Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral
Looking good. Does the scroll have good polyp extension yet?

Yea, it has nice yellow polyps now!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well seeing that last pic of the scape, it looks a little better than I remember. If you ever DO add more liverock, if it's fully cured, it will not hurt anything. Don't be scared of bristle worms. Eunicids yes, but those aren't nearly as common as bristle worms.

I went up there this past week and dude they didnt have anything!?!?!? good think i put everything i wanted on hold haha because it was the last of it!

tank is looking good an im excited to see how it progresses, are you a member of reef2reef?

saltwatercoral
Well seeing that last pic of the scape, it looks a little better than I remember. If you ever DO add more liverock, if it's fully cured, it will not hurt anything. Don't be scared of bristle worms. Eunicids yes, but those aren't nearly as common as bristle worms.

Thats good to know about the Bristle worms. I did have the Eunicid worms though after IDing him. It was only 1 but i killed them all to be safe.

I went up there this past week and dude they didnt have anything!?!?!? good think i put everything i wanted on hold haha because it was the last of it!

tank is looking good an im excited to see how it progresses, are you a member of reef2reef?

I did notice that the sale (Tropical Marin pro reef salt is very hard to get with them and they also never seem to have my eshopps filter bags either... O well, thats why I call before driving over an hour to get there.

Thanks, I am looking forward to see everything progress myself. Not a member on reef2reef... Should I be and R U? How is your tank going!

saltwatercoral

Here is a question... I think I have 2 small acro/sps crabs on my LA Lakers coral. I have pics but they are Iphone pics and I had to take at night when the lights were out. This pics are taken quickly when I put a flashlight on it and snaped a pic. There is no sign of dead area or white spots. Actualy its the opposite. Its doing great and these crabs have made there home in 2 small indentations or holes on the coral... I believe these to be good.

There is only one you can see in the pic, the other one is much smaller and likes to hide. I saw him once and that was it. The other guy comes out when the lights are out and walks around the LA Lakers coral like he owns it. LOL

spscrab.jpg

SPScrab1.jpg

That's cool. I have two crabs that live together in this one rock, but I'm not convinced they are reef safe. Glad to see your still up and running.

saltwatercoral
That's cool. I have two crabs that live together in this one rock, but I'm not convinced they are reef safe. Glad to see your still up and running.

Those worms just freaked me out, bit I'm still goig strong! Going to

Pick up 2 6-8" clams and some more corals this week!

Is there anything besides good light, calcium and alk that the clams need to survive? Food of some type?

Some people dose phyto with clams but that I believe is more common with small clams 2" ish and such. Otherwise the parameters you listed are the main ones. I don't know if your running GFO but somethimes clams will react adversely with GFO being ran.. mainly people using GFO in quantity in reactors... When I had my clam just good light and good parameters kept him very happy.

saltwatercoral
Some people dose phyto with clams but that I believe is more common with small clams 2" ish and such. Otherwise the parameters you listed are the main ones. I don't know if your running GFO but somethimes clams will react adversely with GFO being ran.. mainly people using GFO in quantity in reactors... When I had my clam just good light and good parameters kept him very happy.

Thanks Degener8! That's some good info!

SouthFlorida_Tron

For prior comments regarding clams...

I have a maxima and derasa... I run chemipure elite and phosban gfo. Dose Phyto feast and oyster feast. The derasa is happy in my sand, maxima is peachy on the rocks. Both under center lighting of tank.

saltwatercoral
For prior comments regarding clams...

I have a maxima and derasa... I run chemipure elite and phosban gfo. Dose Phyto feast and oyster feast. The derasa is happy in my sand, maxima is peachy on the rocks. Both under center lighting of tank.

Sounds just like like what I'm running. I hope to keep these guys for a while! Thanks Tron!

saltwatercoral

Just got 2 nice clams and a pink Birds Nest! Going to be getting a few more frags tonight as well. I will

Post pics here soon when I get everything in the tank!

saltwatercoral

Alright here is some pics of the new additions! Its been 1 day and the corals and 2 clams are loking good!

Tridacna derasa (left) Tridacna crocea (right)

TridacnaderasaleftTridacnacrocearight.jpg

Purple Digitata

PurpleDigitata.jpg

Green Digitata

GreenDigitata.jpg

Purple Bonsai

PurpleBonsai.jpg

Pink Birds Nest

PinkBirdsNest1.jpg

Another Pink Birds Nest

PinkBirdsNest.jpg

Green Spogodas

GreenSpogodas.jpg

Gorilla Nipples (I had these durring the cycle and they survived!)

GorillaNipples.jpg

Curen tank shott with the corals

Curentwithcorals.jpg

saltwatercoral
Looking good!

Thanks Criley7! Im trying to get it there!

Cool. It's really starting to fill up. Where did you get the frags?

Thanks pschom! I have some from "That Fish Place", "Exotic Aquatics", "House of Tropicals", but the majority is from Criley7 here on N-R. The clams and and the bigger Pink Birds nest I got from Esqueleto here on N-R as well.

saltwatercoral

I just had a first equipment failure lastnight. I noticed my tank temp at 89.3 and saw one of my 2 heaters was stuck on. I unplugged it and powered it off. Now I only have 1 heater and need another one. I had a Marineland and I am done with those... When I left this morning it was down to 88.1

What is the most reliable heater you all use?

saltwatercoral
I run Eheim Jäger's as well.

Doesnt your Reef Keeper Elite with Net shut off your heater if it gets above a certain temp?

LOL, it does but I have not I have not connected it to the net just yet and have not configured this thing. Its jst a good thing I have cought this now and not latter.... Im pulling all my marinleand heeaters out and going with Eheim Jäger's

So it doesn't shut the power to the heater off at a higher temp? I thought it did that.

Oh never mind I re-read it.

saltwatercoral
So it doesn't shut the power to the heater off at a higher temp? I thought it did that.

Oh never mind I re-read it.

LOL, yea it does, but it helps if I configure it! I guess I should be doing that this week so its just not a $700 thermometer.

Archived