I have never seen my acans do this even if excreeting. Hope they turn out fine.. I know the GBTA i have will open up sometimes.. so maybe its just that.

Yea it should be the mouth area, but I have never see it go like this, it is like part of it flesh just gone... I hope it is not something eating the acan inside :(

thats physical injury caused by a crab picking at it at night trying to get at the food in the polyp

just keep target feeding, possibly remove whatever crabs are doing that (sexy shrimp have done it too, any forager with claws) and it will recover.

darthvictor
thats physical injury caused by a crab picking at it at night trying to get at the food in the polyp

just keep target feeding, possibly remove whatever crabs are doing that (sexy shrimp have done it too, any forager with claws) and it will recover.

damn, then it is the emerald crab then! or the Hermit Crab... I guess I will make a clear plastic cover with some small holes to cover it after I target feed it.

Thanks for all the replies :)

I lost quite a few of Acans to Emerald crab. I saw it used both claws to tear my Acan a part and eat it alive...It's happen after the light went off.

Your Acan look normal

darthvictor
I lost quite a few of Acans to Emerald crab. I saw it used both claws to tear my Acan a part and eat it alive...It's happen after the light went off.

Your Acan look normal

I really think it is the emerald crab did this, now I have made a cover for acan. That crab has to go! I saw it poking and stuff. Now I even wonder if it is the one cause my coco worm lose both of it crown!

I really think it is the emerald crab did this, now I have made a cover for acan. That crab has to go! I saw it poking and stuff. Now I even wonder if it is the one cause my coco worm lose both of it crown!

Cocoworm shed sometime (look like it falling apart) and will grow back to normal and even grow bigger.

darthvictor
Cocoworm shed sometime (look like it falling apart) and will grow back to normal and even grow bigger.

well mine actually dropped one first then dropped the other one in one day, it did the shed before which the feather look horrible but it never drop the whole thing all together... it was terrifying. but anyhow it is growing the new one again, I can see the tiny feather growing from the same place.

Archived