inTank Media Baskets

The SPS Cube w/Acans!

Spencer7

Blower? I'm assuming powerhead. Sorry to hear about that, but dust of all the corals and let them settle back in. Just an idea but replace the suction cups with magnets. It will be totally worth it. No more worrying about the power head dropping and creating a sand storm.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blower? I'm assuming powerhead. Sorry to hear about that, but dust of all the corals and let them settle back in. Just an idea but replace the suction cups with magnets. It will be totally worth it. No more worrying about the power head dropping and creating a sand storm.

yea, powerhead/circulator is a #####h corals are starting to recover, what kind of magnets? Reef safe? thx

I want an elegance.....

yea, i know what u mean, this is my first and i have always loved them, Elegances are surprisingly easy to keep as they don't need a ton of light or flow (or perfect water quality ;))

Mine is like 4x4 inches and cost $90 (without discount b/c I'm a employee so it probably cost like $50)

Equiptment and FTS...

25411944.jpg

Is that tape holding the pvc together? I see a lot of salt creep coming from the joints. Could lead to some serious problems. Also, why the sand in the sump? Not much use for it, will only lead to problems with your pumps. Otherwise, great looking tank. Can't wait to see it grow out.

Is that tape holding the pvc together? I see a lot of salt creep coming from the joints. Could lead to some serious problems. Also, why the sand in the sump? Not much use for it, will only lead to problems with your pumps. Otherwise, great looking tank. Can't wait to see it grow out.

Good point, i had a lot of plumbing issues early on so after experiencing leaks I quickly super, secured and

siliconed the return pipe joints, and while in home depot i happened to buy duct tape (recently watched Myth

Busters on it) and decided to use some just in case, as of the salt i plan on doing some tank renovations soon (b4 2012) where i will be adding the last of live rock, moving sand from the sump, and chaeto/macro to it, and a light for the sump along with another par lamp for the display, in the process and while the sump is drained i will attempt to fix up the return line, what do u recommend as all the parts are the right size and fit together?

In fact that tank renovation idea sounded so good i really need to stay on top of it, this is to not let me forget or procrastinate, feel free to bug/remind me about it too.

BEFORE 2012...

-GET AND INSTALL LIGHT FOR SUMP :rant:

-CLEAR OUT SAND FROM SUMP :ninja:

-FINISH DISPLAY LR SETUP :rant:

-ADD EXTRA LED LAMP TO DISPLAY :rant:

-FIX PVC RETURN LINE FROM SUMP :ninja:

-GET CHAETO/MACRO FOR SUMP :ninja:

-REORGANIZE SUMP TO MAKE SPACE AND KEEP EQUIPTMENT IN ITS PLACE :ninja:

-MORE FISH!!!!! :rant:

-POSSIBLY MORE FEATHER DUSTERS :ninja:

-GET RID OF CLEANER SHRIMP AND SAND SIFTING STAR :ninja:

when task is complete there will be a ninja next to it, otherwise a mad dude, lol...

don't let me be lazy, also tell me if my plan is stupid...

I think I'm going to get Mr.Corals Acan pack for $100 w/shipping to add to my Acan Collection

What are your opinions on this dude? You think the frags are worth it and will arrive in good condition?

In fact that tank renovation idea sounded so good i really need to stay on top of it, this is to not let me forget or procrastinate, feel free to bug/remind me about it too.

BEFORE 2012...

-GET AND INSTALL LIGHT FOR SUMP

-CLEAR OUT SAND FROM SUMP

-FINISH DISPLAY LR SETUP

-ADD EXTRA LED LAMP TO DISPLAY

-FIX PVC RETURN LINE FROM SUMP

-GET CHAETO/MACRO FOR SUMP

-REORGANIZE SUMP TO MAKE SPACE AND KEEP EQUIPTMENT IN ITS PLACE

-POSSIBLY ESTABLISH A.T.O

-POSSIBLY MORE FEATHER DUSTERS (ONE MORE IN SUMP, 1 IN DISPLAY, FOR THREE TOTAL)

-GET RID OF CLEANER SHRIMP AND SAND SIFTING STAR

when task is complete there will be a ninja next to it, otherwise a mad dude, lol...

don't let me be lazy, also tell me if my plan is stupid...

Yeah it's stupid alright. :lol:

Being 14, where do you get all your monies?

I hadn't realised you learned how to post pics, and had intentionally ignored your thread because your constant photo link spamming was annoying.

But your tank looks pretty cool and is impressive for your age (not to be condescending, but I would have had no chance of keeping a reef tank at your age).

Mr Coral seems to get mixed reviews, but many people like what they buy and the prices are amazing.

Yeah it's stupid alright. :lol:

Being 14, where do you get all your monies?

I dont talk to strangers :P

I work here...

http://www.greenwichaquaria.com/

and b/c I live in Greenwich which is the 2nd richest town in America behind Beverly Hills I get paid a good deal for walking these peoples dogs and feeding them (playing with em too) but that's only like once a month when they go somewhere, no allowance ):

I save money too, and also when my B-day or christmas comes around i go nuts with spending but its mainly my job, im not even legally old enough to work there so shhh... before i started to work there this summer i had been a very big fan/vistor for three years and we had always talked about working there just b/c i simply know so much by now and I am a hard worker, hopefully next year I'll be attending services and being paid $10 a hour instead of the $9 now...

I hadn't realised you learned how to post pics, and had intentionally ignored your thread because your constant photo link spamming was annoying.

But your tank looks pretty cool and is impressive for your age (not to be condescending, but I would have had no chance of keeping a reef tank at your age).

Mr Coral seems to get mixed reviews, but many people like what they buy and the prices are amazing.

Thx, i think that was the case for most people and im sorry but we cool now B)

I will post pics and decide whether or not to get the acans in a bit, excited to post a December FTS

Right now my only complaint is that the tank is still young and the corals haven't begun to spread completely yet, right now im loving my goniopora, really g2g, see ya!

Awesome news! I was able to see my Zoa's base membrane (colony squishy stuff) after my soon to leave cleaner shrimp pissed it off and anyway i notices that it has started to spread and grow, by 2012 especially with another light this sucker will be off the frag plug and filling up the tank. The reason it is a big deal to me is cuz my tank looks too clean cut for me but I know this ill change when they start to spread and/or overlap which is what the zoa's might do. My Goniopora is also starting to. My huge green acan is probably my healthiest coral yet it still remains in its spot, not spreading at all, y is that?

The acan has the calcium and food/light to grow and is super healthy yet just sits there looking like a #######...

GROW MY PRETTIES!

ps this is partially y im getting another light.

Thats a pretty sweet deal if it applies to aquariums. Looking on their site I dont see the sale, do you need to use a coupon code? If so, please share.

imo, a single par38 would be more than sufficient for this tank. if that is what you, i'd say go with it. just do a quick search around for cubes. you may be able to get a better deal on a larger tank. but the par38 is definitely a good buy.

Holy Crap! :D

Just got three corals

Frag Glue

Frag Rack (for future tank renovations)

Tiny Bush of Chaeto

and... Sea Urchin (Short Spine)

-------------------------------------------------------

Corals are...

Green Pagoda Cup

Green Acro Frag

Red SPS (ID 4 me later)

Tank is cloudy and it's late, pics tomorrow

--------------------------------------------------------

November 26th 2011 Test Results...

Ca 475

PO4 0

NO3 0

KH 7

pretty happy, just squirted some KH in so it should be good, won't dose Ca for a couple days...

Ahhh crap, me neither. I guess there is always next year. Nice coral selection though. Good luck with them.

lol, well depending on how much I get for C-MAS I might buy it then...

Removing starfish and shrimp tomorrow along with a sh*t ton of renovations, my tanks going to be sooo sick B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

After that I'm saving up for another light or two, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (i love them)

Sh*t is going down! omgomgomg

------------------------------------

I have my display running by itself with the circulator, lights, and 50w heater. MAG 3 (sump pump) is turned off and I have taken apart the whole return line for fixing. I also removed the sand in the sump (most). The problem was that I used silicone instead of glue for the return line which is a no no with PVC, and this eventually resulted in leaking as Fnard so nicely pointed out, here are some pics just for fun, everything should be back up and running by tommorow, my check list is being filled! :D

---------------------

so many ninjas... :ninja:

---------------------

7523b979.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

38e9a9a1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

166d4713.jpg

OMG! omgomgomg

I finished the return line, completely new clean cut PVC with unions and everything...

Scratch that one off the list! :happydance:

now we'll see if it will survive the test of time... O:

Fnard you wouldn't believe how happy it makes me to see a helpful follower that actually comments...

Thank You

"Scratch that one off the list"

BEFORE 2012...

-GET AND INSTALL LIGHT FOR SUMP :rant:

-CLEAR OUT SAND FROM SUMP :ninja:

-FINISH DISPLAY LR SETUP :ninja:

-ADD EXTRA LED LAMP TO DISPLAY :rant:

-FIX PVC RETURN LINE FROM SUMP :ninja:

-GET CHAETO/MACRO FOR SUMP :ninja:

-REORGANIZE SUMP TO MAKE SPACE AND KEEP EQUIPTMENT IN ITS PLACE :ninja:

-MORE FISH!!!!! :ninja:

-POSSIBLY MORE FEATHER DUSTERS :ninja: