Coral Vue Hydros

ADA 30c reef

ptboy6

Deleted User 4

yup dosing is not necessary for such a small nano. I've lost more than a few hundred in this tank. lol Hopefully I will a larger system up sometime next year. I'm done with this tank. I'm just going to let things grow but not add anything super nice anymore until an upgrade.

I see. Yeah small tanks are definitely less stable. What are you planning to upgrade to?? An ADA 60p would be nice. :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see. Yeah small tanks are definitely less stable. What are you planning to upgrade to?? An ADA 60p would be nice. :)

I have 2x 60F sitting there with everything ready (40br sump, lights, controller, etc..) Just gotta find a place to put it since I'm not home all the time to take care of it. Once I'm settled, hopefully I can start a 200+ gallons tank. I'm tired of looking at nice big fishes and not able to house them. lol.

Deleted User 4

Lol. I'll be adding the sand soon like in 3 days. As a turnout, I will be keeping the manta ray 18 and have IRL the picasso clown stay put there. Gonna add some bta's soon over to the manta ray. Haha. I was thinking maybe I can add some pulsing xenias leaning onto the back wall to cover up all the coralline algae as it spreads on. Hmm.

The Ada will also have bta's hehe.

Heard that. I'm about to scrape off my whole back wall of the ADA when I empty it out. Should be fun!

Then maintain the clean glass after I set it back up.

Deleted User 4

Heard that. I'm about to scrape off my whole back wall of the ADA when I empty it out. Should be fun!

Then maintain the clean glass after I set it back up.

Why not just get a new ada tank as replacement? :)

haha 60p isn't too bad of a price.

If I was gonna do that, I'd go bigger. I looked at customs, mr aqua 48g, and ADA 75p. But then id probably need another radion, mp10, etc.

Maybe ill break the 60p while drilling it, and tell my fiancé I have to upgrade now :ninja:

Oops. Just realized this wasn't IIX's thread. Sorry for the clutter OP.

Deleted User 4

If I was gonna do that, I'd go bigger. I looked at customs, mr aqua 48g, and ADA 75p. But then id probably need another radion, mp10, etc.

Maybe ill break the 60p while drilling it, and tell my fiancé I have to upgrade now :ninja:

Oops. Just realized this wasn't IIX's thread. Sorry for the clutter OP.

lololol I see. Yeah you can head over to my thread and we can further discuss this future upgrade of yours :)

lol you guys can discuss this all you want. For coralline, I'd just soak the tank in a vinegar solution and it's a breeze getting everything off. Just make sure you clean/rinse the tank very well afterwards. And always let sit before using again.

ReefSavvy is too costly. Well the tank itself isn't too bad but the shipping for a tank that large is way too much. I would never imagine paying $700+ for shipping. lol Now if I happen to be out in florida with a big truck for MACNA or something...lol

Deleted User 4

ReefSavvy is too costly. Well the tank itself isn't too bad but the shipping for a tank that large is way too much. I would never imagine paying $700+ for shipping. lol Now if I happen to be out in florida with a big truck for MACNA or something...lol

Lolol Yeah, shipping that thing is quite impossible I would imagine hahaha.

Are there any good local glass tank makers?

Only thing local would be LeeMar or CadLights. The CadLights do look very good. I haven't seen any LeeMar tanks yet but I've been reading that they're supposed to be nice.

Deleted User 4

Only thing local would be LeeMar or CadLights. The CadLights do look very good. I haven't seen any LeeMar tanks yet but I've been reading that they're supposed to be nice.

Wait, have you seen cadlights in person?? They're okay, not that great in my inspection haha.

I think cadlights and leemar are about the same.

But what can you do you know? I don't think any local builders are as good as reefsavvy, ada, or elos....lol.

I've seen an Elos tank and that thing is nice. :) The cadlights are nice for the price. I haven't seen a ReefSavvy tank yet but from all the pictures I've seen, it looks flawless. After reading about how bad LeeMar has gotten, I think I would rather pay for a ReefSavvy. lol

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I've seen an Elos tank and that thing is nice. :) The cadlights are nice for the price. I haven't seen a ReefSavvy tank yet but from all the pictures I've seen, it looks flawless. After reading about how bad LeeMar has gotten, I think I would rather pay for a ReefSavvy. lol

Lololol dude, a guy on here received a crappyass tank from leeMar....kinda sucks considering he spent 3k on it.

If anything just go cadlights. Reefsavvy will costs way too much for shipping....

Yeah, I haven't seen elos tank in person yet but god damn, just looking at the pictures and price, I know it's flawless asap.

I'm always going to stay nano. Unless I get super rich in future which I know ain't gonna happen haha.

hahaha Yeah, the Elos tank I saw was a used one that was FS at AquaSD. For being used and kinda dirty, it still caught my eyes when I walked in. I'm probably going to get a CadLight as I can't afford a ReefSavvy.

Archived