ReefCleaners.org

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral
Those freakin worms use to freak me out the last time i had my biocube setup for 3 years at night id see all these huge ass worms crawling outta the rocks.. So when i set it back up last September i used brs eco live rock so there was no chance of them at the time. So far so good.. They may be good but i hate them!

Those things freak me out to! I have been doing checks and I havnt seen any more latley! I also did an Amonia test last night and it is at 0! So thankfully introducing that rock again didn't do anything! I will be doing another 25g water change this weekend as I always do so it should help anyway.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remember everything happens SLOW in saltwater aquariums. Unless something drastic happens... Params swing sometimes for no apparent reason, but it's probably from that mushroom that floated away and melted a week ago from not enough light...etc.

saltwatercoral

O my! I thought my new Naso tang was about ready to kick the dust. I saw him hiding behind the rock scape and on the sand with white spots on him. I thought I was killing him. I quickly googled this problem and by the time I found out that they do this when they are scarred or frightened... He was swimming around with no spots on him what so ever... That thing freaked me out, but he is good and swimming around now! :huh:

saltwatercoral
Lol thank god

Your telling me! I'm just glad he is ok. Check my water parameters and all us good, even though I'm doing a water change tomorrow or Sunday. Something spooked him, just not sure what...

saltwatercoral
If ur fish get ich, there's a product called Kick Ich that works miracles. Worked for me twice!!

Thats def good to know! Every one is doing great and it seems that my Naso is a shy guy and when he gets spooked he just hides and has white blotches on them, and after a few min they go away and he comes out swimming around and is happ again... :huh: Go figure... At least its not ich though!

saltwatercoral
Hello! I have missed a lot. Looking good :) , but that worm. How did you catch it?

Thanks surgicalsence! As for the worm, it was simple... took the rock out and used a hammer! :lol: I’m glad I took that rock out! Those worms, or worms in my tank just freak me out... I did find out that another one of my rocks had worms in it to. Instead of removing another rock, I just put the rock in fresh water with a bunch of ice cubes and left it in the fridge overnight. I then washed the rock off with some fresh ro water and put it back in. I kept a close eye on the Ammonia and it didn’t do much of anything to the water. I guess since its a larger water volume it didn’t hurt it too bad. Did a water change last night and all is going good with everything else!

If ur fish get ich, there's a product called Kick Ich that works miracles. Worked for me twice!!

id never put chemicals into a reef tank or soon to be reef like that, let the ich go away naturally. or qt the fish...

Thats def good to know! Every one is doing great and it seems that my Naso is a shy guy and when he gets spooked he just hides and has white blotches on them, and after a few min they go away and he comes out swimming around and is happ again... :huh: Go figure... At least its not ich though!

^very good news, ps when you heading to tpp again? i just roasted my sl1 this weekend and need to get another.

surgicalsense
Thanks surgicalsence! As for the worm, it was simple... took the rock out and used a hammer! :lol: I’m glad I took that rock out! Those worms, or worms in my tank just freak me out... I did find out that another one of my rocks had worms in it to. Instead of removing another rock, I just put the rock in fresh water with a bunch of ice cubes and left it in the fridge overnight. I then washed the rock off with some fresh ro water and put it back in. I kept a close eye on the Ammonia and it didn’t do much of anything to the water. I guess since its a larger water volume it didn’t hurt it too bad. Did a water change last night and all is going good with everything else!

I know I have a tiny (I am sure it huge now) fire worm somewhere. But I have not had any coral fail on me, because of the worms. But I also saw two large bristle worms poking their heads out of the rock. I may do that when I move and have to break my tank down. Thank you for the insight on that.

saltwatercoral
id never put chemicals into a reef tank or soon to be reef like that, let the ich go away naturally. or qt the fish...

^very good news, ps when you heading to tpp again? i just roasted my sl1 this weekend and need to get another.

Thats not good... I want to go soon and get some more filter socks and some more Coral RX, just not sure when I will be able to go. Ill let you know when I do though.

I know I have a tiny (I am sure it huge now) fire worm somewhere. But I have not had any coral fail on me, because of the worms. But I also saw two large bristle worms poking their heads out of the rock. I may do that when I move and have to break my tank down. Thank you for the insight on that.

No prob, hope u catch em!

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how much have you thrown at this thing? One SOL could've funded my whole 3 gallon tank :lol:

saltwatercoral
What's up with the tank man? Can we get An updated pic or two?

Lol! I'll post some pics and updates later today! I just picked up Criley7's LA lakers scroll coral off of him Yesterday! I just put it in last night and it looks incredible under the SOLs!

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how much have you thrown at this thing? One SOL could've funded my whole 3 gallon tank :lol:

It's been fun but tallying up te total spent on supplies an livestock wasn't,lol. I have about $8,500 invested in this thing!

Jacob042426

Don't get chemicals, get a neon goby or a cleaner shrimp.

saltwatercoral

I have a cleaner shrimp now and will prob get another one soon. No ick so that's a good thing!

whatever. if it works, why not use it? just like chemi pure and perigen and dosing alk and calc and mag and whatever other things get put into synthetic salt. Its all chemicals! Its a conspiracy! lol

saltwatercoral
whatever. if it works, why not use it? just like chemi pure and perigen and dosing alk and calc and mag and whatever other things get put into synthetic salt. Its all chemicals! Its a conspiracy! lol

LOL!

Thanks again Criley7 for the LA lakers scroll coral! It looks like its happy! I did bump my SOLs up by 5 all the way around! Now my max sun at noon is about 42%. Can't wait to get the other pieces from you!

saltwatercoral
you need more rock before more coral IMO

Really? What do you recommend and how much? I want live rock but don't want those worms again... If I add to Much live rock will it send my tank into another cycle?

saltwatercoral

Alright... Sorry its been a little while but here are some pics of then NEW addition and as wella s some growth pics!

LA Lakers Scroll

LALakersScrollcoral.jpg

Close up of the LA Lakers Scroll

LALakers.jpg

Before (about 1 month ago)

Growthbefore.jpg

After (Today) I dit break off the top part by acsident, but its healed up and grwoing nice. You can look at the bottom bases and see the growth covering the plug.

GrowthAfter.jpg

TANK-1.jpg

saltwatercoral
Looking good! Glad to see that everything is growing and liking your tank!

Thanks nickjqz! It's always nice to see growth and since this is my first time it's exciting as well! Today is going to be another 25g water change as well!

Archived