Pod Your Reef

Need help on ways to sneak hermits into plane!

SWAG

You aren't cool unless youve done time or cost your parents thousands in fines. (insert favorite rapper here) did time and look where he is now! Lol

heck ya.. they are loaded too!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone is is crapping on your parade, but imo just collect a whole bunch of shells from the beach and toss the hermits in there. 99.9% chance youll be completely fine.

in the odd chance youre not, just feign ignorance. no way you would get in any trouble.

TSA allows carry on of bagged fish in very small quantities its up to the screener but as long as you aren't harvesting animals illegally (hi is a tought state for getting them legal wo permit) it is not illegal to show them a fish bag filled with some water and a few crabs, i dont know how # they will allow

the reefscapes magazine thats free in stores had an article about clownfish transport on a plane and he referenced tsa manual guidelines inspectors are supposed to follow. be in a clear bag, visibly alive etc (which confirms its water in the bag)

and he had more than three ounces of water. I would imagine the subjectivity between inspectors is huge when working with this kind of carry on.

Correct. I was going to quote this article as well. Check with TSAs website or call before hand. Just be honest you shouldnt have a problem.

The most they can do is take the hermits away and let me go,they won't arrest a 16 year old for taking hermits into a plane.

It's not like I'm taking coral,theyre crabs,they're everywhere.

You sound like the little punk ass teens I catch for shoplifting everyday. Act like its no big deal cuz its just a pair of sunglasses or a necklace or something. Scrubs IMO. I think it's been said, get a job.

Flame on guys!

Nothing is gonna happen to me,

Lol,if anything happens all I have to say is I bought them

From some Guy at the beach and get them taken.

Lol how's this have to due with how I was taught?

Because you apparently were taught that you can just say "whatever dude" when it comes to the laws that you don't like. They don't apply to you, only to other people. A couple crabs to you multiplied by all the other people who would like to bring things back from the tropics means disaster for the local ecosystem.

Telling me that it is no big deal just proves my point. So don't prove my point.

You seem to be focusing on if you will get caught or not. All that means is that you know that it is wrong. You did not ask if we thought they would make the trip alive. You asked for ways to hide what you are doing. You are breaking the law and that is the end of the story.

Age has nothing to do with it. You are competent and now have been shown the actual law. That is more than most kids who get busted for stealing things. They know it is wrong but dont know the specifics of the law. You do.

I bet we could crowd source what flight you will be on..... We know where you live, your birth date, where you are flying from, general time frame you will be leaving, your gender, etc... Could be fun to see what the state of HI and the TSA think of your idea. ;)

:naughtydance:

I can see the mothers perspective irrelevant to the situation..

'oh hunny its just a hermit crab I'm sure you'll be fine'

TSA - mam your son is in possession of illegally harvested animals

'oh my, we didnt know'

TSA - Ok well we cant let him board the plane with these.. don't do this again.

Sadly - this is the root of the problem - its not worth their time to do the paperwork on minor things.

I watched a crazy show on hawaii wildlife. They went into a household with a search warrant because a 15 year old kid had a pirahna. They served his parents there butts on a platter.

:naughtydance:

I can see the mothers perspective irrelevant to the situation..

'oh hunny its just a hermit crab I'm sure you'll be fine'

TSA - mam your son is in possession of illegally harvested animals

'oh my, we didnt know'

TSA - Ok well we cant let him board the plane with these.. don't do this again.

Sadly - this is the root of the problem - Ashwatthama - fiery temperedits not worth their time to do the paperwork on minor things.

DING DING DING!

Why sneak if you are going to be so open about it all? Just put them in your carry on and see if it works. Why did you make this thread again?

I kinda have to agree with what's already been said.

Two options:

1) He gets away with it and he's the only human on the planet that thinks he's cool because of it. But since he seems to be the only human on HIS own private planet, that's 100% of the population, which is more than enough motivation for him to risk his parent's money and his criminal record.

2) He gets caught, may or may not have to pay a fine (of his parent's money), and the hermits DIE in a TSA trash can because he didn't have the decency to just buy a few one-dollar hermits at the pet shop.

Lol how's this have to due with how I was taught?

not how you were taught, moreso that you are being raised wrong. your lack of judgement, and knowing what you're doing is wrong while trying to get away with it, will/can get you convicted if a print out/email of this thread were forward to the few airports in hawaii. lol it would be grand.by anychance are you posting all this from your phone or a personal laptop, because ip addresses are easy to follow. good luck dumbass

stick them in a condom filled with water then shove it up ur rectum. seriously bro ur asking this question? just fedex the thing overnight to where ever u live but make sure they are packed right.

Archived