Here's our current stock list:
2 Barlett's anthias
2 neon gobies
Blue stripe pipefish
Yellow watchman goby
Bullseye pistol shrimp
Assorted small snails and a couple of hermit crabs
Jump to content
Very nice. The two pieces of rock that are pillars for your arch are excellent...beautiful color and I really like the caves.
You outlined above the cameras/lenses you use...any additional tips? Do you make any color corrections/enhancements/changes with photoshop or a similar editing program?
Also, what is that in #2?
I don't have any special photography skills or advanced equipment.
I shoot macros with a Sigma 105mm.
Here's my five top tips for better aquarium photos.
1. When shooting pics of moving fish, I make sure the camera shutter speed is fast enough to keep the fish from being blurry. For a P&S, I use Action or Sports mode. For DSLR, shutter priority set between 1/200 for slower fish and 1/500 sec for faster fish.
2. Keep the camera lens parallel to the the plane of the glass to avoid distorsion. For example, if you're standing up and eye level with the top of the aquarium, but pointing the camera down to take a pic of something on the sand bed, the picture will be noticeably distorted.
3. Clean the glass before you shoot.
4. Turn off pumps and powerheads before you shoot.
5. Optimize the white balance so the picture is not too blue. IIRC, the Fluorescent setting works well for both my Nikon P&S and DSLR. A little trial and error will show you what works best for your camera/lighting combo.
I use Picassa for basic cropping and adjusting the brightness. Picassa doesn't have a good color adjusting tool, but with the right white balance setting I don't need to tweak color.
Nice tank and great photography! Love the tailspot! We have one and it's one of our favorites.
NRF is the Hugh Heffner of NR
point is that before you post you should figure out what the ethos of the thread is. you tweens come in like a herd of horny goats humping every thread in sight, then get surprised when people try to beat you with bamboo canes.
I, the d-bag mod, will now ban everyone!